Gibraltar Wedding - HELP!

• Quoted:
    I just hope the register office looks nice, but if it doesn't we will chose a hotel to have the ceremony at. Can't wait to get a confirmed date. We are looking at sometime in september.

Where are you girls going on honeymoon after? We were thinking maybe the Maldives.

/Bella
    Hi ,

My name is Chamaine and I run a wedding planner business here in Gibraltar

The goal of my business is to make your Gibraltar wedding elegant, seamless, memorable, and most of all fun!

My Gibraltar Wedding Coordinators are dedicated to providing the ???????Gibraltarian Spirit??????? Gibraltar is famous for. We focus exclusively on each client ???????? unlike larger companies, we do not multi-book our weddings. Your special day will have our personal attention and dedication. From the first moment, to the last we will cater to the needs of you, your family, and your guests. Each client becomes part of our ???????extended family!???????

There are no limits to what we can create. Flowers, cakes, wedding car and many more things are a signature to any Gibraltarian wedding and we are lucky to have creative and innovative professionals working with us. We will design your Gibraltar wedding dreams and will feel privileged to be a part of planning your Gibraltar wedding here on our beautiful rock.

Please visit my site on:

www.sweetgibraltarweddings.com

Or please email me on:

[email protected]

Regards,

Chamaine

• Post removed: Breach of chatroom rules

[Modified by: Web Master on December 10, 2008 10:32 AM]

• Quoted:
    Hey Frankie, I had problems e-mailing the register office too. My e-mail came back saying "unable to deliver to address at the minute" and then the next day "delivery failed", so I called them instead around 10 in the morning GMT and they answered straight away.

KB, thank you so much for starting this thread, we will probably be a big group by the time the first person gets married! image

Good luck to you all with booking/planning, etc. I'm already addicted to this forum, ha ha image

Hi ,

My name is Chamaine and I run a wedding planner business here in Gibraltar

The goal of my business is to make your Gibraltar wedding elegant, seamless, memorable, and most of all fun!

My Gibraltar Wedding Coordinators are dedicated to providing the ???????Gibraltarian Spirit??????? Gibraltar is famous for. We focus exclusively on each client ???????? unlike larger companies, we do not multi-book our weddings. Your special day will have our personal attention and dedication. From the first moment, to the last we will cater to the needs of you, your family, and your guests. Each client becomes part of our ???????extended family!???????

There are no limits to what we can create. Flowers, cakes, wedding car and many more things are a signature to any Gibraltarian wedding and we are lucky to have creative and innovative professionals working with us. We will design your Gibraltar wedding dreams and will feel privileged to be a part of planning your Gibraltar wedding here on our beautiful rock.

Please visit my site on:

www.sweetgibraltarweddings.com

Or please email me on:

[email protected]

Regards,

Chamaine

• Stupid bloody advert!!! Arghhhh!!!

Was so glad to see some more posts on here in my e-mail. I definately won't be using that company!

Anyway, girls how are your plans going? We haven't done much more atm as we are trying to spread the costs over the months and we payed for dress, ring and registry office last month.

Hope you are all ok image

/Bella
  • JMJ77JMJ77 Posts: 1,287
    Hey Bella

I was exactly the same, email to the mods is on the cards me thinks!

We haven't moved any further with our plans either, bit of a nightmare at the mo, lost my uncle on Thursday, absolutely gutted, he is the only uncle I have anything to do with and it was very sudden, he was only 54!!

Also H2B has run out of work here which is obviously a pain but thankfully he has got some work lined up in the UK in Jan but God knows what the future will be like here so as you can imagine having a bit of a shit time! Knew it was too good to be true everything going the way I wanted with my redundancy and move back to Spain but fingers crossed things will get better.

H2B even said we might have to cancel the honeymoon and I'm like Noooooooooooooo anyway my mum said she will pay half so that is a massive help.

How is everyone else getting on?

JJ x

• Sorry to hear about your uncle, JMJ77. And with your h2b's work problems it sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time at the moment. Hopefully things will look up for you soon.

