Wedding in South Africa

We are thinking of getting married in one of the lodges in the Kruger National Park area. Has anyone else done this, and was it a good experience? Also, who did you organise it through?

• Weddings in the Kruger are gorgeous but very expensive if they know you are English and doing it as a tourist. Not sure who you would organise it thru but I'd phone the park themslves, there are many areas in the Kruger (its the size of Wales) and some are more excusive than others, Also the scenery changes greatly and it has it's on micro climates so it's best to do some 'research'. I'm getting married in SA next yr (I hail from SA origionally)- have been to a wedding in the Kruger however and it was lovely, but resources are limited- florists photogrpahers etc- you would be paying a premium to get anyone to travel.

Good luck!!!
  • Weddings in the Kruger are gorgeous but very expensive if they know you are English and doing it as a tourist. Not sure who you would organise it thru but I'd phone the park themslves, there are many areas in the Kruger (its the size of Wales) and some are more excusive than others, Also the scenery changes greatly and it has it's on micro climates so it's best to do some 'research'. I'm getting married in SA next yr (I hail from SA origionally)- have been to a wedding in the Kruger however and it was lovely, but resources are limited- florists photogrpahers etc- you would be paying a premium to get anyone to travel.

Good luck!!!
  • Quoted:
    We are thinking of getting married in one of the lodges in the Kruger National Park area. Has anyone else done this, and was it a good experience? Also, who did you organise it through?

Hi There,

Just saw your quote, and just thought I'd let you know that Virgin Hols arrange Weddings in South Africa.

I am a Personal Holiday Advisor so if you would like me to look into for you please let me know.

Cheers
  • I've just come back from SA and have some good literature (not internet stuff i can send) email address is [email protected] mail me can forward u stuff-my mom organises loads of weddings so if u want safari and are willing to bend from the kruger can give u a few tips. cathy
  • Just to say thank you all for the information you have provided - it was all good stuff. We have actually now booked to have our wedding in Cuba instead in July.