Ayia Napa Town Hall

Hi

Has anyone been married at Ayia Napa Town hall, or planning 2?

R :\)

• yeah i get married in ayia napa town hall in 11 days eeeeek
  • Really, bet your really excited!! I cant wait but I have ages to wait, June 09!!!image

Do you know how many people it holds inside? And do they play music before and when you enter the room? Are you having pictures in the Monastry?

I am planning to have them in the Monastry and some taken on the beach.

Rx

Rx
  • Hi

We got married in May at A N Town Hall. I would estimate around 30-40 can fit in the room, it is a good size and very nice. Yes you can take your own music to play, we did. We had pics at the Monastery and beach too.

We had our reception at Garden of Eden and it was fantastic.

www.tonyandkathy.weddingpath.co.uk

Our pics should give you a good idea of how your day will be. You won't be disappointed with your choice of reception or the Town Hall, we had a fabulous time. xx

[Modified by: Now Mrs Dawe! on September 26, 2008 07:22 PM]

• gunnogunno Posts: 171
    Hi,

We too got married at the Town Hall in May, it's gorgeous, no need to worry. We didn't have a wedding planner and shock horror, we survived!!. We had our ceremony at 2pm then reception at the Diones restaurant, (next door to adams beach hotel), it was all fantastic!!. Going back in 3 weeks to have a holiday and relax. You'll enjoy it

photos:

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll67/vikkigunson/?albumview=slideshow

Vikki x

[Modified by: gunno on September 27, 2008 01:14 PM]

[Modified by: gunno on September 27, 2008 01:14 PM]

• Thanks for your replies and for sharing your pictures, cant wait to look at those this evening when I finish work! I have about 35 - 40 people so thats good to know. I am so excited I really cant wait.

Can I ask what songs you chose for the town hall?

Thanks xx
    Hi Again,

We had Eva Cassidy Songbird as i walked into the room, our bestman just poped it into the cd player and was left to his own devices. Then when we were married the photographer asked our guests to leave before us and stand outside for for the confetti, so there wasn't any need for a song to be played afterwards but i think he just pressed play ans we had 20 mins worth of songs on the cd - plenty.

Vikki
  • Hi Vikki

Thanks. Songbird was one I picked along with From This Moment. Thats good to know I will make sure I take it on disc and pass it onto the bestman in that case.

Do you know how long it takes to get to the Monastry for photos? And is there a nearby beach for pictures.

Thanks x

Hi,

Are you also planning yours without a planner?, it seem that way.

Our photographer photoexpress was excellent they advised us throughout the day. We left the T.H then we were driven to the monesteray, it took under 5 mins, our guests walked, so it worked well because we had some photos just of us 2 done before everyone else arrived. There's a few beaches very close by, but again we were driven to the nissi beach just for us 2 photos again, our guests were taken in a bus we organised when we got there to the reception venue, the bus carried 30 and only cost 35 euros so don't be ripped off!,

Vikki

P.s.

we're going back in 3 weeks for a holiday, so if there's anything you need to know, let me know before then

[Modified by: gunno on September 29, 2008 03:25 PM]

• Hi Vikki

Thanks for that, your a great help. I have actually got a wedding coordinator with the package I have prebooked with Olympic, but wont meet them until I get there. It cost me £418.oo for the photos, flowers, cake and the coordinator on the day.

Thats a realy good idea the bus for 30, who did you use? I have booked the car myself thats ???????100 for a new mercedes.

I love Cyprus we have been twice, and I am so looking forward to going back next year.

xx
    Hi Again,

I think Olympic are quite good not had any complaints on here anyway. Jenny my make-up lady worked for olympic but also did her own work, she's brill if that who they still use. The price you've been given is very reasonable aswell, we paid 450 euros for 36 photos in an album and 30 min dvd. we took our own silk flowers, and the restaurant organised our cake for 45 euros - very plain and simple but just perfect!. The car we was going to hire a merc like you, but decided to hire a ford focus cabrio in purple, paid about 170 euros for 2 days. The old village bus was parked on the waste land down Nissi Ave, just before you turn down to the Town Hall, oppisite the fair. We rang the Number but the chap bless him couldn't speak any english, the receptionist from our hotel then rang him for us, we did think we were getting the village bus, but they sent a smaller bus as there were only 26 of us. The phone number is 00357 99623796, it's worth a try, but to be honest they seemed to work around us so i don't think they'd need alot of notice to book them.

Vikki x
  • Hi Vikki

Thanks for that, I will give them a call when im there I think and get that booked.

I have booked Jenny for my hair and make-up, They have not said who will be my coordinator. Hope it is Jenny in that case!

Just been looking at yours and Kathys pics you both look beautiful, and your day looks just perfect, Thank you for sharing them with me.

I am so excited now I cant wait!

Sorry One more thing, did you have any entertainment in the evening?? I cant decide, I was think Cypriot dancers or disco. We are having our reception at the Garden of Eden

Have a fab hol Vikki.

x

[Modified by: NayNay1 on September 29, 2008 09:29 PM]

[Modified by: NayNay1 on September 29, 2008 09:33 PM]

Hi Again,

We had a disco/dj he was fab, he did a bit of singing too, he played all the kind of music we like and palyed all requests, he said he also is one of the blues brothers in Ayia Napa - we might have to track him down this time when we go cos he was a good singer. He played 7pm til midnight, 150 euros or thereabouts, the restaurant organised him for us, as would the Garden of Eden. Good luck in your planning.

Vikki x