Forum home Weddings abroad

Recommended Wedding Organiser - Paphos -

Hey all,

Can anyone of you please tell me who you are using or have used to help organise your wedding in Paphos.

H2b and I are looking to get married June 2010 at Ayia Kyriaki Church in Paphos then sort out a reception???!!!

If anybody knows of a fab wedding planner I would love to know about them. I have been in touch with Mandy from I Do weddings.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated girls!

Thanks! xxx

[Modified by: ButterflyRobin on 30 April 2009 11:47:11 ]

• arrybellaarrybella Posts: 42
    Hiya

We are also getting married in June 2010 in Paphos - i researched and emailed so many different wedding planners/tour operators and in the end we decided to go with Paphos Prestige Weddings. Ruth has replied to my emails so quickly and has been so helpful right from the start. We are then just going to book our holiday in a few moinths when the brochures are out!

xxxx
  • camillarose1camillarose1 Posts: 6,254
    Hi bella1984,

Thanks for replying, what is your date and where are you getting married?

• nanauknanauk Posts: 990
    Hi,

We got married last June in Paphos and we used Heather from I DO . We had a civil ceremony in Yeuroskipou and a church ceremony in Ayia Kyriaki , 2 beautiful venues. We had our reception in Romanticas Restaurant which was for 35 and was just perfect for us . Any questions I am happy to help if I can.

am
    Hi annamaria,

we are having or wanting to have our ceremony at the same church you had. do you have to have a civil beforehand? if so can you choose where?

Which package did you opt for?

xx
    Hi , we had to have a civil ceremony as we were having a Catholic ceremony in Ayia Kyriaki , is yours an Anglican ceremony if so you don't need the civil ceremony.

We chose the 2nd package not sure if it is the same as last years .

am
    Our is anglican.

We are going to opt for the 2nd package also if we go with them. Just I would want to alter a few things.

What car did you have that came in the package if you dont mind me asking x
    They are very nice people and I am sure I altered bits and pieces can't think of hand now what ! It was a white mercedes with a lovely lady called Sally driving it . We also hired a bus to take everyone to Romanticas from the church.
    I have been liasing with Mandy there. She's been real helpful but cant help thinking constantly she just wants the business as been a tad short with me on emails and has told me twice in the same email to book time and date before she will give me recpetion ideas?! hmmmm

Im thinking of a vintage car but not sure if theres much point if only going to be couple of miles max x
    I don't think I had any dealings with Mandy but I did speak to Igor, Heather and Yana through email and by phone and they were all very nice . I suppose once you book your date everything else sort of falls into place . Where are you staying , we were in apartments not 5 mins from our reception venue less than 10 mins from the church. It is quite a small place . We got the driver to take us down to the harbour for some photos while our guests headed to the restaurant which was nice and gave us a bit of time to ourselves .
    We haven' decided on where to stay yet. The first week we will have our 4yr old with us, the 2nd week we'll be on our own so really dont know.

We may book one place for a week then another for the 2nd. Any recommendations?
    We had our 4 year old also and spent 2 weeks in Limnaria gardens which we found perfectly situated within walking distance of shops , restaurants and the harbour . my sil had her 6 kids with her and they were in the other end of the town and had quite a distance to walk. My bil and his family were in the Kefalos Beach village . We were spread out all over Paphos .
    My future in laws can apparantly get real good rates at the Kefalos so i'll find out about that one for family with children. thank you x
    You should check out trip advisor for reviews . Are you hoping to stay in a hotel or apartment ?

Sorry have to log off and get ready for work now , will check in later.

am
    Well ideally h2b and i would like to stay somewhere a little upmarket. my parents will be taking little one back with them after a week or so to give us some time alone lol.

Oh, wat kind of music did you have at the church annamaria? x