paphos hotel panic!

As im so indecisive, i have made a list of 5-6 hotels in paphos to have out wedding, the elysium, amathus beach, alymra and athena etc. Have just been on trip advisor and have to say the recent reviews that have been made dnt fill me with much confidence!! they were horrible and is making me think twice. I know you shudn't believe everything you read, but im starting to have major doubts!!

lindsey

• WeddingfanWeddingfan Posts: 432
    What are you looking for - relaxed, exclusive, lovely but not stuck up - all these hotels have their own qualities and are lovely in their own way. Try not to worry too much about all the comments on tripadvisor as some people expect the earth.

Let us know what you are looking for and we can advise.

Nicky x
  • ive just come back friom 2 weeks athena if you have any specific questions about hotel. I was due to get married there in the gazebo but changed 2 weeks before i flew after reading trip advisor comments and realising i could get the ceremony much cheaper and in a more private location (Peyia town hall)
  • emmawatersemmawaters Posts: 749
    I have just returned from my wedding in Paphos. We stayed at RIU Cypria resort. It's an all inclusive hotel and the food is fantastic it is also 2 hotels merged into one so there is double of everything. The pools are fantastic and the hotel is very clean.

We got married on a yacht in the harbour and sailed out to sea for our reception and I would advise this for anyone who wants an intimate day, The whole day was far better than my expectations. If you book your wedding at a hotel, a number of them take place overlooking the beach which is beautiful but the down side is the location of the gazebo's are surrounded by sun loungers and people.

I have posted some photo's on the following link.

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/214468

Good luck with your plans x