stress over affridavit is this ok

HI , I keep stressing about this affridavit , I went on the paphos post forum and someone sent me this told me to just type it up ( wich i have ) and this is what it looked like (below ) if anyone has done this already and has already been to cyprus to be wed or on there way, and have got there affeidavit already can you take a look at it for me please to see if you think it is ok and ready to take to a solicitors to sign thanks a lot if anyone takes the troble to check for me

AFFIDDAVIT

(FOR BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDERS)

My full name is .................................and I reside at ..................

.........................................................................................

My nationality is .............................................

My Passport number is ...........................date issued ..................

My religion is................................................

I ............................do declare that I am single / divorced / widowed

And now free of any bond of engagement or marriage and can lawfully enter

Into this my first / second marriage

......................................................declarant's signature

Declared this. Date ..............................

At. ...................................................Solicitor's address

Before me ..........................................Solicitor's name

......................................................Solicitor's signature &Solicitor's company stamp

I make this solemn conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declaration Act 1835

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• loubukloubuk Posts: 23
    Hi Sammys,

I'm not sure that i can confirm this is right for you but it looks almost the same as the one we had written up by our solicitor. The only thing i woud say is that you should loose the options, so rather than having single/divorced/widowed you need to just type in the bit that is right for you as they dont like things crossed out apparently. It needs to be a concise statement.

Hope this is a help. We had both of our written up and we were sworn on the affidavid for £50 for both of us which was helpful as i wouldnt have known what to do otherwise image

Good Luck

Loub
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    If you are marrying in Cyprus .. above will be fine.

We typed ours out phoned a solicitor..who said they would sign them as well as seeing our passports.

This cost us £5 each. We sent the photocopies to First Choice who said that they were fine and when we produced the in Cyprus they were OK.

We married in Sept 06, so I'm sure nothing will have changed since then.

Debs x
  • luuk1luuk1 Posts: 47
    hi sammys

im also getting married in cyprus and that looks pretty similar to the example we were sent by our travel agents.

L x
  • sammyuksammyuk Posts: 143
    hi, thanks everyone for your replys i have saved the copy i made and will just delete the widowed /devoriced bit just to be one the safe side this is a great help , thanks a lot everyone

getting excited now it's it's nearly into march only 86 days to go.

I have been with my partner belive it or not for 25 years on 2nd March fist time married for us both of course , no kids , this could have been our silver wedding anaversary rather than our wedding day , dont know what took us so long . oh! well it's nearly hear now