Forum home Weddings abroad

Weddings in Cyprus

2»

• vickiexxvickiexx Posts: 273
    Quoted:
    HI Annette and Vickie

Sorry didnt reply sooner, not bin on for a few days! The wedding coordinator email i was given is:

[email protected] Apparently she's the senior wedding coordinator out there and she'll help you as much as she can. Ive asked her about receptions and flowers and stuff. She said that she will bring some books to the wedding meeting showing us flower arrangements, photographers work etc. She sounds really nice. She also gave me a time for the ceremony, i wanted late afternoon and she told me its arranged for 4pm so im happy about that! Also, if your wanting a dvd, try contacting jill at [email protected] Theyve sent me some wedding demos to watch, theyre lovely. Ive heard good reviews about them and they have a contract with thomas cook.

Vickie: ivory and cappucino sounds fab. Also think we would like the beach bbq too, you'll have to let me know how it goes cos you get hitched before me.

Hope to hear from you both soon luv Janey x

[Modified by: janey17 on February 24, 2007 06:44 PM]

Thanks Janey image thats great, I think I'll email her and see if I can get more info out her. I haven't been given a time for my ceremony. Do you have to pay an extra cost for being married after 1400?

I've seen a few good reports about the DVD compnay you mentioned, I 'll have to look into the cost fist mind as we're running low on funds!!

What kind of response did you get re: flowers?

Thanks again Janey

xx
  • MUMMYAMUMMYA Posts: 557
    Hi All

Does anyone have any pictures, or contact details for restuarant called Graden of Eden in the Nissi Bay area???

Annette
  • janey17ukjaney17uk Posts: 39
    Annette: How exciting having your dress fitting, I have'nt even started looking properly yet, need to get my backside into gear! Sounds like you got loads sorted.

Vickie: Think we do have to pay extra to marry after 2pm and if its in a hotel. Not sure how much it is tho. Then there's the marriage licence, there's so much still to pay when we get there! :\? Georgina said that we could have lillies and roses as well as some others I cant really pronounce! I want some orchids so I'm considering whether to take some silk ones to add to the bouquet. When I recieved the demo dvd's, they sent me a thomas cook booklet with some good info in. It had a table comparing prices for stuff in the uk and cyprus. It said the dvd was around £250 - 300 which is a big saving compared to here.

[Modified by: janey17 on March 04, 2007 02:10 PM]
  • Hi,

We are also getting married in Cyprus- in Nissi Beach. We travelled around the island to find the perfect venue-it's absolutely gorgeous over there & I'm so excited-only 15 months to go!!! Has anyone got any ideas what gifts to get bridesmaids & mums/dads etc-I didn't want to get flowers as we wouldn't be able to bring them back but obviously need something small & easy to carry due to the flight!! I am also stuck as to what to buy h2b as a gift on our wedding day! Any ideas? Also, does anyone have a good photographer?!! Good luck to everyone & enjoy the planning!!!

Nett x
    Hi Nett

I'm getting married at Nissi Beach can't wait....

We are using the photographer from still productions

[email protected]

I have bought my two adult bridesmaids braclets and trinket boxes from past times they are gorgoues.

H2B is having a scrap book I've done and a personilesed newpaper from

http://www2.inthepaper.co.uk/createpaper/create_paper.aspx?source=webgains&siteid=5945

and some aftershave.

Parents an engraved photo frame.

Best man a newspaper article, like H2B.

Hope this helps

Annette

Quoted:
    Annette: How exciting having your dress fitting, I have'nt even started looking properly yet, need to get my backside into gear! Sounds like you got loads sorted.

Vickie: Think we do have to pay extra to marry after 2pm and if its in a hotel. Not sure how much it is tho. Then there's the marriage licence, there's so much still to pay when we get there! :\? Georgina said that we could have lillies and roses as well as some others I cant really pronounce! I want some orchids so I'm considering whether to take some silk ones to add to the bouquet. When I recieved the demo dvd's, they sent me a thomas cook booklet with some good info in. It had a table comparing prices for stuff in the uk and cyprus. It said the dvd was around £250 - 300 which is a big saving compared to here.

[Modified by: janey17 on March 04, 2007 02:10 PM]

hiya Janey

Thanks ever so much for that email address, we contacted Georgina and she was excellent, we found out we are getting married at 1600 in the evening, so we will be paying the extra cost image you're right there is so much to think about paying for when you get there...I think we may have to scrap the DVD as we are swiftly running out of money ...but hey ho....!!

