Forum home Weddings abroad

brides help me make a decision!

Hey

Just me again, being totally indecisive! Having probs deciding between the Grecian Park and the Capo BAY! The only thing that puts me off the Grecian is they hold two weddings per day! Although we just totally love the cliffbar and the view where the wedding takes place and want a late afternoon ceremony Is this being a huge problem for anybody else??

Capobay now only hold one a day and it looks lovely too, very modern!

lindsey

• sunshinecmdsunshinecmd Posts: 1,388
    Hi loulou16,

I honestly wouldn't be put off by two weddings a day, what is it that you are worried about? You need to go with your heart, and stop thinking about the other stuff, Where can you picture yourself getting married? Its your dream day so will be perfect no matter what. xx
  • I am sure that grecian park have ways of dividing up the venue and ground in such a way that both couples don't meet...
  • loulou16ukloulou16uk Posts: 335
    Ye i sure they prob do have ways of seperating it. I have a friend who in gecian sands at the moment, shes going to go up to the grecian park and capobay and have a nosey and get pics, so if that doesn't help me make a decision i dnt know what w ill
  • tgillowtgillow Posts: 61
    I was unsure with Capo Bay an the Sunrise Beach Hotel. Sunrise Beach hotel has some really good reviewa too so have gone with them.

Anyone else booked the Sunrise for October 2010???
  • ClaireToonClaireToon Posts: 355
    Hiya loulou16

I am getting married at the Grecian Park 6 weeks today! I hadn't thought about there being another wedding on the same day as mine and to be honest i'm not too fussed about it. I went to a wedding at the Grecian Park 2 years ago and yes i saw a few weddings before the one i was guest at but on the day of the wedding i only saw the one i was going too.

I'm getting married at 4:30 so i'll be too busy climbing the walls to notice if there is a wedding on before mine! ha ha

The only thing that makes me slightly nervous is booking the venue for the bbq. There are two places you can have the bbq at and both are lovely but i do have my heart set on one in particular, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I would go with what MrsHigginstobe has said, go with your heart! It is hard to decide but you will get there!

Clur xx
    Clur P

Thanks for ur input, gr8 to hear your going to the grecian park!! would love to c ur photos when u get back. What place are you hoping to have ur bbq?as we want the bbq aswell. The whitebar aswell- not sure if im overly fussed on this. r u having music in the evening?? We hope to have our wedding around the same time, as i have my hopes pinned on the cliffbar!! one of the main reasons of chosing the grecian park! its lovely.

lindsey

xx
    Hiya

I'm not sure what it's called but i think its called the Pavillion for the bbq. I saw someone's wedding photos on here not long ago where they had it and it looked lovely.

I think if we have music it will just be cd's we've made or hooking the ipod up as there is only 25 of us going and not sure how many will stay late as some have small children and theres a few of the older generation going, so i dont think its woth while booking a DJ. Was also thinking of just going into the bar or staying at the cliffbar - wouldn't mind booking this out all night but not sure if thats possible.

I'll defo be posting my photos on here when i get back! Can't wait!! image

Clur xx
    Ye

thats what we would like, even if we could have the bbq elsewhere, then go back to the cliffbar and have music there. ill maybe email angelos again to see. bit annoying they cant confirm the venue until you get there. kinda puts me slightly off! hope it goes fantastic for you! cnt wait to see ur pics xx
    yeah its not the best having to wait. We get there on the sunday and the wedding is on the thursday so if someone else is getting married on the same day they could have been there for a week already and sorted there wedding out!

xx
    we are planning to go bout 10 days b4 ours, so hopefully we wont have a prob, otherwise id be raging! cnt wait for my friend to come back, shes currently at grecian sands (another option) but going up to grecian park and capobay for a nosey and taking some phots. If she does ill try and get them on here.

lindsey