Brown floaty bridesmaid dresses from the High Street?

I am having 1 adult bridesmaid, one 7 year old flower girl (got that dress already from Monsoon in the sale, total bargain!), and one 11 year old junior bridesmaid for our wedding in Sicily at the end of May. H2B is having a chocolate suit made of tropical wool, so I would like to match the bridesmaids to that. I saw a dress at Monsoon in silk, but found it very clingy and eveningy, and one tea lenght one in Phase Eight. I really can't stand that thick satin most bridesmaids dresses come in, so wondered if anyone stumbled across a lovely chocolate dress in a floaty fabric by any chance? Also, where do I get a similar dress for a teenager from?

Thank you all so much for your help!

• Hi,

Can I ask where you got your H2B chocolate suit from

Thanx x
  • sorry forgot to mention I have seen some lovely Alfred Angelo chocolate brown BM dresses. My daughter is my only BM and she loves it. They are 3/4 length and floaty with a cream band around the middle and a net underneath that hangs about 1 inch below the hem.

Have a look on there site it's style 6304S.

Got this from one of the threads on here and saw the dress in a shop this afternon. They are lovely for juniors or adults and can be dressed up with accessories.

Hope this helps

• Hi Joanne,

That's great, I will check it out tomorrow! H2B is having his suit tailormade by Raja Fashions. http://www.raja-fashions.com/

They travel around the UK all the time, send measurements to Hongkong and you get the suit, if you are an easy case (not huge, slumped, etc.) within 6-8 weeks. We choose chocolate tropical wool instead of linen as it doesn't crease. And we are having light green lining to go with the wedding invites. Sad, isn't it? image Good luck with it! My H2B loved the fitting and attention. I think Grooms should also have some attention.

Oh, and they had raving reviews in the Times (you can read it on their website) and Tony Blair is rumoured to be a customer.;\)

[Modified by: Mandranova on January 24, 2007 07:10 PM]
  • bexy1bexy1 Posts: 394
    Do you mind me asking how much they carged you for his suit?
  • Hi, I have seen a brown/fawn floaty dress in the Debut range in Debenhams, £70.00. Take alook on their website. Claire x
  • Hi Beckydoodah,

you can get suits in wool from around £500. The tropical wool is one of the most expensive fabrics they do, so we are paying £800. The amount of measurements they took was amazing. They kind of only left the little finger out. image

I just wanted H2B feel as special as I did when trying on my Caroline Parks dress.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, Claire!! That's exactly what I have been looking for! Great!
  • Hi there

I'm a South African getting married in Mauritius in October 07.I am having two bridesmaids and have found some gorgeous chocolate brown dresses in Monsoon but this was November 06 time. They are just below the knee, floaty with a chocolate brown netting over the top and some pleats. It also has a choc brown satin sash around the waist. The top is boned and straight across with option of straps. They were £95. I'm having a gorgeous green sash on my dress around my lace corset so i'm replacing the choc brown sash with the green to tie them in with me. I have seen a dress in Coast but it's that thick satin and it's a lighter brown. Keep looking, Monsoon has some fab dresses.

• bexy1bexy1 Posts: 394
    hi these are the dresses i having for my bridemaids (brown) any good to you http://www.eternitybridal.co.uk/gallery-detail.asp?ID=82
  • Helen22ukHelen22uk Posts: 156
    Try Next Occasionwear. In the Next Directory there are some nice pink dresses with a borwn overlay and they are very reasonably priced.
  • Hi,

I got my bm dress on Saturday (only 1) picked it up from Debenahams. It's pale gold with a lighter band around the waist, 3/4 length with a net frill underlay.

I was well surprised at how nice they were in there and it was only £70 with £20 for the wrap. I am gonna have some beading added ont the wrap to make it a bit more unusual. They had loads of brown, gold and cream dresses.

Hope this helps

Joanne