Forum home Weddings abroad

Back from the best day of my life!!!

Hello Everyone!

On the 21st July i had the best day of my life and I got married to my husband in Paphos, Cyprus. We got married at 4 o'clock at St Georges Chapel. I cannot believe it was over 6 days ago. Everything went so well either of us could believe it. We had booked with Olympic and I was a bit dubious as lots of people on here had used independent companies but we had the best wedding planner called Leslie and she could not do enough for us. She made everything go without a hitch.

We arrived in Cyprus on 12th July (Sunday) met with Leslie to talk about paperwork, flowers, reception, hair and make up and anything else we had issues with. Everything really easily done. Said the following day we would go to Paphos town hall and sort out paperwork, opened at 8:30 so we met at 8:20 we went straight in, no queues which apparently can be quite long. ordered another wedding certificate also just in case.

I feel like I could write an essay on our day there are so many details that I keep remembering.

Monday 20th July we went to have our chat with Fr John the priest who was to marry us on Tuesday. Went through ceremony and told us what we needed to do and what to say and were to stand. Was a tight day as we met Fr. John an hour before our town hall ceremony at Paphos Town Hall and we were both stressing that we would be late. We actually made it 2 minutes before 12 noon the time of our ceremony thankfully our registrar was running a little late. Really quick ceremony probably about 7-10 minutes if that. We did not exchange rings as we wanted to keep that for the church. The town hall gave us in a lovely wooden box a bottle of wine and corkscrew etc. Really lovely. Took few pics and then went for lunch. Was completely boiling very glad to get into an air conditioned car!!!!

Tuesday 21st July: Organised hair and make up with 'Equisite' through Olympic. The girl I had was fantastic told her what I wanted and she did exactly that. Did think about doing own make up (had bought enough of it). But got a bit nervous as thought pics might be awful so thought it is my wedding day and it is certainly something I do not regret and a breakout of spots and on my wedding pics you cannot tell i had 1 blemish! Ceremony not till 4 so tried to relax just willing the day along. Finally got dress on at 3:20 and went to church, felt like I couldn't breath as I was waiting with my dad and as I was about to enter the church I thought I was going to burst out into tears but once I started waling down the aisle and saw my husband he had the biggest smile on his face I was ok. ceremony was really lovely, St Georges Chapel is very intimate and just what we wanted. Although it is really hot in their and all of the men were really really feeling it in their suits me to! Walking out of the church with my husband was the best feeling I have ever had and I will never forget it. Lots of photos later (we only had the professional photographer at the church, not huge picture people). We went back to our hotel (The Anabelle) and we met up with everyone else at the reception (The Posideonous restaurant overlooking Paphos harbor) We had booked a meat meze which was fantastic, it was around 35 euros per person with free wine whilst we were having the meze. We cut our cake and had a fabulous party. We only had 5 guests but it was fabulous. Once we had decided to go back to the hotel we walked back through Paphos in our wedding outfits, lots of people looked and clapped and congratulated#lated us it was really nice. Do not think I would have done that through my town centre!!! I know that I have gone on and if you have got to the end then thank you for reading, just wanted to share the best day of my life!!!! if anyone had any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best. xximage

• handbag007handbag007 Posts: 436
    Ahrr sounds like you had a lovely day. Congratulations to you and your new Hubby xx

Pictures most welcome!!!
  • Laura2412Laura2412 Posts: 288
    Congratulations! Enjoy married life! xx
  • trazzeruktrazzeruk Posts: 124
    Awww gald u had a great day, I recently got married in Paphos and for us to it was just perfect, Just wish I could do it all again.

Good luck.xxxxxxx
  • Hi Wedding bear

Glad you had a really gud day. Did you wear your full wedding attire for the town hall? You will have to hurry up & get the pics on the thread. You mentioned you had 5 guests - was that for the full wedding ceremony & reception? The reason I ask is because we will only be having 5-7 people come out with us next year & I don't know what to do for the reception. What I would really like is to charter a boat for a couple of hours & have a 'cruise & food!', but will it be soooo expensive for just a few of us & look really stupid??? I have e-mailed our tour operator a couple of times but still I am waiting for a reply aarrrgghhhh. I want to be able to sort something out for a reception, cars, make-up etc but until they do I'm stuck. [quick enough to take your money tho]
  • lisakayuklisakayuk Posts: 67
    wow wedding bear sounds like you had a fantastic day! im also getting married at st georges, booked through olympic and having the reception at Posideonous on the 23rd september this year! We have been told to take aprox 600 euros with us for the church deposit did you do this and do you know if that is also for the licence fee at the town hall? I would like to ask if we could take the photographer down to the harbour for our photos, did they seem very flexible? Thanks Lisa xx
  • carletonukcarletonuk Posts: 127
    HI

I bought a white short bandeau dress from zara (about £40) to wear for civil ceremony ass we did not count that as are official wedding day. Could not find any white shoes I liked so bought read and pink shoes from next.

Yeah we only had 5 guests for ceremony and reception. There are lots of boats etc you can charter particularly for wedding as we were sitting with our wedding coordinator a lady came into our hotel and she spoke to us about a boat but my husband gets sea sick. Would create some lovely pictures though. If that is what you want I would definitely go for it they would probably give you a good deal.

xx
    Hi 27lkc

Small world, you will absolutely love it. Where are you staying? We stayed at The Annabelle in Paphos. Lesley our wedding coordinator was fabulous and just did everything and everything went to perfection. We paid around 615 euros for church fees but that included candles for our mums which was incorporated into the ceremony which was really lovely. The town hall fees were 295 euros.

The photographers are flexible. it depends upon if you are having your reception straight after the service. You may have to pay a little extra if he has to come back at a different time. We had pics at church was back in hotel for 5:30 and reception was not till 7pm so would have had to pay extra for him to come down to reception. I really do not think they would charge to much extra. Hope all goes well, if I can help with anything else let me know. xx
    Hi 27lkc

Small world, you will absolutely love it. Where are you staying? We stayed at The Annabelle in Paphos. Lesley our wedding coordinator was fabulous and just did everything and everything went to perfection. We paid around 615 euros for church fees but that included candles for our mums which was incorporated into the ceremony which was really lovely. The town hall fees were 295 euros.

The photographers are flexible. it depends upon if you are having your reception straight after the service. You may have to pay a little extra if he has to come back at a different time. We had pics at church was back in hotel for 5:30 and reception was not till 7pm so would have had to pay extra for him to come down to reception. I really do not think they would charge to much extra. Hope all goes well, if I can help with anything else let me know. xx
    Hi 27lkc

Hi 27lkc

Hi 27lkc

• LisaGs2bELisaGs2bE Posts: 198
    Hi Wedding Bear... sounds like you had a perfect day image I'm getting married at Ayia Kyriaki next May... Does everyone have a ceromony at the town hall?
    Hi LisaGs2bE

We only had a civil service as we were having a Catholic wedding service and neither recognise each other. Fun having 2 wedding days though. xx