CYPRUS BRIDES TO BE/JUNE BRIDES!

Hi Ladies!!!

How are you all?;\)

Sorry i have`nt been on for a long time,been realy busy in the Salon and learning myself!

I did my first Bridal Put-up yesterday and also my 1st full head and foils (colouring!)

Was brilliant and took loads of photos...dead proud of myself lol!

Not long now for us is it?!image

I`m getting realy excited and nervous all at the same time!

I just want the Bridal Shop to phone to tell me my dress has arrived...

I`ve been having nightmares about my dress???

Where they had lost my reciept and have no knowledge of my order,and what makes it worse is i have paid half of the costing of my dress,veil,tiara eeek!image

Is it all coming together for you,or have you still got loads to do, like me?!

Speak Soon

Love

Jo xxx

• MUMMYAMUMMYA Posts: 557
    Hi Jo

All coming togther but still have lots to do need to get the Men's suits organised which is quite a big one. 15 weeks to go can't wait.

Annette
  • lclashlclash Posts: 27
    Hi Annette and Jo,

No, its not long. I have 109 days to go. We fly on 13th May and get married on the 21st.

I have been so stressed. Just sorted out the men's suits which is a relief. We were going to buy them but found somewhere where we can hire them for 3 weeks. I wanted the men to have jackets, but gone for trousers, shirt, wastecoat and cravat. HTB looked gorgeous when he tried it all on and I want him to be comfortable. I dont want to force him to wear a jacket.

Congrats Jo on your hair pin up and foils. I am fascinated when I have my hair in foils, I love to watch. You have to have a certain nack which I could never have.

I have been having few nightmares about my dress too. It will be here in March, I cant wait for the phone call to say it has arrived. I think it will feel more real once my actual dress is here. Bridesmaid dresses are in the process of being made. I have a 6 year old bridesmaid and going to buy her dress. Plan to look on the weekend, hope I find something.

Lou x
  • Hello, not been on here for ages...

Im getting married on June 26, in Ayia Napa. My dress has arrived, but needs to be altered as its tiny bit too long and big round my boobs, does not help when your tiny on top!! The groom and best man are kitted out too, they are wearing a nice light pink waiscoat/ cravat 0 not bad for a total of £35 all in!! and white shirt with linen trouers. We are just ordering rings, I have gone for a nice platinum one..!!!

I to have nightmares, thinking everything will go wrong, like my dress will go missing from the plane!!

xxxx
  • Hi. FabAnna, where did you get the grroms outfits from? The linen trousers sound ideal. And the waistcoat etc were such a good price! And what dress are you having? Not sure whether to go for a real big fairytale one, or whether i will just regret it in the heat! Melissa x
  • Hi Melissa,

The waiscoat I have gone for were from BHS, they got a lovely selection with cravats, did not want them to look to out, so the guys are getting some nice brown leather flip flops from Next only £25!!

My dress was £200..!!! Thats beacause the shop suggested to try one it with me going abroad, but its ivory a line dress, and as im having a tiara and a veil you would not think it was a bridemaid dress!!! its going to be hot, and i dont want to feel uncomfortable so thought this would be ideal, for shoes I got some nice ivory dimaonte strappy sandals from Next at £20!!!

Hope your plans are well, whats your date and where is it??

xx
  • Hi,

We are flying out to cyprus on 9th May and getting married in St Georges Chapel on 18th. Getting really excited now, although a bit disorganised.

We still havnt soted out what the men are wearing and I ordered my dress so long ago that I am worried that when I go for a fitting at the end of the month I wont like it any more!

Lou, how much did it cost to hire your mens wear for three weeks and wot company are you using? Think we will have to pull our fingers out!

• Hi Everyone....

Im not feeling too stressed.....at the moment!!!!!!!

Ive not had any nightmares.....Yet.......

We still have got the mens suits to get........which i think we are getting the cream linen suits from Next, they arent in the shops until thursday.......so thats what we will be doing at the weekend........but to be honest, i'll feel better when we have got them sorted.....

