Advice Please....... Oz

Hello, my OH and I had a long convo on the way home today ( 2hours worth) and are now considering getting married abroad in Australia.

Anyone planning or got married in Oz and are able to give some advice on what needs to be done?

Thanks xx

• Hi Zoe0810. I am getting married in QLD Australia on 11th April 2009. Are you an Aussie? Is your partner? Regardless, if you are living here, the first thing you need to sort out is your NOIM (Notice of Intent to Marry). This can be downloaded from the internet and needs to be witnessed a min month before, max 18 months before. We did ours in Australia in Aug, but my idiot cousin (who was going to be our minister at the time...) forgot to sign in as the witness and now we are going with a celebrant (long story - he was a junior pastor and won't qualify before April) so we had to go to the Aussie embassy to have it witnessed (£9 per signature i.e. £18). There are loads of celebrants - the Aussie website will tell you some. If you are getting married in QLD, I can make lots of suggestions for you... What else do you need to know?