My planning is going well and I feel pretty much on top of things at the moment. The wedding is all booked, the flights are all booked. We even got round to booking the honeymoon! (Two weeks in Bali - looking forward to it already!) Still got to get the reception sorted out, which we're having back at home after getting married in Gib. That's the next thing on my list. Went to see a band on Saturday who were fab, so just need to find the reception venue now and we're all set!

Haven't had the fun of dress shopping yet - I'm doing Slimming World at the moment so going to wait another few months and hopefully lose a few more pounds first!

Hope everyone else's plans are going OK? x

[Modified by: LuckyFrankie on December 09, 2008 07:05 AM]

• So sorry to hear about your uncle JJ image

I bet things will get sorted out about H2B's job though and don't cancel your honeymoon. Where are you going?

I can only go away for about a week on honeymoon as won't have many days holiday left after being in Gib for the wedding.
  • I don't know what to have as my "something borrowed", any ideas?

Something old - diamond earrings and necklace that have been in my family for generations.

Something new - the dress

Something borrowed - Help! image

Somthing blue - garter

What are you all having for your old, new borrowed, blue?
    Hey Ladies

Thanks for your thoughts xxx

Bella we are going for 1 week in Barbados followed by a week on a Caribbean Cruise and have already paid an £800 deposit! My mum has said she will pay half for us so that is great news, bless her! It's quite a relieve as we are paying for everything else.

H2B now has some work in Jan with my friend but means we will be separated again as the work is in the UK image and he will also have some work with his brother but again it is in the UK but hey sometimes you have to make these sacrifices...........

LuckyFrankie sounds like you have everything under control and a honeymoon in Bali how lovely.

Bella you also sound very organised, I haven't thought too much about the old and new etc but having had a think this is what I'll be going with

Something Old - Going to find something of my nan's as sadly she passed away 5 years ago.

Something new - dress, tiara, shoes etc

Something borrowed - ??????????

Something blue - A ribbon on my garter

Hmm I'm stuck on the something borrowed too, think I will ask my MOH if she has anything I can borrow. If I think of anything I'll let you know Bella ha ha ha

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year xxx
  • I have now heard that the somthing borrowed is supposed to be borrowed from someone who has been happily married for many years. So I might ask my dad's wife for this as that way she will feel more involved too and they have been very happily married for more than 10 years and are a very sweet couple. I don't like to use the word "stepmother" as it sounds evil and she is nothing like that. Anyway, I'm sure together we will be able to think of something image

How's everyone's plans going?

/Bella
  • Hello all and happy new year!

PLans not much further but this weekend having the first full on trying on of dress and all accessories!

18 weeks to go eek, will arrive fast now.

Any advice on insurance for abroad?

Also carrying bag for dress on board plane?

Thinking I need to start beauty regime? Any advice?

K image xx
    Hey ladies

Well Bella I might struggle with that as I don't know many people who have been happily" married for years!!! Maybe I'll ask my future in-laws as they have been together 50 years which is quite an achievement.

I managed to get my wedding jewellery sorted now so that is something also found a beautiful broach which belonged to my Nan and fits in nicely with our theme, gold and butterflies which I will attach to my bouquet as my something old.

Kb2b I would look on moneysupermarket.com for travel insurance, gives you lots of companies and their prices etc. I had a link to a box company might even have put it on this thread but will have another look for it and post it when I find it.

As for beauty regime not sure with that but guess just cleanse, tone etc but to be honest I'm quite basic with my beauty regime, or maybe just lazy.

Hope you're all well.

JJ x

• Hi girls.

JJ, I've only heard that from one person on this forum that it's supposed to be someone who has been happily married for years, never heard it before then, so I wouldn't think about it too much as long as it is something borrowed. I'm struggeling as well anyway as I don't really know many people like that either.

Are any of you going to the national wedding show?

• All

Strange timing as sis just started sorting the hen do, and wedding 4 months today,our 2 yr anniv soon, its with some sadness I say we have split.

May not come of a shock to some of you after I have told you the past going ons for the last near on year, basically since we got engaged!

