Grecian Park Hotel, Protoras, Cyprus

Hi brides to be! This is my 1st post so it's a long one!!!

Has anyone got married at the Grecian Park Hotel in cyprus recently? We have booked for June 9th 2010. I am desperatly wanting to know which is the best option for the reception? The guy at the hotel- Angelos is reccommending the White Bar but the pictures on the website do not show much of it at all. Does anyone know of this White Bar in comparison to other options at the hotel for the reception? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any photographs or feedback of your weddings here would be really helpfull, and might stop me prematurely ageing!

We have booked through Cyplon, has anybody else? If so what do you think?

Anybody else if you have got married here any have any comments or advise i would really appreciate it as i am stressing already!!!

Look forward to your help.

• loulou16ukloulou16uk Posts: 335
    Hi Minibird

We havent booked yet but at the min r fave is the grecian park! ye i thought the same bout the white bar! I really love the cliff bar and hope we can have it for part of our wedding. I thought the beach kiosk looked really pretty lite up at nite. Im wondering could our party head down there later on in the evening.

lindsey
  • sunshinecmdsunshinecmd Posts: 1,388
    Hi I orginally thought about having the White Bar but think it is best when you have a larger wedding party i.e. 30+ guests. Also the White Bar doesn't have any windows, I'm thinking of having my evening reception in the Xasteria Bar. x
  • MinibirdMinibird Posts: 9
    HI MrsHigginstobe! Thanks so much for linking those previous messages for me as i am new to this website so still finding my way around! There were some really usefull bits of info, so thanks loads.

Think i am going off the White Bar too, Angelos keeps saying how special it is, but i am not convinced from the photo's! The Xsteria Bar looks gorgeous, think ill ask him how many it holds as there will be between 50-65 of us we think.

Hi Loulou16 - yeah i forgot about that lovely beach kiosk at the bottom - the photo does look really gorgeous - looks like something off Mamma Mia! I am gutted i cant have the Cliff Bar as its only if you have a late wedding, we are getting married at 1.45, but i wouldnt have minded getting married at 3pm but the only time the hotel & Cyplon came back to me was 5pm - far too late for us as we would be wanting to be heading towards starting our sit down meal at about 6pm so there is plenty of time after to party!!!

Thanks very much both of you - if you have any more idea's please let me know!

Minibird x x x

Hi minibird

Ye thats what i thought about the beach kiosk- mamma mia!! 5pm would be nice for us, as i really want the cliff bar and is the main reason why we want to go there! I emailed that gut angeleos to c bout the beach kiosk but havent had a reply.

loulou
    Hi, I'm getting married at 5 fits in nice for us, Dj arrive at about half nine and will have him for four hours. Angelos wlll email back he just takes a few days to reply. What dates are you getting married? x
    Hi, nothing booked as yet, but thinking end of sept/start of oct 2010! what bout u? x
    25th May 2010 at 5pm. x
    Ah i am sure 5pm will be lovely too, it certainly will be better heat!!! Dont know how on earth i am going to cope in midday sun!!! The reason we chose that hotal was because of the cliff bar too so i really have been in 2 minds the last few days, my fella is losing the will to live with me!! He reackons it is one of the best hotels and we should go with it anyway, The perfect time for us would have been at 3pm because we are having a saxophonist for 2 hrs after the ceremony, which would have took us to about 5.30 then sit down meal till about 7.30/8pm , then party on!!! We are getting married on Wed 9th June, I am gonna pester Angelos again to see if any chance of having 3pm and cliff bar, it is so picturesque. But if not, im sure the Umi restaurant will be lovely and 1 good thing about having the saxophonist there is that we will be out of the heat for 2 hrs before venturing outside to the marquee for meal! Like the idea of mingling with guests & listening to saxophonist for a couple of hours to have the toast drink before meal. Oh ita all very exciting! Going to do wedding dress shopping for the 1st time tomorrow!!! Have you two both got your dresses? x x x
    it will be gorg! no, not dress hunting until we actually get it booked, but have had a nosey on maggie sottero website and have saw 3 gorg dresses! well worth a look. We would prefer an acoustic guitarist instead, have asked angelos bout this and possibility of having the beach kiosk and decorating it for evening entertainment! whats the chances?! lol. x
    Hi, I think the Umi restaurant looks amazing too don't think I'd be dissapointed with either venue. Dress shopping how exciting have you got a particular dress or style in mind? A picture of mine is in the East Cyprus brides thread. xx
    Wow that sounds so amazin, oh good job were not getting married on same day or we would be fighting for the venues!!! That really sounds fab. If you hear anything from angelos about that let me know! Maggie Sottero dresses are lovely, i have one printed out in my pile of favourites! I am quite short in height so i really dont know what style will suit me but just cant wait to try any on tomorrow! I really should stop scoffing these more-ish crisps with that in mind! I have so many fave dresses printed i just dont know how ill choose. Are you having any other entertainment at the reception before your dj? We arent sure yet. Going off recent weddings we have been to here some are having a singer on like soul for about an hour and a half before dj, but our budget will only go so far!! x x
    Hi mrs Higginstobe, ill have to check out that site for dresses. And just realised its not tomorrow im going dress shopping its on Saturday - im off work tomorrow so i thought it was friday for a second then, So cant wait for sat! Yeah the Umi does look lovely too, have you checked out the virtual tour thing on the Grecian Park hotel web site? It does look lovely for cutting of cake, champers & sax......but the Cliff Bar.......Oooh its so gorge. Cant have everything though i suppose! Hey also we arent having champs, definatly going for the Cyprus sparkling wine after looking at the prices!!! x x x
    Lol we will be going for sparkling too probably. yeah. I've seen tha virtual tour looks amazing. You'll see my dress on here