I've asked her loads of questions etc re the reception and menus, she also suggested contacting the Adams Beach direct, they've sent the standard e mail back, but I think i'll wait till the refurb is finished and try again (March 26th ...can't remember if you said that's where you were getting maried!)

anyway, big thanks janey!!
    Hi Vickie,

im glad georgina could help you, its a shame your not getting the dvd. We were thinking about not having it, but if i get home and wish i had got it, id be gutted!

it feels loads better knowing what time you are getting married doesn't it. How funny, we both getting married at 4pm at the adams beach and thinking about having the bbq! just on different days like. i didnt know they were having a refurb in the hotel. Went to try dresses on for the first time yesterday, kept putting it off cos still wanna lose weight but there's only 6 months left. Have you got yours, not long left now you know! Tried about 15 on and narrowed it down to 2. only problem is, the one i think i like the most is more than i really wanted to pay, close to £900 and the other one's only £600. Trust me (and mam) to choose the most expensive dress!

Where abouts in Teeside you from?

Take care, Janey x
    Hi Janey

4pm must be the in thing ... or they want all the extra cash lol!!

When are you getting married? you'll have to show me your pics etc etc once you come back....I'd love to see them as we are getting married in Sept. Yeah I got the information thru Thomas Cook and the website about the re-furb..so I think they must have essential staff there only at the min, as i say they only sent out menu's etc etc...

Have ordered my dress, just waiting for it to come back now.....I've ordered a Maragret Lee dress, totaly fell in love with it, simple but stylish

If we have any spare funds I think they will go towards the DVD, but we are struggling now, so I think we'll have to give it a miss image

I'm from East Cleveland , near Guisborough....about 15miles from Middlesbrough. Where are you from?

vickie xx
  • Hi Annette,

Am quite new to this & not sure if I just sent you an email??!! Anyway-just wanted to say thanks for your ideas for presents & also for the contact for the photographer-will check out his website. Are you actually getting married at the Nissi Beach Hotel? Nett x
  • Hi Annette,

Am quite new to this & not sure if I just sent you an email??!! Anyway-just wanted to say thanks for your ideas for presents & also for the contact for the photographer-will check out his website. Are you actually getting married at the Nissi Beach Hotel? Nett x
    Hi Nett

I have just replyed to your email.

Annette
    Hiya Vickie,

we get married on 9th october so you'll have to let me know how everything went when you get back. Your dress sounds lovely, think im gonna go back and try my dress on again, just to make sure! Cant stop thinking about it so think its gonna be the one. Starting to get really excited now!!

Im from Peterlee, about 20 miles from Boro. Just ordered short pink bridemaids dresses from next and mens waistcoats to match, hope i like them.

Happy planning, Janey x
  • fb_2004fb_2004 Posts: 43
    i get married the 4th october @ 2pm at the hotel capo bay protaras, we had our times straight away we booked with first choice.

its scary when your paying paying and still adding up what you have to pay when you arrive out there.

i`m only doing this once so hey -ho i`ll be skint for the next however many years karen x
    Hi karen,

There is a lot to pay when you get there but hopefully we can stick to our budget! Are you all sorted then? I just ordered my dress on monday, i love it. Think i am gonna take it on as hand luggage, dont trust it to stay safe in the hold. Id rather i got there with my dress than everyone else have their outfits and mine get lost!

Janey x
  • MrsJENMrsJEN Posts: 194
    Hi 2 all Cyprus brides to be

We haven't booked yet but my man and I are planning to get married in Cyprus May 2009 (I know seems like a lifetime away) We will have been together 11 years by then and I'll be 26. I have been doing a bit of research over the last 6 weeks I know it is early but I want to have an idea of what I want before I book even though I can't book until next year when 09 prices are out. I am really looking forward to hearing all the reports of recently wed brides in Cyprus. Congratulations to all those already married and Best Wishes and Good luck to all of you who are nearly there. Oooh its so exciting!!! Please newly weds share your experiences!!!
    hi janey

i bought my dress in november its a maggie dress ladonna marie.

it wont be in the shop until april/may still trying to lose some weight thats a nightmare its self.

i`ve sorted most things, had to pay a deposit last week to the hotel for the reception £150cyp was £172 in our money

my budget is going ok seems to have stretched so far, what dress did u buy ?

