Forum home Weddings abroad

Hen Nights...

...I know this is not strictly a Weddings Abroad topic, but I am trying to plan my hen night for next year & whilst I only have a small party of friends coming with me to the wedding in Greece I obviously don't want to be asking them to shell out a fortune on a hen night just before we fly out on holiday/to the wedding.

Any ideas, or what did you all do?

Cheers

C:\?

• trazzeruktrazzeruk Posts: 124
    Hi, Ive just got back from Dublin on mine and it was brill, we only paid £60 for the flight.

xxxxxx
  • I was thinking the same.

I fancy a spa night in a hotel. Went to one with my h2b recently and it only cost 70 for a treatment, bed and breakfast and evening meal.

And we used the spa facilities after breakfast the next day before we went home.

Only problem was, i fell asleep in the hotel by ten o clock as i was so relaxed after my massage!

H2b not overly impressed!

xx
  • Quoted:
    ...I know this is not strictly a Weddings Abroad topic, but I am trying to plan my hen night for next year & whilst I only have a small party of friends coming with me to the wedding in Greece I obviously don't want to be asking them to shell out a fortune on a hen night just before we fly out on holiday/to the wedding.

Any ideas, or what did you all do?

Cheers

C:\?

I feel exactly the same, and therefore my hen night will be in my home town. Going for a chocolate tasting party in the afternoon, then dinner and cocktails. I'm not a 'spa' person and although I'd have loved a weekend away somewhere it's not fair to ask people to pay for that as well as the wedding. Hopefully this way lots of people will be able to come.
  • LCbride2beLCbride2be Posts: 445
    Im havin one at home with all the family then headin to fungirolia for the weekend with the girls.
  • EroydsjonesEroydsjones Posts: 290
    I am trying to sort mine out at the moment. The problem I have is that two of my BM's are going abroad for their sis's hen weekends within weeks of each other and so I can't expect them to fork out a lot of money. I fancy going into London maybe starting at Harvey Nicks or Claridges for Champagne and then onto a nice meal somewhere. We live so close to London it also means that we don't have to stay in London. THe problem I have is i have no idea where to go for dinner. Any ideas would be welcome.
  • ElSebukElSebuk Posts: 842
    Mine is going to be just after my 30th bday so it's a double whammy of not wanting to put pressure on people to spend too much. Think will go for meal & drinks with everyone for bday, then a spa break with my sis (& moh) and poss other girls who may be up for it, and then just a girly night with loads of cocktails etc for my hen do. Trying to keep it a bit special but also relatively inexpensive for my friends. It is really tough though.
  • Cassie1978Cassie1978 Posts: 1,732
    It's the cost thing that I am trying to think about, plus wanting to do something a bit dofferent to a normal weekend, I was looking at some log cabin's up here in Scotland & also spa weekends....so much choice!
  • danielwaddanielwad Posts: 224
    I currently live in Kuwait and we are getting married in North Cyprus next year. I know what you mean about money. It is alot to ask people to pay for a wedding abroad and to pay to go away for the weekend before the wedding. Plus I will not be in the UK anyhow.

I am not sure how many people exactly will be coming to the wedding but I think most of my closest friends will defo be there, I am going to have a hen night in Cyprus 5 days before the wedding, not sure exactly what we'll do but what more could you ask for sun, sea and sand.

I am also a big believer of it doesn't matter where you are its who your with. Why not organise a sleepover, order pizza, buy lots of wine and get an Ann Summer rep to come over or book a stripper. You will have an ace time and it will be very cheap. x x Also aske your bridesmaids to help, thats their job. x x
  • navymishnavymish Posts: 25
    haha oh my god Helen!!! It's Michelle McGowan!!!!

What date are you getting married? I'm getting married in Ayia Napa in August next year!!! haha I seen some of your plans on facebook have you asked Carly to be a bridesmaid??? What a small world lol. Nice shark pics by the way xxximage
  • My friends are organising it and they won't tell me what they are planning. All I know (guess) is that we will be staying local(ish) and it will be whole day event. Something during the day and something else in the evening. I'll tell you all about it after the 9th May...

• I totally agree with you all regarding keeping the cost's down! We are getting married in Sorrento this Aug and really worry about the cost of the holiday for our guests - it's not cheap out there!!

For my Hen Party, My sister and I did loads of research and eventually found a local restaurant who have a stunning marquee at the back.

We immediately hired it and on June 27th this year, we will be enjoying a Hollywood Glamour evening - complete with Red carpet, photographers, Semi-naked butlers, Illusionists, Female Impersonator, disco, a fabulous meal, some champagne and pink cocktails!! Woo-hoo!!!

After hours and hours of research and finding the best, yet cheapest entertainment, the price per person for my hen night is just £40 each! That includes all of the above and transport.

Awesome! There are 80 girls coming though..... I have a huge family and had quite a few jobs!!! Ha-ha!

Em x
  • Em Rees

Where are you based this sounds fabulous? Do you have a weblink for the orgainsiers site?

Cheers

Russ
  • I had the same dilemma so we settled on a day/evening out in London, We are doing the Vinopolis hen party (£40) followed by dinner at Piccolinos on Heddon Street which is the most chilled italian brasserie with amazing food and its right next to the Absolut Vodka Ice Bar if the fancy takes us. I really wanted to go to Gordon Ramsay Maze Grill but they don't take bookings over 8 people. Have been to Piccolinos before so know it will be fantastic! x
  • corinnekjcorinnekj Posts: 31
    Hi cassie, I too am afraid of asking too much to pay for hen night so I an organising a day at the races at a racecourse that has got entertainment event on. I am looking to go to York races where they have got X factor finalists performing. There are others go to Race-Courses.co.uk and click on A-Z Racecourse list. From there you can get names of all courses in your travelling limits and then on each course website you can see race calander fixtures and events. Then we are coming back to a local pub that has live entertainment on which I am having decorated and possibly some kind of supper like bacon butties. Want to please everyone but it is my hen night. Cost will be about £45 FOR WHOLE DAY PLUS SPENDS.

Hope you think of something if you dont fancy that, Races are fab. x
  • corinnekjcorinnekj Posts: 31
    em rees your night sound fab. Has the restaurant organised the hollywood red carpet night or yourselves. How did you manageit only to be £40

abroad bride