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/220989
    we would like an acoustic guitarist during the 'champagne'-really mean sparkling wine! lol reception before dinner! x
    Hi there girls, wow i have been busy this weekend - tried on some dresses, went to 3 local shops, 2 were dead helpful, 1 i couldnt believe how unproffessional she was asking me what my budget was infront of another customer in the shop who she was seeing to - i thought that was really rude. Oh well i am going back there next sat anyway because there were some lovely dresses there but i think i am going to tell her what i thought about that! Anyway mrs Higginstobe i saw your dress its lovely, really glamorous & elegant. I think i will check that website out and see if there is anything i fancy. Lol Loulou16 - the champagne is ridiculously priced isnt it!!! A bit like 1 dress i tried on this weekend but i just had to try it!!! was glad i did actually because it wasnt one of my favourites so at least i can now scrub that one of my wishlist!!! The acoustic guitaris sounds good too. Have any of you had any ideas for music walking up/down isle? Are you taking a cd with fave music on? x x x
    Hi Minibird, thank you, did you see any dresses you liked? We're in the process of looking at music to walk down the aisle too have a few ideas but haven't decided yet. We're going to take a cd with music to walk down the aisle, sign register and our first dance. xx
    HI Mrs Higginstobe, yep i found 1 that i liked, it felt really secure considering it was a strapless dress - as i am quite big boobed!!! it was a Pronovias one. But dont think it's yet "the one" but definatly one to consider!!! We were thinking of taking music for down aisle as the hotel only has the typical bridal march tune! Finally getting my invites sorted too , i am ordering pocket holder envelopes for them to go in as you can put extra inserts in it with info about close by hotels & Pre & Post wedding activities that our guests can come along to! x x
    Ohh let us know when you have picked a dress. Sounds great, I made a free wedding website from here

http://www.weddingpath.co.uk/page23

Allows you to put up to date information on and can also get people to RSVP via the website, I put our website address in our invites along with the password they needed. xx
    Hi minibird, angelos has told me the beach kiosk isnt for weddings.

Mrshiggins2be. Yes i have made a website via weddingpath aswell. What am i like?! we havent even booked yet
    Oh my god Mrs Higginstobe thanks so much for that i have been thinking about doing a wedding website, but all the ones i looked at cost so a really big thanx because i am getting my invites done next week, i have designed them myself - cant believe i have done it i am really happy with them ill put them on for you to look at next time. I am ordering pocket holders for the invite to go in so that i can put extra info in them such as pre & post wedding activities with the guests to come along to, so i am defo gonna do a web site now & put the website on the invites too so i can keep guests updated & excited! x x x Hi Loulou16 shame about the beach kiosk, but i suppose all the other venues at the hotel are gorgeous so i wouldnt worry x As soon as i find out anything useful ill let you know! Its all take take on my part at the moment!!! I am going the travel agents this saturday so if ill let ya know any new bits of info x
    Glad to have helped Minibird, looking forward to seeing your invites, mine are on here if you want to have a look they are simple, but I enjoyed making them. xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/220989?startnum=52
    Hi Mrs Higginstobe & Loulou16 i tried to submit a reply last night but it dosent seem to have worked, Anyway thanks very much for the free website i am defo doing one of those now, and the ones i looked at in the past charge so thanks v much for that. Shame about the beach kiosk Loulou, but the other venues look lovely. the one i now least like is the white bar even though angelos says its very "special", i am gonna do a bit more research into that before i confirm which venue we want for definate. I tried to say last night all i do is take take on this forum, so ill try to give out a bit of info if i find anything extra out this weekend when i go travel agents, so thanks again! Trying on another couple of dresses tomorrow, lets hope they are within my budget this time!