His family could not let us be happy and were constantly making demands that saw the first wedding getting cancelled. After assuring me that he would stand up to his Dad and say we can make our own choices, he repeatedly let me down and apart from not sticking to his word and backing me up, then saw fit to turn on me and back up his family. This family who have done nothing but cause us pain and misery and us both tears and upset, suddenly now it seams as the wedding is near, just to forget the bad treatment.

After episodes of meeting with the family where we were ignored and great hostility towards us, we wrote a letter to the family members and informed them of the upset this was causing us and my 'ex' told me that he would not have them attending the wedding until apologies were made.

However, once more, since his father has been in contact with him it appears that he would not get married without them and the attitude of lets just forget what they've done to us. Er, no sorry - if he wants his family to treat him so cruel and cold that's up to him, I don't want to be part of that. I think I was being charitable enough to let them attend if they apologised, which was for him, as to be honest I dislike them all intently for what I've been treated like, for the crime of just wanting to plan my own wedding.

Once he has his stuff from the house and all money matters are sorted, hopefully within a week , I am looking forward to starting afresh and to be honest do feel a sense of relief, there are only so many chances you can give someone before you have to give up on them, and that's what I realised on Mon eve when I told him to leave. If he wants to be with his beloved family after the way they behaved, there is just no reasoning with that and I've given up trying.

As long as I get all what owed to me, I feel sorry for him as he will never be able to have a relationship without mummy and daddy presiding over their lives, as I said to him, he aint grown up enough to even have a pen pal let alone a girlfriend or even wife!! Without his family stuff I am sure we could have been happy, but they will not stop until we are split, so they have won.

Sooo thanks for all the advice and tips and I guess I wont be on here any more as does make me feel a little sad, good luck with your weddings and wish you all the happiness.

K image

K hun I am so sorry to hear your news but it sounds like you have made the right decision, his family would never have left you to live happily together.

You sound like a very strong lady and I wish you all the luck in the world for your future and maybe drop us a line to let us know how you're getting on.

Take Care

Love JJ x
  • K,

it fills me with great sadness to hear your news. Familys can be a struggle sometimes, I agree. Especially if they have very strong opinions on hoe things should be done and won't realise that on your wedding day/in your house the rules might be different to what they are used to. It's so sad to see one of the first one of us to leave this forum and for a sad reason.

I think like you said though, now you can make a fresh start and leave all of that controlling family behind you. I wish you all the best for the future. May you find a man who has as strong character as you and can stand up to people.

/Bella
  • emmajlremmajlr Posts: 19
    Hi All

Just thought I woudl message to see how everyone's plans are coming along?

I've just booked flights to go to Gib in March to sort out the menus, church etc etc (the list can feel a bit endless can't it?)

I'm really happy that my Dad is comign with me as it will be great to have his input, but I think he's finding it a bit overwhelming, and H2b's family have offered to pay for lots of the wedding, but my parents I think are feeling its all a bit too expensive and over the top. There's nothing particualry bad happened, I just wish I had a degree in negotiation skills and mind reading!
    Hey Ladies

Wouldn't life be easier if we had the ability to mind read hee hee I'm sure it will all be fine Taffeta.

Bet you can't wait to get all the bits sorted, obviously much easier to do in person rather than email etc

I'm just trying to get some sense out of the hotel, emailed them 2 weeks ago to try and re-negotiate the so called "special rate" that they offered me and I've had no response so have now sent the email to another of the Managers to see what happens!

Other then that haven't really made any more progress with the arrangements, my friend is sorting out the invites for me but is in the middle of moving house and then is off on hols for a couple of weeks so not sure when I will see them.

I contacted the company supplying my dress and they are expecting it around 13th Feb so hopefully not long after then I will receive it which is VERY exciting, just hope I can find somewhere in Spain where I can get some alterations done if necessary but I'll worry about that when it arrives.

How is everybody else getting on? Anyone else planning a trip out to Gib in the near future? I don't think we will be going to see the registrar etc until sometime in May.
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    Have you tried searching online for a wedding planning agency in Gibraltar? We're getting married in Majorca next summer and I've had loads of free advice and help from a wedding planning agency, they've even recommended loads of great venues too. Good Luck! image
  • Hi everyone image

Nice to hear about everyones plans. I would like to go out to Gib again in march/april but we have to save money and holiday days for the big day and honeymoon. My birhtday is coming up soon though, so I have wished for lots of things that I would have bought for the wedding anyway to try and lower the costs a bit. I'm also selling lots of old things on eBay to pay for wedding things. I bought my dress from eBay and it's absolutely perfect! So excited just planning everything.

