H2B wear for beach wedding

Hi

I'm getting married on the beach, and was wondering what H2B will wear, I don't like him in a suit and it will be too hot and humid for it. I was thinking about a white linen shirt and beige trousers or long shorts, but then he might look odd nxt to me in my white dress in the photo's and also my family are flying out so not sure what they should wear either?

Anybody else got the same problem?

Kerry

• KristyukKristyuk Posts: 897
    Hi Kerry,

My partner and I planning to get married in Mauritius and were thinking he could wear a white, collared long sleeved shirt (but a light one, not a heavy business one if you know what I mean) and light beige trousers. No jacket. I will be wearing a white dress, but not a traditional wedding one, more of a light casual one as it's just going to be us getting married without guests (we're not going to tell anyone, we'll tell them when we've done it to avoid hassles!!). Hope this helps!

Kristy
  • burcaffburcaff Posts: 386
    Hi Ladies,

We have that problem too, we're getting married on a beach in Cuba..I've just bought a wedding dress, and haven't got a clue what my H2B could wear... he too would look daft in a suit! i think the linen shirt & trousers thing is a brilliant idea....I might suggest that...we even giggled about Andy wearing a kilt...at least he'd be a bit cooler, even tho he's not scottish!

another problem we have is that we're having a party for 100 people when we get home, so I don't want Andy to look too casual.....

Keep the ideas coming Xxxxx

• kerry78kerry78 Posts: 32
    My initial idea was for the linen shirt and beige trousers, I didn't want him to look too informal, but we are on the beach! - so I think that will be the best idea and the wedding party men could wear similar...

I think the linen shirt/beige trousers combo looks quite smart (I've seen pictures in wedding/honeymoon brochures, but can't find any online to link to) and at least then they won't look hot and sweaty in the photos and will be comfortable on the day!
  • awebsterukawebsteruk Posts: 368
    I'm getting married in Jamaica and pondered what h2b would wear.

Linen shirt and beige trousers sounds fine......but what about the creases?

Doesn't linen crease really easily.

I don't want him looking like he has just got out of bed(!) or been dragged through a hedge if you see what I mean.

Perhaps some kind of light cotton equivalent maybe?

I don't have to worry about that though until later in the year - getting married April 07.
    A-ha! I found some pics in the weddings abroad section: http://www.cosmopolitanbride.co.uk/index.php/v4/7686

I think the men look really nice in what they're wearing.
  • nikip2304nikip2304 Posts: 18
    Ems

When and where abouts in Cuba are you getting married.

I am getting married at the Melia Cayo Guillermo in Cayo Guillermo at the end of June 07

Niki
    Hi Niki...so pleased to hear that you are getting married in cuba too. Have not heard of anyone getting married there before..We are getting married at Melia Cayo Coco in Cayo Coco.

We went to Cuba last oct on holiday, we fell in love with the people & the place straight away.... have you been ???

have you started all your dress shopping etc? am worried that I've bought a full wedding dress & I might be too hot in it 8\)
    Thanks for the link Kristy - that is exactly the look I want to go for, no idea where to find that though!! and also if I don't find something before the autumn, summer gear will be out of stock!!

Already H2B is bored and we only looked at one suit in Next! - he thinks that he has to wear a suit jacket, but the stiff shoulder pad look is a real turn off for me! and I've put my foot down already!!

I can't understand it, he's wears suits for work but never any other time so why he want's to wear a jacket on the beach in Malaysia is a mystery??:\?

My partner was thinking he would wear a dark suit too - they probably just don't even think there are any alternatives!

We haven't even thought about starting to look yet as the wedding won't be until the end of next year. Not really looking forward to doing that - he's as bad as your partner with shopping! I don't really know where to look either (maybe department stores like Debenhams?) - let me know how you get on with it.
  • sammiuksammiuk Posts: 95
    Hi,

My photographer has a beach wedding featured on their website - groom looks great!

www.imageye.net in 'gallery 2'!
  • jenfitzyjenfitzy Posts: 8
    hi kirty

getting married in mauritis in jan doing the same thing as yourselfs keeping the wedding quiet telling them when we come home just nice to see where not theonly ones doing this wishing you all the best

jenny
    Jenny, it's good to know we're not the only ones doing it too! Where are you staying in Mauritius? We've pretty much decided on Beau Rivage even though it's not until Nov/Dec 07!
  • curlyemcurlyem Posts: 12
    Next do a lovely linen suit that is very smart and lightweight, my h2b as just brought it for our wedding in Margarita.

