Ayia Napa/Protaras Wedding Hotels

Hi Ladies

My H2B and I were hoping to get over to Cyprus in April to look around the Grecian Sands before we commit to booking it. Now it looks as though we wont be ablet o make it after all. Do you think its risky to book something without checking it out first ??

Was also going to meet up with some wedding package companies to see examples of their flowers, photos etc.

Am abit worried about booking the hotel when there may be other beautiful ones out here which I just haven't though of, or the flowers and photos being hideous because I haven't checked them out...

Is anyone else getting married in the Protaras/Ayia Napa Hotels ? If so which ones and what wedding packages companies have you gone through ????

• vickiexxvickiexx Posts: 273
    Adams beach in Nissi Bay, we've gone through Thomas Cook. I 've never even been to cyprus!! but I'm having faith!!

• MUMMYAMUMMYA Posts: 557
    I've never been to Cyprus neither, and I've chosen Nissi Beach Hotel Nissi Bay. I haven't heard a bad word said about the hotel or resort X
  • me and H2B went to cyprus for a holiday when we first met, we stayed at the Adams beach hotel and thought it was lovely.HAd a great holiday and had no complaints. The beach is beautiful and your a short cab drive from Ayia Napas centre. Nissi beach is next door which is very nice to.I'm sure your'll have a fab time, our holiday there was so good that he brought me an engagement ring from there and we've never looked back! x
  • amblayamblay Posts: 93
    hi

were getting married in the golden coast hotel, protaras. my brother got married there and its supposed to be fantastic ( i couldnt go as was pregnant:cryimage

we have booked with a company called medweds who've been great!!

hope this helps

sonja
  • HI, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW YOU GO ABOUT ARRANGING TO GET MARRIED ABROAD, AND WHO IT'S BEST TO BOOK WITH
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    Hi...

I'm already married and we chose the Grecian Park hotel...which was amazing...so beautiful and private.

Anyway we booked out package through First Choice who we booked with, but I orgainised for a company to produce a DVD of the day for us...who we were recommended by other brides that had married in the Protaras/Ayia Napa area.

We weren't dissappointed they were absolutly fab...and so so happy with the DVD, was a great pressie for the oldies who couldn't get out there to be with us.

The company is called Still Productions and run by a lovely English couple Jill and Steve.

Here is the email address...when I emailed them they sent out a demo of there work so we could see what they did, after seeing this we booked straight away image with them.

[email protected]

You can choose your own music too for the DVD which makes it really personal too, if I could recommend that you do one thing is to get a DVD done of your day...it goes so fast and you see loads that you miss also.

Debs x

P.S...One more tip...if you can have some photos done at sunset...at Cape Grecko...they look fantastic.

P.P.S.. If anyone has any questions please feel free ask.

• MUMMYAMUMMYA Posts: 557
    Hi Debbie

Nice to see you still checking in. Any joy with selling your dress yet?

Do you know of any good restuarants in Nissi Bay area we could use for our reception?

Annette
  • HI Sarah Jane

I have booked my wedding at the Grecian Sands for this June. I have never stayed at the hotel but have read a lot of good reviews for having a wedding here. So i suppose im just taking a chance, but I have been in touch with the hotel manager who was very helpful.

Im getting married on the sea view deck, i booked it through Firsct Choice.

Any other questions let me know..!!
  • Thanks Anna

What are you doing for after the ceremony and what time are you getting married ?

I've had an email off the manager inviting us to come and have a look so we may well do that, i'm happy just to book on everyone else's advice but my H2B wants to see it first which is fair enough.

Did you book your wedding package through Frist Choice as well ?
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    Hi Annette...

Yep...I'm still lurking around, its hard to leave..espes reading everyones plans, it's nice to help out so I check in every now and then.

I had a girl yesterday come and look at the dress she loved it and may come back with mum, and another viewing on Thursday...it will be sad to see it go!!

Sorry I don't know any resturants around nissi bay...soz I can't help with that one.

Luv Debs
  • Hi Sarah,

Yes everything is booked through Firsct Choice. We are getting married at 11:30. We are not sure what we are doing after the ceromony, was thinking about having a bbq after in the wedding pavillion, but it depends on how many guests we have. At the moment we have a definate 20..

When you looking at foing out there...??

Anna x

• Quoted:
    Hi Sarah,

Yes everything is booked through Firsct Choice. We are getting married at 11:30. We are not sure what we are doing after the ceromony, was thinking about having a bbq after in the wedding pavillion, but it depends on how many guests we have. At the moment we have a definate 20..

When you looking at foing out there...??

Anna x

Hi Anna

We are looking at visiting in April and then the wedding will be June 08, just want to book something now as it'll seem more real then.

Sarah