F.A.O Greece Brides.....VOWS???

Hi

Im getting married in lindos at st pauls bay and heard that the vows are just I DO??????Which is boring!!!!!!

Anyone got married there? and if so what were your vows????And how long did it take???

JEMMA X

• Hi Jemma

Our wedding planner gave us the vows and they are pretty short they just say them, translate into English and then u say i do.

We have decided to have a member of the wedding party say a reading and we will also write our own vows!

love maria x
  • Jemmas82Jemmas82 Posts: 560
    Hi Honey-Nut

There quite boring aint they???

We might be saying our own mind u i think as soon as i see h2b ill be an emotional wreck so maybe its best if i dont say owt as will not be able to talk anyway!!!

Also iv heard that we have to sign the register the day after!!!!!!

How long is it before we get our marrige certificate???? or do u get it before u leave the country???

Jemma x;\)
    COME ON GIRLS NEED SOME ADVICE.

• Jemma

You get the marriage certificate about 2 days after the ceremony, then you can take it to the town hall in Rhodes town and have it translated, or you can bring it home and have it done here. It costs 100 euros to have it done there, I dont know what it costs here.

Hope this helps!!

Tra

xx
    HI TRA

YEAH IT HELPS!!! WHO TOLD U THIS?? OR DID U ALREADY KNOW??

IM HAVING A NIGHTMARE SOMETHING IS GOING TO GO WRONG.

JEMMAimage
  • Jemma it says it all in the paperwork we got from Going Places when we booked, theres loads of information about everything like the paperwork, how much it all is, what we have to pay in resort, and I also checked with Effie the wedding planner and she confirmed it! So dont worry!!!

Tra

xxx
  • MrsColl2BMrsColl2B Posts: 137
    Hi there all greek b2b's! I am getting married in Santorini and am having a civil ceremony. We were told by the wedding planners that we can personalise the vows and have anything that we want and the celebrant would use them instead. To help me with this, I asked for a copy of their standard vows... as I didn't want anything too wacky!

Anyway, the wedding planner sent them over and the ones they had were a bit OTT, to be honest! They were quite long and including a bit about bringing up children as good citizens (which made me think they were a little image .

I've bought a little book to help with this and the readings - as I want our vows to be personal to us. But I think we'll end up going for something in similar style to the English one, as it seems a bit more 'traditional' and 'meaningful'.

Have you seen if you can personalise your vows?

• LittleboboukLittlebobouk Posts: 5,369
    Think i will ask our wedding planner for a copy of these perhaps a bit nearer to the date though as i am sure that she thinks i am a bit mad trying to organise everything so far in advance ..even the people looking into my honeymoon keep saying Pole Pole ( which means slowly slowly in swahili lol)