[Modified by: emylou on July 11, 2006 12:04 AM]
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    I love the linen suit look. We have also brought the linen suit from Next .... looks great on and at a great price too, so I have allowed (as should be) to have a designer shirt and desginer shoes.

emylou...what good taste you have.

Here's a pic of the suit if you interested...

http://hitched.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=60054238

Debs image

• jenfitzyjenfitzy Posts: 8
    hi kirsty

getting married in the maritim in jan 07 :\)

jenny
  • Hi!

I am getting married in Cuba next year at Hotel Playa Pesquero in April - very excited!!

We had a bit of dilemma re: men's outfits. In the end, we have gone for cream linen silk suits from marks and spencers, with white linen shirts underneath. My H2B, my dad and the best man will wear the same suits. not bothering with ties because a bit over formal and i think the open collar will look nice and relaxed. the suits look really nice and smart.

think the guests are all going for cool fabrics - linen and nice floaty numbers.

there is just me who is going to be red hot in the big dress i have chosen!!

Nicola
  • nikip2304nikip2304 Posts: 18
    Ems

Yes I have sorted my dress. I too have gone for the big floaty long train dress. Can't wait now. only 341 days to go. wish it was sooner rather than later.

When do you fly out to Cuba? We have booked to go on the 14th June 07 for 2 weeks and marry on the 20th. We are then having an evening reception on the 6th July.

Have you sorted out H2B outfit yet? I am stuck with what to put my H2B in. I have sorted out myself and my bridesmaid (my sister) but am stuck with what to put the men in.

Speak soon

Niki

HI NIKI...ONLY JUST SEEN YOUR REPLY....YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT BURCAFF @ AOL . COM IF YOU WISH....

WE ARE FLYING OUT ON 10TH MAY FOR TWO WEEKS & GET MARRIED ON 15TH MAY ....

GLAD IT'S NOT JUST ME WITH THE BIG DRESS !!! I COULD EMAIL YOU THE PHOTOS WHEN WE GET BACK...COS YOU'RE NOT GOING TIL A MONTH LATER ARE YA???

CAN'T WAIT EITHER....ARE YOU HAVING A DO WHEN YOU GET BACK? WE HAVE HIRED A COUNTRY PUB NEAR WHERE WE LIVE IN CHESHIRE FOR THE DAY AFTER WE RETURN FOR ABOUT 100 PEOPLE AS WE'RE NOT TAKING ANYONE WITH US TO CUBA...

GLAD YOU'VE GOT YOUR BRIDESMAID SORTED !!

aNDY;S NOT SURE AT THIS STAGE WHAT HE'S GONNA WEAR...SAYS HE'S GOING TO KEEP IT A SECRET TOO !?! A THINK A LIGHT SUIT OR JUST LINEN PANTS & SHIRT WOULD BE NICE... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE ON xXXXX

Sorted H2B out in Debenhams with John Rocha linen/cotten trousers and a Jasper Conran shirt. Spent ages in and out of Hugo Boss, Limeys, Ted Baker and a lot of stuff is disapearing as the shops make way for the Winter lines, so be quick!!

Kx
    Kerry...

Your all sorted that's great news..as you said all the linen and beige is dissappearing from the shops now, I'm stressing as the bestman is mean't to be getting the same suit from next as the groom (my dad also has it), but the sale starts saturday and I'm worried that he won't get it if he doesn't get it now.

Debs
    ahhh I have just looked in the next catalogue for autumn/winter and they still have the suit in there....sigh of relief;\)
  • Hi there!

Just a quick thought, especially for anyone on a budget.........

I have seen some beige "linen look" trousers in Matalan...... they don't crease to hell like the linen equivalent, and from memory I think they were about £12!!!!!

Very light and breezy for weddings abroad.

Also, I bought my H2B a white linen grandad collar shirt from John Lewis for £35. It's absolutely beautiful on.

Lennie
    Hi Debs

A great relief that NEXT are doind the linen suit in autum/winter catalogue!

My H2B tried that one, but the trousers were a bit to narrow, and I don't like him in a suit either!!

Going to hit the Next sale tomorrow morning, to bag some bargain honeymoon outifits!!

Kx
    Kerry,

What you ended up getting sounds really nice. I think we will be going for something very similar! Now I know where to look - thanks!
    I will be ordering it from my next directory ( which came yesterday) so thanks for that Xxxxx