My H2B has been thinking that he has got plenty of time to get the suits sorted.......

We get married on 15th june..........maybe he has, but if he doesnt like the the suits in Next, then we are back to square one!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, all ive got to do is.....get tiara for Chief b/m, and little b/m's shoes.....

and the favours.....thats it...then im all done.........

Ive got my dress fitting in April..........

Jo-jo.....Congratulations on your bridal hair and your colour..........

How is the salon coming along???? Have you got a website????

Hope you are ok.......

Well, Jo 130 days to today that we get married................

Scary or what.........

Caroline xxx
    Hi Nearlybride

We live in South Wales and there is a Tailors here called Dyfed Menswear. I am not sure if they have other shops elsewhere though.

For the groom, bestman and fathers its costing £90 as its for 3 weeks. Thats for trousers, shirt, waist coat and cravat. Our ushers are coming for a week, so for them its £50 or so I think.

Got to be honest, I am so glad we have them sorted as I was so worried about it.

Need to get my shoes and underwear, bridesmaids shoes and think thats it.

What are you doing about presents for the mothers and bridesmaids? What favours are you having?

Lou x
  • Hi Lou

I know what you mean, about the mens suits......we've not sorted them out yet!!!!!! As my H2B thinks he has got loads of time.......but he has said to me today, that we will go and have a look this weekend........so im hoping that, we will get them sorted.....he has seen a cream linen suit from next......so fingers crossed, i think if he doesnt like them, i think that this might mean a trip to Trafford Centre......He won't like that......he hayes shopping.....

As for gifts, im not sure about gifts for the mums, but for my chief b/m, im getting her a watch.....and for my little b/m's i was thinking about jewellery, maybe a necklace......

Do you have any ideas, what you are getting?????

As for favours, just dont get me started.......

im having a real nightmare.......i wanted to take bottles of wine, but they are just too heavy.....so thats a no no.......

then i thought about lottery tickets....but H2B doesnt like like that idea......

so i really just dont know.....that is one thing is going to start stressing me........

Where are you getting married and when???

Caroline xxx
    Hi Caroline,

Sorry for late reply.

Still not sure what to do about favours. There is a shop in aiya napa that does favours, do you want teh details? I have asked for informtaiton but not received anything yet. I was thinking of scratch cards for the men as they are so light to carry and quite easy. I am not sure though.

I was thinking of buying the bridesmaids jewellery and thats their presents sorted. They can wear that jewellery on the day then. I have a littel bridesmaid that I might get her a little bracelet engraved thanking her for being bridesmaid.

We are getting married in the Aeneas which is on Nissi Bay. Its beautiful there, we went there last year to have a look and loved it. We actually get married on the 21st May. Fly out on the 13th and home on 27th.

How about you?

Lou x
  • vickiexxvickiexx Posts: 273
    Quoted:
    Hi Caroline,

Sorry for late reply.

Still not sure what to do about favours. There is a shop in aiya napa that does favours, do you want teh details? I have asked for informtaiton but not received anything yet. I was thinking of scratch cards for the men as they are so light to carry and quite easy. I am not sure though.

I was thinking of buying the bridesmaids jewellery and thats their presents sorted. They can wear that jewellery on the day then. I have a littel bridesmaid that I might get her a little bracelet engraved thanking her for being bridesmaid.

We are getting married in the Aeneas which is on Nissi Bay. Its beautiful there, we went there last year to have a look and loved it. We actually get married on the 21st May. Fly out on the 13th and home on 27th.

How about you?

Lou x

Hija Lou

We are getting married in Nissi Bay in September, could I be cheeky and ask for details of the favour shop in Aiya Napa?

Thankyou!!

vickie x
  • welly172welly172 Posts: 124
    Hi All,

114 days to go for us. (Fly out 27th May, get married 1st June)

We went suit hire shopping on Saturday to Moss Bros and they want £158 to hire an Edward suit, shirt, waistcoat and cravat, (he looked gorgeous!!!!) going to try a smaller local shop on Thursday.

