Pre-wedding activities for guests?

I just wondered is anyone organising any get-togethers or activities the days leading up to the wedding and if so what?

• Shell19ukShell19uk Posts: 676
    Hi

I get married on a Tuesday and all our guests will be in Cyprus by Saturday so we are throwing a bbq at our villa for everyone to "meet and greet" as such

We will be providing the food and drink etc but imagine most will bring a bottle out of courtesy

We are then planning a party on the Thursday after our wedding but friends of ours are going to play host to that at their villa but again we will provide the food and drink

Shell x
  • kimshutlerkimshutler Posts: 255
    Hi!

We got married in Santorini about a month ago.

We did a deal with a taverna on the first night to get a cheap set menu for a welcome dinner. Then we paid half...

Then... being very immature, we had an 80s themed sports day on the beach the day after eveyone arrived. Just silly games but everyone made a real effort with their outfits and it was the best icebreaker ever!

I had my hen do out there... and we went Greek dancing and plate smashing, then to kareoke. Very cheesy!

On the day of the wedding we had a lovely bridal brunch.

A couple of days after the wedding everyone went on a big boat excursion dressed as pirates.

Good luck!

xx