what wedding favours are you having abroad? x

Hi Ladies.

Just thinking about wedding favoursl Im getting married in Cyprus and think i may take mine with me instead of buying them out there...

Is anyone else doign this?

What are you having as your favours as im assuming it will need to be something light?

Any ideas/pics would be great. x x

• EmmaC15EmmaC15 Posts: 495
    Hi,

Were getting married in Cyprus this August. Im also taking favours out there with us. I was thinking about having small jars filled with retro sweets with a personalised label on the top (confetti.co.uk do these but I'm doing my own). H2b is getting a bit concerned about the weight of our luggage now thou lol. Im also taking fans out there to put on people seats at the service. x
  • fitnessfifitnessfi Posts: 399
    Im getting married in France and thinking about having Lovehearts & a scratchcard...... Another cool idea i saw somewhere, was minature spirit bottles for the men and perfume for the ladies. Hope that helps.
  • Aawww some great ideas! Sounds really good like the purfume idea and also the fan idea.

Thanks ladies x
  • muttzy99muttzy99 Posts: 173
    Hi

We are getting married in Turkey so we are having these

They are a lucky chram to ward off evil.

We are putting them in these

For the men we are getting scratch cards
  • smwallsmwall Posts: 583
    We are getting married in Slovenia and are thinking of minature sparkling wine for the ladies and cigars for the men. But think we are going to cheat with getting them over there are send them to the hotel or wedding planner via UPS! what about giving people lottery tickets they would be light?
  • We are getting married in Cyprus in June this year, and so far we are taking quite a few things out with us so am a bit restricted in our luggage. For our wedding favours we're taking out organza bags and filling them with wrapped mints that have a message on them saying thank you for sharing our special day, we may also put in a scratch card aswell. That's for the adults and for the kids I will just fill the bags with kiddy sweets I think. It's difficult trying to find things that don't take up too much room in your suitcase and that don't weigh loads!
  • We are getting married in Cyprus in June this year, and so far we are taking quite a few things out with us so am a bit restricted in our luggage. For our wedding favours we're taking out organza bags and filling them with wrapped mints that have a message on them saying thank you for sharing our special day, we may also put in a scratch card aswell. That's for the adults and for the kids I will just fill the bags with kiddy sweets I think. It's difficult trying to find things that don't take up too much room in your suitcase and that don't weigh loads!
  • tasha 1982,, hiya I love the idea of your mints, where did you get them from, we getting married in oct 09 in dom republic, so again its stuff that dosent weigh a ton,xx
  • These are really good ideas. Thanks girls x
  • bella32ukbella32uk Posts: 281
    Hi,

We are taking sugared almonds as these are traditional Cypriot wedding favours, i am also trying to find out if there are any other traditional gifts that i could use. When my sister married in Rhodes she gave mini lovehearts, mini suncream, mini ouzo and scented candles. We also go on holiday to Cyprus this year and i was thinkings about purchasing some Cypriot keyrings (leather sandal ones/flip flops)

Nicola xx
  • We get married in Italy at the beginning of Aug. Im providing fans before the wedding ceremony. Bottle opener keyrings for the men and love heart compacts for the women. Activity packs for the kids. We're also putting together welcome packs for when the guests arrive, Juicy Tubes for the women (got a great deal on ebay), mini aftershaves for the men, pizza cutters and other little bits i havent thought of yet! All these bits could be used as wedding favours tho.

• Hi,

I am also getting married in Italy and I was planning on giving scatchcards and little bottles of brandy or limoncello. I like the idea of fans though too as it is going to be very hot out there.

Mandabel - where have you got your fans from?

Ali

• Hi

we are also going to get married in Italy, in Orvieto, the town where I was born image

also thinking about fans, OOT bags (with personalized water bottles, candies and chips, map of the town, set of postcards...still thinking about it)

After brainstorming a lot, we decided that our favors will be CDs (2 version: romantic/classic and rock-y)...and color pencils for the children.

We will try to make all the custom ourselves, probably the fans will be ordered from oversea/ebay.

Good to share ideas...more will follow I am sure!

ciao

Elisa

• happytimesukhappytimesuk Posts: 4,074
    I am making my order of service into fans.

I hace made the ladies a swarovski heart necklace as a favour, in a little bag with a lipgloss, a molton brown mini (deal off ebay) and a sparkler. The men- a LUSH mens soap, armarni aftershave, and a sparkler.