Taffeta, what day is your wedding day?

I have just started looking at invitations this month, but still not decided which one to get or if to make them myself.

• Hi all , I am getting married in Gibraltar 24th August 2009 , in the registry office and have got flights booked from leeds bradford to malaga with jet2 , started trying to organise everything got prices for a few restaurants etc and then started gathering prices for flowers cake and so and got some stuff looking ok , but we would have to fly out for weekend to sort stuff out with them nayway got friends in gib and they gave me contact details for lady called monica who organises functions etc and she could get flowers and cake 25% cheaper than i could and is looking into prices for reception as we speak , so we will save £500 by not flying out there and hopefully save the stress of roganising too as got about 40-50 guests coming so all stress , but got my dress and veil sorted love gibraltar too so very happy bunny .
  • Hi everyone image

I'm not sure what to do regarding photographer....

Have any of you contacted a photographer in Gib and had a quote?

Any photoghrapher to recommend?

Invitations sent now, yay! image
  • I know we have got a phtographer booked for £128 for first hour and 35 an hour after that through hourweddings website they are based in gibraltar and will do a little or a lot from what i can gather so hopefully all be sorted on that front if you want website or e-mail i can give you it hope all go's well ,lisa
    Hey ladies

How are all the plans coming on? Bella did you get your birthday wish of a trip to Gib?

Taffeta - have you had your trip to Gib yet? How did it go?

Lisa sounds like you are pretty much sorted.

Our photographer is included in our hotel package so can't help you on that Bella sorry.

So what has everyone done since they were last on here?

My dress has now arrived YAY and I love it as much as I loved it the 1st time I tried it on, I've ordered my hoop, veil, dress bag, some flat shoes as a back up in the evening and my wedding ring.

H2B is all sorted got his suit from BHS and they had a special offer so his suit was £69 and he got a free shirt, tie and pair of shoes so bargain, he also has his wedding ring sorted so he is good to go!

I can't believe where the time is going, I only have 95 days to go, how long have you guys got to go?

Hope you're all well and enjoying all the planning x
  • Picked up my wedding ing last week so excited !! shouldbe fittings for me and bridesmaids in a couple of weeks , still need a song to walk in registry offic etoo any suggestions ?
  • Picked up my wedding ing last week so excited !! shouldbe fittings for me and bridesmaids in a couple of weeks , still need a song to walk in registry offic etoo any suggestions ? oh and 153 days to go !!!!

• Unfortunately we don't need a song to walk down the aisle to, but if we did this is the one I would pick:

183 days to go for us - can't wait!!

Got my dress ordered last week and I absolutely love it. Still need to find accessories to go with it.

Here's hoping these next six months fly past...

Lisa we haven't decided on songs but I'm liking Greatest Day Take That for some stage in the service,maybe for signing of the register or something, sorry not much help!

Lisa that is a really nice song, how come you're not having any music to walk down to?

Can we have a peek at your dress? Good luck finding the accessories, thankfully I'm sorted with those me and H2B chose my jewellery together which was nice.

Oh and re the time flying by, trust me it will image
  • How do i put photo online not sure , but i want a sing just don't know what as our song is buzzcocks ever fallen inlove with someone you shouldn't have erm not really registry office stuff lol !! and i meant picked ring up last week not ing !!! spelling awful
  • emmajlremmajlr Posts: 19
    Hello

I'm heading off to Gib tomorrow for a week to do lots of wedding things. Wedding is now just under 6 months away on 12 September.

I'm taking my Dad with me as well so he can feel involved with the preparations, and I think its going to be a busy week, but looking forward to menu tastings and meeting make up and hair people, and going through service with the priest - very very excited but trying not to frighten H2B too much with my endless to do lists.

Hope everyone else's plans are going well