I know what you all mean about the dress bought mine back in September and haven't seen it since, I keep going on-line to look at a photo I have found of it to make sure I still like it.

Had a mini trauma this weekend as quite a few of our guests received letters saying their holidays had been pulled forward by 3 DAYS (!!!) due to the airline they were booked on going bust!!! had a frantic run around and have managed to get them all rebooked onto alternatives on the day they actually wanted to go....

Ordered our rings 2 weeks ago so they should be here soon. Bought my shoes but can't seem to stop one of them rubbing (very bizarre how the right fits perfectly yet the left rubs...)

Keep me up to date with your plans, we have just started sorting out wedding favors (Mini perfumes and a scratch card for everyone) thinking of ordering some wedding bombs to put on each table as they sound like good fun to keep the guests entertained. Think I will be dishing stuff out to all our guests to bring with them or I won't have any room in my luggage....image
  • Hi all

Im getting married on the 15th june, at Peyia Town hall, Nr paphos.......having the reception back at our hotel, at the Azia Club resort and spa....

We fly out from manchester on the 10th june, return on the 24th june.....

Lou - Thanks for the offer of the favour shop in Ayia Napa, but Ayia Napa is too far away for me.....but thanks anyway.......

Welly172 -Can you tell me, where are you getting your mini perfumes from??????

I love that idea......

We are shopping for mens suits on saturday.......so im hoping that they will sorted then......

Ive got my wedding ring, my h2b will get his at the end of march......I keep looking at it.....

Caroline xx
    Hi Caroline,

I have 2 websites for the miniature perfumes they both offer 10% discount if you order more than 10, works out at between £3 - £5 per mini bottle, they have slightly different selections. You can also pick them up on ebay but I am a bit dubious as to whether they are real as perfume bottles aren't really sealed so there could be anything in them.....

www.justascent.co.uk

www.fragranceonline.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Anne-Marie
  • Hi Anne-Marie

Thank you so much for the website links.....

I know what you mean about e-bay......i dont think i'll use them.....

Where are you getting married???

Caroline xxx
    Hi,

No problem on website info.

We are getting married at the Capo Bay hotel in Protaras on 1st June @ 17:45.

Take Care

Anne-Marie
  • Hi Anne-Marie

How many people is there going out with you????

How are your plans coming along??????

Caroline xx
    Hi Caroline,

We have 33 people coming with us, far more than we had expected being able to make it!!!

Plans I think are going okay, bought dress, rings and my shoes. Starting having dress fittings in a couple of weeks to sort out the length to start with.

I have started sorting out wedding favors as previously mentioned as wanted to give the people that have travelled to be with us a little gift.

In the middle of sorting out suits, we had narrowed it down to a Blue or Grey Edward suit with a pale blue waistcoat and cravat but then the shop told us they have a brown and a taupe one coming in in the next 3 weeks so we are going to hold off until they arrive to see how they look (James tried a cream one yesterday and we both just fell about laughing, John Travolta eat your heart out!!!)

James's Mum and sister are off clothes shopping today and have an appointment with the personal shopper in Debenhams as I had seen some good reviews on here for the service so we will see how they get on.

Anyway enough waffling must get on with some work.

If you want to email me about your plans please feel free.

Going to London to vist friends this weekend so hope the trains are running okay.....

Anne-Marie

x-x
    Hi

I had my hair trial on Wed, it looked fab I have taken a photo really hope it can be re-created out in Cyprus. Ordered the Mens suits from Next, they look lovely. Also waiting for the bridesmaids shoes to come from Next. Just need to get H2B some flip flops, and sort favours send out invites for return party, still lots to do, but enjoying every minute of it. 97 days to go...

We fly 13th May marry 17th.

Was thinking of getting bath bombs from Lush for the womens favours, cigars for men which we got last year in Cuba. We are having crackers for name place settings which have old fashioned sweets in to.