karen x
    Hi Ice

The dress you have chosen is stunning, had a look on maggie website. It is unusual to have one shoulder strap like that, it really is beautiful, how long have you got to go?:\)

Janwal x
    Anyone been married at Ayia Napa monastery?:\)
    Hi Karen, your dress is fab ! Im sure you'll look lovely. Im determined to lose weight too! My dress is by essense and i just love it!! Its in champagne taffetta and its completely different to what i went looking for. If you'd like a peek go on www.essensedesigns.com and click on essense couture. Its style 101, thats the exact picture of it in my colour and everything! The lady shot a free tiara in with it too. Its killing me keeping it a secret. I havent booked anything abroad yet, I hope i can have what i want when i get there.

take care, Janey x
  • ali2804ali2804 Posts: 8
    Well I'm getting married at Adams beach 25th Sept, sorted my dress and the bridesmaids and the men - i've ordered the short pink bridesmaid dress from next and the ice pink waistcoats to match! Hope we aren't in the hotel at the same time!
    Quoted:
    Well I'm getting married at Adams beach 25th Sept, sorted my dress and the bridesmaids and the men - i've ordered the short pink bridesmaid dress from next and the ice pink waistcoats to match! Hope we aren't in the hotel at the same time!

24th of sept for me at 4pm at adams beach!! image
    Quoted:
    Hiya Vickie,

we get married on 9th october so you'll have to let me know how everything went when you get back. Your dress sounds lovely, think im gonna go back and try my dress on again, just to make sure! Cant stop thinking about it so think its gonna be the one. Starting to get really excited now!!

Im from Peterlee, about 20 miles from Boro. Just ordered short pink bridemaids dresses from next and mens waistcoats to match, hope i like them.

Happy planning, Janey x

I know only 6 months to go now!! My dress should be ready in May I think.

I'm just in the middle of helping plan mt hen night and I've given H2B the task of organising the reception when we get back :\? altho I think i'll be arranging the food!! We're off to Yprk for a night in May, dressed as Fame kids lol!!

We've just got H2B 's suit. Went for Collezione Linen suit form M&S, only £115!! We're going to get hanky's the same material as the bridesmaid dress to go in the pockets!!

Hope the dress trying is going well ! image

vickie xx
    hi janey

just had a wee peek at ur dress it gorgeous !!

we have 192 days to go not obsessive just looked at the counter lol

we have paid deposits on flower upgrade and 2 bridesmaids posies, the reception dvd and photo`s, oh and sunset pics forgot about them. i having 2 bridesmaids my daughter shes 12 and my niece who will be 5 we are having kiwi green with silver shoes etc. h2b,fil2b and my wee boy are wearing the irish national kilt, h2b just going to be w ee bit different hes having the plaid the others arent ( the tartan over the shoulder) just need to think of favours small and light to take with me.

we called thomas cook they gave us an extra 20 kilos no bother at all cant remember if that wase ach or between us will phone them closer to the time

karen x
  • amylouukamylouuk Posts: 30
    Hi Karen,

We are getting married at St Georges Chapel, Paphos on 18 May and I cant wait.

I've also picked La Donna Marie dress which is fabulous and makes you feel like a bride should, I personally dont think the Maggie website does the dress justice.

Just been for my fitting as I have being dieting from when I ordered it in September and now it does not fit. I am over the moon at losing weight not at having to pay 180 pound for alterations. One of my bridesmaids has also lost weight and hers is costing me 90 pounds!

As you said you only do it once!

Ive only six weeks to go and feel so unorganised. We are flying with Monarch and our little boy is under two, so we only have 20 kilos for me and H2B, to include our holiday clothes for the three of us, my dress and H2B and sons suits. Cannot get any extra so can see excess baggage charges!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
  • My parents to be in law image got married at st georges in cyprus, paphos... it was absolutely lovely!

It does get hot outside though, inside is fine... so take water!

We stayed at the Rui Cypria Maris, and it was so good we are going back there this year.
  • mehubandbubmehubandbub Posts: 932
    Hello,

We are getting married in Kolossi near Limassol. We have booked a villa, so it is just us, family and friends. The wedding and party is at the 8 bed, 10 bathroom villa- looks gorgeous. They are planning everything over there for us. They have been really halpful so far, we haven't had our wedding yet though. The address is www.villa-mosica.com.

SOOOOOOOOO Excited, think I may go and have a look at the site agian.

P.s Anyone got married there? Can tell me about it, show pic etc.