Companies for cyrpus

What are the best companies to look at for booking our wedding in cyrpus? Is it best to go through a travel agent?

We don't have a massive budget but still want to make the day special. Does anyone have any experience in getting married in cyprus?

Also we dont mind getting married in hotel setting but i don't want to be overlooked by people on sunloungers i want it to be personal and just for us and the family (if that makes sense lol)

Thanks

• We are using aphrodite as our wedding planners their website is...

www.weddingsincyprus.com

We are also getting married on a yacht as we didn't like the idea of everyone on sunloungers like you!

We get married at 5pm, and sail out for a couple of hours - it really appealed to us to just be with our family and friends in 1 place.

The yacht website is www.exclusiveyachtweddings.com

Good luck!

I would definitely recommend them.
  • lucy_davelucy_dave Posts: 33
    First thing is first Nippa!

I know four different couples who have been married in cyprus in the last 2 years. Two of them used a well known tour operator to arrange their wedding plans and two others used private wedding planners. The ones who used professional planners could not fault their weddings the other two enjoyed there wedding but found several faults and experienced lots of stress as any hicups you encounter in cyprus can not be rectified by the person you booked your wwedding with who is working behind a desk in UK.

My advice to you is simple, speak to a professional wedding photographer they will do everything for you as much or as little as you need. We are using Ruth from Paphos Prestige weddings, she has been faultless she treats you like her own son or daughter and doesnt stand for any messing!

She charges around 500 euros but that includes everything including her to attend with one other member of staff on the day. I appreciate you are on a budget but if you book with a tour operator they stick on much more commission in the long run so it is probably cheaper this way. Your wedding needs to be plans correctly you can not afford to mess it up! Bite the bullet and get in touch with a planner. if you need any details for Ruth i can deffinately reccommend her and will pass her details on.

Similarly to above we did not want to be overlooked by holiday makers which is inevitable, im sure you would look at a wedding if you were in cyprus. We also considered the yachts they are very impressive and look amazing, however we were worried about our guests getting sea sick as the boats can be a little choppy when they set out to sail.

We are getting married at Almyra Hotel, Paphos we are hiring out three rooftops and having our wedding and reception on a rooftop overlooking the sea and harbour for sunset. It is very private as it is on the roof and as you have booked the rooftop out no other persons are permitted up there!

We did lots of research and even visited Cyprus to explore various venues, we could not fault the Almyra rooftops they are a different class to anywhere else!! Deffo worth considering!

Give me a shout if you want any more advice im almost an expert myself now!
  • mrsnippamrsnippa Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice lucy, i did have that feeling about booking through a travel agent im going to have a look at prestige weddings, i might even delay the wedding a year so we can save a bit more so i get what i want lol at the end of the day it is a once in a life time!!!!

im sure i will be asking loads of questions image

thanks xx
  • emmawatersemmawaters Posts: 749
    I booked through Thomas Cook but got married and had my reception on a yacht and I couldn't fault it, it was only last month and we had a fantastic time.
  • mrsnippamrsnippa Posts: 6
    cheers mrs F 2 b, i have had a look at thomas cook they dont seem too bad just heard bad reports from thomson and first choice not alot about thomas cook, i did like the yacht wedding how would u say it would be as we will have kids there betwen ages of 2-5 so pretty young.

thanks

xx
    I have a 2 year old daughter and she loved it. If your worried just take some things to amuse them like colouring books they will be fine.

I have posted some of my photo's on this link:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/214468
  • sarah138uksarah138uk Posts: 11
    Hey Nippa,

We are getting married next September on board a yacht called The Ocean Flyer, the company have a range of boats and packages to choose from and I think they are really reasonable in terms of price!! We are using Exclusive Yacht Weddings, www.exclusiveyachtweddings.com the ladies there are very helpful and you can pretty much price up a wedding from their website!! They are so personal too which you will never ever get from a tour operator!! EYW even offer a wedding planning service at a small cost but pretty much everything is done for you so you don't have to worry too much!!

Within the package you get basically everything and they do special offers each month!! We have nearly 40 people going to ours and its coming out really reasonable price wise!!

I think the company could be at the NEC wedding show in October, not sure tho but worth going to see them if they are, I went to see them in London and they were very reassuring and so so nice!!!
    I too used Exclusive yacht weddings, the first time I met them was at the NEC national wedding exhibition. They are such nice people and so so helpful. My wedding was like a dream, they made everything just perfect.

I got married on the Jolly Roger. We did see the Ocean Flyer and it is magnificent and also a lot bigger than it looks on the website.
  • lucy_davelucy_dave Posts: 33
    Nippa,

from reading the post after you i think i may have been misinterpreted, i am not saying avoid thomas cook or thomson, we have booked with them for our accomodation as their packages are much better but anything to do with the wedding do not book through them it is easier to book direct. Thomson will charge you a commission for booking your wedding at a venue! What for??? You have your own email access or phone you can do it yourself!

My only concern is this, if something did go wrong whether it be a little problem or huge who do you want sorting it out? Someone who lives in Cyprus and can nip to the venue and explain on your behalf? or someone who works in a travel agents next door to gregs the bakers??

There is only one choice for me!

Good luck!
  • Hi there, we went through Cyprus Dream Weddings, please do not book through these, although the wedding day was perfect, which prob was down to that we also had our reception on a yacht so exclusive yacht weddings orgainsed that, but Anthony the wedding planner made a mistake with the DJ and didnt charge us for it, he then held back on things we had paid for, and a couple of days after the wedding said by the way you owe us 350euros for the DJ. He lied to us a quite a few occasions also.

Good luck.

xx
  • Hi there, we went through Cyprus Dream Weddings, please do not book through these, although the wedding day was perfect, which prob was down to that we also had our reception on a yacht so exclusive yacht weddings orgainsed that, but Anthony the wedding planner made a mistake with the DJ and didnt charge us for it, he then held back on things we had paid for, and a couple of days after the wedding said by the way you owe us 350euros for the DJ. He lied to us a quite a few occasions also.

Good luck.

xx
  • we looked for hours trying to find the best wedding company for us and finally found Aisle of Love basically from recommendations!
  • I am using Paphos Prestige weddings too and Ruth has been amazing (must be the name!!!) She has recommended all of our suppliers here goes....

The Cake Lady

H2 Photography

Jack's Taxis

Diversity for DJ

Prestige Touch for decs

Good luck with your plans let us know if you need more info!
  • I would definately recommend trying to do a lot of research on your own, although it is more time consuming you can completely tailor your day according to your needs and of course your budget!! It is amazing how much the costs can differ and it's best to know as much as possible to enable you to choose the service that will make your day perfect.

If you are looking for quality photographers and you are also on a budget check these guys out - http://weddingphotographersincyprus.com, they are very affordable and offer all photos on a disc included within their package - a great offer I think! They have been wonderful so far with great advice and flexibility.