Presents I am getting engraved photo Frame for parents from

http://www.withlovefrom.com/product-Photograph-Frame-WPF03/

Personilesed papers for H2B and best man

http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/

Bracelet and trinket boxes from past times for the bridesmaids.

Annette

[Modified by: ANNETTE on February 09, 2007 08:29 AM]

[Modified by: ANNETTE on February 09, 2007 08:30 AM]
    Hi Annette,

Oooh bath bombs from Lush, excellent idea!!!

Which suits have you gone for from Next, there were a couple in the new catalogue that I liked but james really wants the formal look (don't know why I think he will melt ..... I bet the jackets will stay on for around an hour at the most)

How are you having you hair??? Can you post the photo on here??

I am just staring to look I have found a few that I like, I am going to take the photos into my hairdresser to see if there is any way of getting my hair to look anything like them, it is getting quite long but is really fine and on all the photos I have seen all the models look like they have tonnes of hair....... the wedding hair page on the Grecian park hotel website is a great place for ideas plus I like a couple of the styles that are in the beauty section of this website.

Take Care

Anne-Marie

Think with all the things we are taking with us for the guests we won't have room for any holiday clothes!!!!

Hi Anne Marie

Must admit I'm a bit worried about packing, gonna be giving a bit to all the guests to take I think...

The suits are the informal linen ones they have them in stone or Brown we've gone for stone. The courier has just delivered the bridesmaids shoes.

Also trying to sort out some music for us to take with us for the DVD.

The picture was taken on my friends camara so unfortunately can't post it. She curled then criped it up it looked fantastic I was amazed, I have quite thick hair though.

This link has some nice styles on.

http://www.bridalhairathome.co.uk/index.htm

Take Care

Annette
  • Hi

Annette, im going to have to agree with Anne-MArie, Bath Bombs, really like that idea......Sorry might be pinching that idea.....

Anne-Marie. - I was hoping to get the mens suits sorted this weekend, but with the snow......im not sure, if we'll be going out....as we live about 30mins away from the shopping centre....we are having the suits from Next, the ones that we are having is a cream linen suit....i think it is £100 or £110 for the jacket and trousers.......they look lovely in the catalogue.....just hoping they are in real life!!!!!!!!

That made me laugh, when you said that your h2b looked like john Travolta......

It isnt funny that more people come, than you think!!!!!! why we do think that not everyone will come......we did a list and we did a rough idea of who will come and who wont come...and the ones that we wont come, are coming......

we have 29 adults and 4 children......sorry if ive already said!!!!!!!!!

How exciting having your dress fitting in the next couple of weeks, mine isnt until april.....

Hope you have a good weekend in london...

Annette, can you post a picture of your wedding hair???

I havent got a clue what i want, apart from that i want it up.....i think that i need to start looking around or start having trials at the hairdressers.....

Carolinexx

• Hi

Annette, im going to have to agree with Anne-MArie, Bath Bombs, really like that idea......Sorry might be pinching that idea.....

Anne-Marie. - I was hoping to get the mens suits sorted this weekend, but with the snow......im not sure, if we'll be going out....as we live about 30mins away from the shopping centre....we are having the suits from Next, the ones that we are having is a cream linen suit....i think it is £100 or £110 for the jacket and trousers.......they look lovely in the catalogue.....just hoping they are in real life!!!!!!!!

That made me laugh, when you said that your h2b looked like john Travolta......

It isnt funny that more people come, than you think!!!!!! why we do think that not everyone will come......we did a list and we did a rough idea of who will come and who wont come...and the ones that we wont come, are coming......

we have 29 adults and 4 children......sorry if ive already said!!!!!!!!!

How exciting having your dress fitting in the next couple of weeks, mine isnt until april.....

Hope you have a good weekend in london...

Annette, can you post a picture of your wedding hair???

I havent got a clue what i want, apart from that i want it up.....i think that i need to start looking around or start having trials at the hairdressers.....

