Forum home Weddings abroad

Blessing after wedding abroad

Hi everyone

I am new to this site and need help.

I am getting married in Cuba on the 21st April 2008 and am thinking of having a blessing for all our family and friends. However, i have not got a clue where to start.

Do we have to have a blessing in a church or is there a way around this??? Think i may have heard of a non-religous blessing but not too sure.

Is there anyone else having a blessing once they return home and any tips.

• jaynekukjaynekuk Posts: 2,893
    hi.

me and my hubby had a blessing last november. We got married here in Derby though not abroad in the local register office. It can be as religious as you like. We chose a church in our local parish what i had attended before and my cousin got married in too.

I had the works,the dress, the bridesmaids,a limo,everything that i didnt have when i got married. So it can be just what you and your hubby want really, a big do or a little intimate occasion.

All the best,love jayne.x :\)
  • hello.

we are having a blessing when we return from our wedding in the dominican republic at the end of march ; we are having it performed by a minister at our reception in a marquee , You dont need to have it done in a church, I will be wearing my dress and we are having extra bridesmaids too. good luck love jayneyboo x

• Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your help.

I am too having a reception in a marquee, which means i can have it all done at the same venue. I want the whole lot so will get the chance to wear my dress again, pick a few bridesmaids and if i can get h2b to agree the horse drawn carriage too:\)

Karen xx
  • Can you please let me know how you arranged your blessings? I haven't the foggiest where to start! Will all priests perform them? x