Forum home Weddings abroad

Real Touch Flowers - Help please!

Hey ladies,

Im getting married next June in Paphos and I am thinking I would like to take artificial flowers with me, the real touch ones not silk!

I would like some suggestions if possible on which type to have:

My dress is a Maggie - Stella (sorry not sure how to post here) If you look it up it is the one shown with the burgundy sash.

My 2 older BMs will be in the deep burgundy with ivory and the flowergirl in ivory with burgundy like me.

I just dont know whether to keep to the same colours or go for something different??? I know that I would like some green in there somewhere and I dont want anything too over the top. Quite simple me image and not sure on posies.

What do reckon??? Anyone have any suggestions for me??? Sorry to have gone on :\?

• PAPHOSELENIPAPHOSELENI Posts: 503
    sorry it has to be real flowers everytime for me
  • camillarose1camillarose1 Posts: 6,254
    I was opting for real touch as I could then bring them home and have them put into nice vases and keep them.

Do you reckon I should go for real then?

[Modified by: ButterflyRobin on June 25, 2009 03:02 PM]

• libsuklibsuk Posts: 58
    hi how about having real flowers for your bouquet and artificial buttoholes? the prices i saw were about £10 for a buttonhole which i think is ridiculous! that's what i'm thinking of doing anyway! xx
  • MissVWMissVW Posts: 7,419
    Definitely go with the artificial flowers if you want to keep them forever. I'm doing this with all my flowers as there's no need to pay out for real - the venue is filled with the scent of flowers so I won't be missing out.

Here are a couple of ideas for you

Your bouquet:

http://www.sarahsflowers.co.uk/bridesmaids-bouquets/handtied-posies/ivory-burgundy-rose-wedding-posy/prod_1388.html

BM bouquet:

http://www.sarahsflowers.co.uk/bridesmaids-bouquets/handtied-posies/ivory-burgundy-bouquet/prod_153.html

Flowergirl posy:

http://www.sarahsflowers.co.uk/children-39-s-flowers/mini-posies/light-cream-burgundy-children-39-s-mini-posy/prod_1504.html

Or you could use burgundy cala lilies or cream orchids with a burgundy centre x
  • sunshinecmdsunshinecmd Posts: 1,388
    Hi everyone I'm also considering ordering artificial flowers how close to the wedding should you order them? Not getting married untill the 25th May so don't want them sitting around too long x
  • MissVWMissVW Posts: 7,419
    MrsHigginstobe, you can order them whenever you want. I get married next June and I already have mine. I'm keeping them away from direct sunlight so they won't fade.

The main reason I'm having artificial is so that I can keep them forever (on display) - they will be sitting around for years afterwards so there won't be a problem in ordering early x
  • ashbrideashbride Posts: 377
    I think if you go fake go real touch, those ones from sarahs are silk and look very old skool wedding?? if that makes sense? like something from the 80's.

just google some images and the one below has burgundy berries so would tie in with your dress even though the flowers are orange (you said maybe different colours?)

this one is red and green with orchids

All the pics are real flower but you could get one made up in real touch?

xx

What about an all green orchid bouquet? simple and green but had the burgundy bits in the middle of the orchid which would match your burgundy theme?

• camillarose1camillarose1 Posts: 6,254
    hi girls,

thanks sooo much. sorry for late reply, ive been camping this wknd!

ashbride, i love the 2nd pic u posted! really unsure wat to do, real or not!

need to book the flights and accom 1st lol!

all ideas welcome thou as need to organise soon xxx
  • sparkleflakesparkleflake Posts: 591
    Hi ya,

I'm also considering real touch flowers as the climate I'm getting married in will kill the flowers within a few hours. Another bride on here has used this company and I am thinking of also using it. The flowers look stunning.

Here's a link: http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com/Package 5.html

She also has an e-bay shop.
    Thanks butterfly, thought some pictures may bring inspiration, I say artificial you keep them forever!

Gypsy girl: Their bouquets are very expensive and ordering from the US wont we be stummped for import tax and VAT so will work out even more expensive?

xx