marreid in mauritius

hi

getting married in the maritim hotel in jan 07 cant wait would love to here from anyone getting married/or got married out there have read reviews all was very good

thanks jen

• tdanceruktdanceruk Posts: 21
    hi im getting married in mauritius in feb 2007 at meridien maurice i cant wait either the time seems to be flying by who did you book with?

tracey
  • jenfitzyjenfitzy Posts: 8
    thats great best of luck i booked with sunway hoildays

who did you book with8\)
  • hannbloomhannbloom Posts: 19
    Hi

I'm getting married at the Trou aux Biches hotel on the West of the island this November!. Only 144 days to go according to my YYW countdown.

Hannah
  • hi

im getting married in le touessrok, sept 2007. cant wait!
  • Hi Hannah, we almost booked the Trou aux Biches, but instead went for Le Canonnier, just up the coast, only 71 days to go for me!! Good luck with yours.xx
  • awebsterukawebsteruk Posts: 368
    Hi Kelle,

I got married first time round in Mauritus at Le Tousserok hotel. It was amazing absolutely. You have made a good choice there.

They have refurbished it since I was there but you should have a ball!

2nd time round I'm getting married in Jamaica. Didn't feel it was appropriate to take him back there ho hum.

• sazzyuksazzyuk Posts: 131
    Hi to all you peeps...161 days to go...and counting till we tie the knot in Mauritius on a submarine!!!!

We are there for 2 1/2 weeks holiday - 9 days into the hols we are getting married, so it still gives us another 9 days to honeymoon, leaving the children at their grandparents house....

Would love to speak to you gals out there on what the children could wear???
  • hannbloomhannbloom Posts: 19
    Hi girls

I've only got another 130 days to go. My daughter who will be our flower girl is wearing the dory daisy dress from Monsoon. All the other dresses I tried for her (i.e Debenhams, BHS etc) were all really heavy and therfore not practical for the heat in Mauritius but the Monsoon dress is lovely and light unlike mine which I picked up yesterday!
  • sazzyuksazzyuk Posts: 131
    Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the tip. I tried Monsoon today but they didn't have anything to fit my 9 year old daughter.

Altough I see what you mean, they are lovely in there!!

Cheers ..Sarah....& Good Luck & Best Wishes for your special day !!!!
  • KristyukKristyuk Posts: 897
    Hi,

We're getting married in Mauritius in November/Dec 07. Le Touessrok looks amazing, but beyond the budget, so we're looking at possibly Belle Mare Plage or Sugar Beach Resort, but are open to suggestions!

Kristy
  • andielouandielou Posts: 449
    hi

i just got back from a wedding in mauritius- it was fabulous- Le Canonnier is beautiful. everyone was so welcoming. i felt like a princess- can't wait for mine in ny next yr- 313 days to go
  • Hi workforshoes. How exciting, that's where i am getting married in 6 weeks! what was it all like? i've e-mailed the hotel about a few things but its hard to imagine what it will be like.x
  • andielouandielou Posts: 449
    it was great- they had sega dancers on the beach at sundown & the food was great. they opted for the bbq buffet and it was lovely. the views are lovely, the hotel was lovely. there were around 70 people at the wedding as they had relatives from mauritius.

grand baie is pretty good too. check out the banana beach club (which is a bar) its all chilled - you will have an amazing time- although the flights are LONG!
  • HI HAMSTER

WOW! IVE EVENTUALLY FOUND SOMEONE THAT HAS GOT MARRIED AT LE TOUESSROK! AT LAST.

WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR CEREMONY?

ANY TIPS YOU CAN FORWARD ME WOULD BE GREAT! ESPECIALLY THINGS NOT TO GO FOR

THANKS

KELLE
  • Hi workforshoes - it sounds fantastic, i getting so excited now, i can't wait. Not looking forward to the flights, but will definitely check out the banana beach club when i'm there. Where abouts in NY are you getting married?x