Forum home Weddings abroad

any advice for paralimni town hall, cyprus???

Hi All,

I am getting married at Paralimni town hall near protares on 28th april 2009, can anyone give any good advice or let me no if you have married there etc. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks xx

• pompeyukpompeyuk Posts: 176
    Hi Lorna

You don't say who your wedding is booked with so beware when you go to the Town Hall for your application some of the reps will put you in a taxi which will charge you ???????50-???????60 it will be cheaper to get your own taxi. I always take my brides myself as part of the service.

Paralimni Town Hall is lovely you even get to walk down the isle and you can get some lovely pictures in there. I hope you have a great day.

Denise xx
  • We have booked with thomas cook, i take it we would have to make our own way there?

Many Thanks x
    Hi Lorna

Play it by ear but don't let them rip you off, some give everybody else a bad name but they are not all bad. Are you staying in Protaras?

If I can be of any help to you please e-mail me.

Denise xx

• Hello,

No we are staying at the Dome beach hotel in nissi bay, getting married at paralimni and then having pictures somewhere on the way back to the hotel, not too sure where yet, hoping the rep will be able to give us some ideas as to where is nice. Our reception is back at the hotel.

We have booked our transport for the wedding ourselves with a local company in cyprus as they seemed cheaper than Thomas Cook. Thomas cook rep also said she will recommend me a good make-up artist for the day.

thanks xx
    Hi Lorna

The harbour at Golden Coast is nice for Pictures there is also a chapel there then there is the gardens at Ayios Elias (the little church on the hill at Protaras) that is very popular. In Ayia Napa there is the Monastry and the harbour. I don't know if you are having sunset pics but Cape Greco is a lovely spot for them.

Denise xx