Forum home Weddings abroad

Protaras - hair/make up/florist - ideas needed!!

Hi there

we are getting married in Protaras in September 09 and I need some reccommendations for hairdressers, make up and florists or where I can prder and buy flowers from ( I used to be a florist so will have no trouble making my own bouquet). Any help or ideas would be fab!!

Ju xx

• Hi I have heard a lot of people on this site recommend a place called haircraft for hair.If you google it there is a phone number and e mail address. There is a florist in ayia napa that people have also recommended can't remeber the name though! again i think if you google florists in ayia napa it comes up it starts with an a!
  • Mrs_MikeMrs_Mike Posts: 434
    brideinpink - thanks I will look that place up and see if we can get some info image

I tihnk the florist will be Araucaria - we saw it when we were over there a couple of yrs ago in Ayia Napa

xx
  • mistreymistrey Posts: 294
    Definately I would reccommend Helen at Haircraft for your hair. She did mine and it was amazing. She is very reasonable too. She did my hair which is long, my Mum's, my witnesses and cut my sons hair, all for ???????100.
  • pompeyukpompeyuk Posts: 176
    Hi

Another hairdresser is Teresa at the Alva apartments she was at Capo Bay up until this year she can also offer a wet shave and hot towels for the men by Daryl he was at Kouzalis this year. They offer a free pick up from your hotel for you, your bridesmaids and mums.

Denise xx
    Many thanks Girls!

It's really difficult getting info as the reps only seem to recommend one person!

Mistrey - am I right in thinking you were married at Golden Coast!?

How did it go? We're a bit nervous as seen some really bad reviews on it lately image

xx
  • LAuk1LAuk1 Posts: 175
    Hi Julie, I'm also getting married in Protaras in Sep 09. You could help me with flowers cos I don't have a clue about flowers. Would quite like some bright tropical ones, but don't know the names of any! x
    Hi LA

I'm not sure what would be in season in Cyprus at that time of year but if you're going for a tropical theme - I would suggest strelitzia ( birds of paradise ) and ginger etc. you could also go for orange red or yellow roses in with them too. it would look fab with some nicec foliage.

Where are you getting married and when LA?

I'm just wondering if we are getting married same day ! LoL

xx
  • pompeyukpompeyuk Posts: 176
    Hi

There is a good florist in Pernera "Florangies" her name is Angie and she is English her phone number is 00357 23832433 when I go back to Cyprus I will get her mobile number and e-mail address for you as out of season the shop isn't open all the time or if you want to give me your number I can get her to contact you?

Denise xx
    Hi Denise

Saw Florangies when we had a quick look through in November but it was closed - did wonder how good she was and also wondered about ordering flowers through her to do my own bouquet as I was a florist until recently!

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you again on that.

Guess ur from England but live out there ?

xx