Affidavit for Cyprus Wedding

Hi

I need to get an Affidavit for my wedding in Cyprus in June. Can anyone tell me if just a normal solicitor can sign this??? As one place I rang said I may need a notery to sign it.

If a normal solicitor can sign this that's great as they will only charge me £5.

Thanks

• beachyboobeachyboo Posts: 190
    Hey hun, yeah a normal solicitor is fine, the just need to sign and stamp it and £5 is the regular charge

hth

• aj983aj983 Posts: 25
    i was quoted £69 for my solicitor to sign and stamp my affidavit!! im being stung image
  • LydiamiLydiami Posts: 28
    any solicitor can sign it. we prepared ours ourselves then had the solicitors sign and stamp it. they also need to attach a business card. we were charged £5 each for ours. apparently there are guidelines with regard to how much they can charge you for this service. x
  • beachyboobeachyboo Posts: 190
    aj dont pay it!! like Lydiami says there are guidelines set down and they aren't allowed to charge more than £5,my solicitor is doing mine for free she said its no work at all you typr it out yourself they literally just have to spend 5 seconds signing and stamping it

• Hi!

I'm getting married in Cyprus in June too, the 8th

It should be £5 to sign & Stamp, I have been sent a sample affidavit from one of the lovely ladies on here and mailed a copy to the registrar in Cyprus and it is exactly what they need, so fingers crossed all sorted

Not sure how I send it to you though?? I am new to this site!

Where are you getting married?
  • linzi108linzi108 Posts: 403
    Emily B2B, would you mind sending me a copy of that please? I've mailed you with my email address in case it won't let you do it from my post.

• Emily b2b did you email or post copy to registrar to check?? i have typed my own up from a copy given from thomas cook.
  • hi ladies im getting mine done tomorrow and only paying £5 each, i have a sample one sent from the registrar in cyprus if anyone needs a example message me your email address and il send it to you

xx
  • HAMPSON1HAMPSON1 Posts: 106
    Hi cyprusrose,

Would i be able to have a copy please?

Ive heard if the solicitor has to type it up themselves it can be more the £200!!!!!!

I dont know how true this is but i dont want to chance it!

Thanks

Nicola x

[email protected]
  • vicki2323vicki2323 Posts: 2,451
    prnted one out from here that a kind lady posted and it didn't cost me anything for my solicitor to sign and stamp it for us.
  • Quoted:
    hi ladies im getting mine done tomorrow and only paying £5 each, i have a sample one sent from the registrar in cyprus if anyone needs a example message me your email address and il send it to you

xx

Hi Cyprusrose,

Will you please send me the example

[email protected]

Thanks!
  • DeeDee82ukDeeDee82uk Posts: 113
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    hi ladies im getting mine done tomorrow and only paying £5 each, i have a sample one sent from the registrar in cyprus if anyone needs a example message me your email address and il send it to you

xx

Hi Cyprusrose,

Will you please send me the example

[email protected]

Thanks!

Can you send me a copy too:

[email protected]

• HI ladies,

glad i just read this page as i had been quoted £30 each! i will shop aroundn untiln i find a solictor who will do it for £5!
  • SapnaukSapnauk Posts: 16
    Hi Please can you send me a copy too please!

[email protected]
  • Quoted:

xx

Hi!

Would you mind sending that to me aswell please:

[email protected]

Thanks Nat.x
  • Quoted:

xx

Hi,

would you be able to forward me a copy too....

[email protected]

Thanks!! x
  • Hi Ladies

I was wondering if someone could send me a copy too please my email address is [email protected]

I have been quoted £85 each to have it done.

What type of solicittor needs to do it?

Does anyone know the wording if you are adopted and have been married before?

Thanks in advance

L xx
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:

xx

Hi!

Would you mind sending that to me aswell please:

[email protected]

Thanks Nat.x

Hi

Just wondered if you would mind sending me a copy of the affidavit.

We are getting married at Nissi Beach Hotel in Otober.

[email protected]

Many Thanks

• LeckyukLeckyuk Posts: 1
    Hi, would you mind please sending me a copy too. thanks. [email protected]
  • please could you send me a copy of the affidavit my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks xx
  • Hi

Can I have a copy please

[email protected]

Thank you

Lorna:\)
  • graemenjograemenjo Posts: 228
    Hi ladies

I'm sure my planner said it had to be on the solicitors letter headed paper! is that true?

Jo
  • Hi CyprusRose would you also be able to send me a copy of the affidavit please. My email is [email protected]

Thanx!

• Hi

I would really appreciate a copy of the affidavit, didn't know where to start with it!

My email is [email protected]

Many thanks

Kirsten x x
  • NatalieBHNatalieBH Posts: 11
    It would be great if I too could please be sent a copy of the Affidavid.

My email address is: [email protected]

And does this need to be on the solicitor-headed paper??

Thanks very much! :\)
  • Hi Girls

We went last week to have our Affidavid sworn. We are using Kerry from the Aisle of love she emailed us the template which we filled in and took to the solicitor it cost us £5 each and took no more than 5 minutes, it doesn;t have to be on headed paper but does need a business card attached. Hope this helps, I have the template too if anyone needs it.

• Quoted:
    Quoted:

xx

Hi,

would you be able to forward me a copy too....

[email protected]

Thanks!! x

Please could you email me a copy.

[email protected]

Thanks
  • Gilzy7Gilzy7 Posts: 59
    Hi Ladies,

Would someone be able to forward me a copy too. Thanks

[email protected]
  • lisakayuklisakayuk Posts: 67
    Hi. I was told i would have to pay £80! Pretty please can you email me a copy? [email protected]

Thanks!
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:

xx

Hi,

would you be able to forward me a copy too please.

My email address is: [email protected]

Many thanks

Sarah x