I am also doing welcome pack with mints, map of earea, foot lotion, keyrings, paracetamol, mouthwash, bouncy balls for the kids, eyeshadow, nailvarnish and playing cards. xx
  • sjd1uksjd1uk Posts: 109
    hi happy times,

just wondering were you got you minis from and the aftershave and how much they cost if you dont mind me asking? Also your getting married in cyprus arent you/ how are you taking the minis and sparklers etc over?

Sorry so many questions, where did you get your fans from hun and how are you doing your order of service onto them.

thank you!!! xx
    Hey sjd1!

Yes I am getting married in cyprus! Firstly - the molton brown minis were on ebay -I have had a look and cant find them....but if you keep checking - type in 'molton brown samples' or 'minis' and search in wholesale/job lots, I emailed some of the sellers to see if they had more if they were selling say 10.

The aftershave was from ebay too......I got these but I payed £7.99 for 20 I think! It was a while ago. You could email him and he might do a deal.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARMANI-SAMPLES-AFTERSHAVE-VIALS-CODE-WEDDING-FAVOUR_W0QQitemZ350149428161QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP?hash=item350149428161&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1298|66:1|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Re the fans.....I am making them....have done a template on word....printing it on ivory card, and have bought wooden handles from ebay (USA). Then tieing a ribbon around handle, similar to this BUT NO PHOTOS!!!

I am posting the welcome packs and favours plus other things like confetti petals etc over to my wedding planner (kerry) before the wedding.

xx
    gosh!!! you are a genius!!! thank you for that! i have kerry as my planner too! how are you seding them and what is it costing if you dont mind me asking?

what do you put on your order of service! fairly obvious i know!! what are you putting your confetti in! i love talking to cyprus brides!!!! where do you get married? xx
    Hey!! Im just gonna put everthing in a big box, I have no idea how much it will cost but I know I def can't fit everything in our suitcases!! Itl prob be quite expensive....but I'll just have to pay it- 2nd class.

I have made confetti cones for the confetti (also going in the box!!) - really easy - out of mulberry paper.

If you email me I will send you the template for the fans if you want?

The venue: Nissi beach - 26th May. And you?

Only 136 days left!! xx
    aw thank you!!

wow nissi beach me too!!!!! im so excited!! we get married 3rd july! really cant wait! have you booked the rondavel?

My email is [email protected]

thanks hun!! xx
    Have mailed you hun! x
  • Hi im getting married in cyprus in June, and for favours ive got the lttle mini tubes of love hearts and to put them in ive found these little tins in the shape of suitcases and they are personilised with our names and dates and they say "thanks for making the trip" i just thought they were cute!!
    I saw those jillybean, they were really expensive though? I could only find them cheap in America ...but with the shipping.......

I loved them though, and considered making them at one point! x
  • Ruby2ukRuby2uk Posts: 593
    Hello Jillybean,

where did you get your suitcases from? We've seen a few online but they seem to be so expensive!

Thanks,

Ruby

x x
  • Hi, I've had wine charms made with swarovski beads and personalised with our names and the date of wedding. (They're great because they don't weight much).

I wanted to get the mini alcohol favours but I'm worried about travelling with them so i've decided on Personalised Lip balms for the ladies and mint tins for the gents.

Jillybean, love the suitcase idea where are they from?
  • I love google and I am not patient...found this link

http://www.creative-bride.com/KA14031-miles-of-memories-favors.htm

but if you google "suitcase favors" and go to the shopping page you find tons of stuff...

have funimage
  • EmmaC15EmmaC15 Posts: 495
    We got our fans from ebay. The below seller, if its of any use to you guys.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/JIMBOBJOBLOTS-WHOLESALE
  • Hey happy times

Love, love love your fan idea!!!

Could you please email me the template?

My address is [email protected]
  • wedukweduk Posts: 10
    Hi Georgina,

There is a shop in Cyprus that specializes in Wedding Favours and has a wide range of unusual and very nice favours..

their website is www.GoodandSmart.com

they are based in Nicosia, Cyprus

Good luck
  • Weduk..

Thanks so much ill have a quick look on there.

Thanks you x
  • Hi Happy times and Sjd1, I am getting married at Nissi Beach on the 12th October this year and don't really knw here to start, Sending things out i a box is a brilliant idea. I am not to sure ehat I am meant to be doing image any help would be good xxx