Forum home Weddings abroad

Las Vegas Legal Requirements/Documents etc..

Please could someone confirm what documents I need to get married in Las Vegas and whether or not I have to give notice in the UK.

I'm not booking through a travel agent and so I've got to do all the research myself. I have looked at loads of websites but get conflicting information.

* Affidavit/Confirmation of Single Status

* Birth Certificate

* Certificate of No Impediment

So, if you got married in Vegas please help and advise what I need to have.

Many thanks

Louise X


  • We're getting married in Dominican and found the info on the embassy website. We have to have ours approved by the British commonwealth and by the Dominican Embassy so best check both websites.

    C x
  • HI there,

    Here is some information I have copied from the wedding chapel where I am getting married in 08. I dont think its too much to worry about unlike getting married in some other countries...

    Nevada Marriage License Legal Requirements

    There is no blood test or waiting period in Nevada. You must obtain your license from the Regional Justice Center at 201 Clark Ave. Both parties must appear in person with proof of identity and age (driver's license, passport, etc.). The fee is $55.00 (cash only), and you will receive the license immediately. A marriage license is valid for one year after it is issued.

    Minimum Age

    In Clark County, the minimum age for both men and women to be married without parental consent is 18. Proof of age, such as a birth certificate, passport, or driver's license may be required. Persons between the ages of 16 and 18 may be married with the consent of a parent or guardian. Proof of age is necessary and proof of identity of person or persons giving consent may also be required. A legal guardian must provide proof of appointment by the court. If a parent or guardian are not present, a notarized affidavit stating name, age, place of birth and relationship of person(s) giving consent. For persons under the age of 16, a Nevada Court Order must be obtained.


    Divorce papers are not required for a remarriage in Nevada. You will be required to sign on your license application that you are legally divorced. A divorce granted in another state must be final in the state in which it was granted.

    Marriage License Bureau at the NEW Regional Justice Center

    Hours: 8:00AM to Midnight every day of the year, holidays included

    Location: 201 Clark Avenue (see map below)

    If you are going north on Las Vegas Blvd., turn left on Clark Ave. The Regional Justice Center is on the northwest corner of Clark Ave. and Third St.

    License Bureau Phone Number: (702) 671-0600

    Click here to download the forms you need to get your marriage license.

    Map to Regional Justice Center (on Clark Avenue and 3rd St.)

    Obtain a Certified Copy

    If you are already married, and just need to obtain a certified copy of your marriage license, click here for a form to obtain one. After you have printed out the from, click the "Back" button on your browser.
  • bride1bride1 Posts: 1,664

    i got married in vegas in july all you need is your passport.

    go to the office see above post. just get in a taxi and tell them where you want to go. you have to have the $55 in cash.

    at the entrance there are the forms and pencils. fill in and take to the desk. they process and make sure there are no spelling mistakes and there you go all done. takes about 15 mins

  • Thanx for all your replies guys - everything seems so much clearer when someone that's already done it knows what to advise.

    kel2 - what do I do about registering the marriage when I get back to the UK. Is it just a case of getting a copy of the license and taking to the registry office?

    Louise X
  • Hi Louise....

    Me and h2b are going to las vegas in october of this year and we had the exact same questions.

    I was wondering also about registering the marriage over here, especially when I read this quote from the Nevada County Clerk Office...

    "In Nevada, the Marriage License and Marriage Certificate will reflect your

    names as submitted. The Marriage Bureau does not enter the new last name

    of the bride or make name changes. You will need to check with the

    Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security or legal offices in the state

    or country you reside in for further instructions if you wish to change your

    name to your new married name."

  • bride1bride1 Posts: 1,664

    you dont need to do anything when you get back to register wedding .

    all you need to change bank etc is your wedding certificate. you can order more for around $10, you get these forms when you get your licence in vegas

  • hi there - we did this in September, and it's really easy - you turn up at the Marriage Licence Bureau with your passports and $55 cash. And that's it! [Unless either of you are divorced - see the Marriage Licence Bureau of Las Vegas website in this case as you'll need more paperwork:]

    You'll be given a form when you pick up your marriage licence to apply for your wedding certificate (it costs $10 and can be applied for 10 days after your wedding). The marriage is recognised worldwide, and you don't need to let any of the authorities know when you get back unless you're changing your name - in which case you need to let banks etc know.

    Have fun!

    P.S you might also find this Las Vegas Wedding FAQ useful
Sign In or Register to comment.