Carolinexx

Hi Caroline

I don't have my actual picture of my hair trial but this link is were I got ideas from

http://www.bridalhairathome.co.uk/index.htm

We have ordered the suits ftom the next directory they have come and are lovely.

Annette

Hi Louise

Were are you getting married/staying??? We fly on the 13th get married 17th at Nissi Beach hotel.

Annette

Quoted:
    Hi Annette and Jo,

No, its not long. I have 109 days to go. We fly on 13th May and get married on the 21st.

I have been so stressed. Just sorted out the men's suits which is a relief. We were going to buy them but found somewhere where we can hire them for 3 weeks. I wanted the men to have jackets, but gone for trousers, shirt, wastecoat and cravat. HTB looked gorgeous when he tried it all on and I want him to be comfortable. I dont want to force him to wear a jacket.

Congrats Jo on your hair pin up and foils. I am fascinated when I have my hair in foils, I love to watch. You have to have a certain nack which I could never have.

I have been having few nightmares about my dress too. It will be here in March, I cant wait for the phone call to say it has arrived. I think it will feel more real once my actual dress is here. Bridesmaid dresses are in the process of being made. I have a 6 year old bridesmaid and going to buy her dress. Plan to look on the weekend, hope I find something.

Lou x
  • Hi, Im new to this website so please bear with me cos i dont have a clue!!

Im getting married at the adams beach in nissi bay, cyprus in october. Has anyone been married ther and got any tips for me. Any info would be greatly appreciated as i dont know where to start.!! thanx, janey17
  • Hi Everyone.

I am getting married on 31st May at Grecian Sands Hotel in Ayia Napa -

Only 108 days to Go!:\?

I fly out on the 27th May then return on the 10th June...

I am very stressed at the moment, plans are going good. Well sort of ?

In the middle of printing the evening invites, a party when I return! Trying to sort out the suit for the H2B, best man and dad, but is it being a nightmare as I cannot get them to come with me...

Then the nightmare happened yesterday.... I took one of my bridemaids to have her first fittings, as the wrong size dress came back for her last week.... I turned up yerterday after some tears that she didn't want to go.. Only to turn up to my bridal shop with a fire engine and police cars outside, as the shop had a fire the night before.. Holy s***!

My stomach was in my mouth fifteen times over....

All the ladies who works in the shop were crying telling what had happened, what could I do about it??.. Well I know what I could do to the little B*****Ds who did this fire...imageimageops: There don't realise, what they have done to us!

Half the shop has been burnt down, they have lost over 500 brides dresses + more in the damage, and they could'nt tell me if my dresses where all ok, as the police wouldn't let the girls into the shop.... I feel so sorry for the girls in the shop... I feel sick!image

I received a telephone call tonight from one of the girls telling me that two of my bridemaids dresses have been damaged in the fire, well totally melted on the floor to be honest! and they cannot tell me what the others are like, thats including my wedding dress....

My heart goes out to any other people who have dresses at the same shop as me, and also the owner of the shop and her staff memebers. AS they have been bloody marvel keeping me up to date on things..

I am going now to hit the wine and also pig out on chocolate..image Sod the diet!

Regards

Becky

Jayne Welcome to the site, you will get lots of tips on here its fantastic.

Becky I don't really know what to say apart from OH MY GOD, fingers crossed for you dress.

Annette
    Becky,

Nightmare, fingers crossed that everything gets sorted.

I suppose the only silver lining is that your wedding is still a few months away, imagine if you were due to have a last fitting and your wedding was only a couple of weeks away.

Where are you flying from and who with??? We also fly out 27th may and back on 10th June...... from manchester.

• :\)Hi

I am new to the website

I am getting married on 24/10/2006 at the Almyra Hotel paphos, at 5.00pm i am using wedding planners cyprus confetti.

I would like to hear from anyone who is getting married around october just to see how far ahed in the planning are you and the costs.

Helen