Anyone getting married in dominican republic??

Hiya,

I am getting married in the dominican in april 2010 at the dreams punta cana resort and spa! Cant wait! am sooo excited!

Was wondering if anyone else was or has been?? would love to hear anything about it!

Leigh :\)

• We're getting married at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Bayahibe in May 2010 - just under 8 months to go....... SO SO EXCITED!!

I've heard of lots of people asking/talking about the particular hotel you're marrying at and it's all been good from what I've read.

Is there many of you going out - or just the 2 of you? There's 15 in total with us.

Who have you booked with? We're with First Choice. x
  • hello

i am also getting married in the dominican republic next year, april2010.

our hotel is the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro. we looked at the dreams punta cana and loved it, but the prices were shooting up and we have a big party of friends and family to accomodate within a price range. really excited now though 7months!!!!

have you both been to the dom rep before? we went in 2007 and loved it, weather was lovely in april too.8\)

so nice to speak to people in the same boat as me!

kerry x
  • hi, i'm getting married at the Gran Ventana in Playa Dorada, leaving in 37 days - eekkk!!!

The paperwork for your documents is the most daunting part but i can help with that. Just had a major drama with royal mail over the docs but it's sorted now thank god!
  • Hi girls

I got married at Dreams Punta Cana on 7th Sept 09 and Leigh you won't be disappointed. The hotel was amazing and the wedding was perfect, we used the hotel photogprapher and the pictures have come out superb.

We got married in the gazebo which was just stunning, we booked with Thomas Cook who said we wouldn't know are date until we arrived, this is not true just e-mail the weddings department and they will confirm your date and change it if you want!!

One word of advice for all of you though they keep birth certificates etc so we've got to buy some more now we are home!!

Carrie

xx
  • Quoted:
    Hiya,

I am getting married in the dominican in april 2010 at the dreams punta cana resort and spa! Cant wait! am sooo excited!

Was wondering if anyone else was or has been?? would love to hear anything about it!

Leigh :\)

Hi Leigh! When are you at the hotel, coz thats where we're going for our honeymoon! we go on the 21st April. x
  • KC1506KC1506 Posts: 254
    Hi

We're getting married in The Dominican April 2010, we fly out the 7th we're marrying at Ocean Sands Golf and Beach Resort.

Looks like they'll be a few of us flying at the same time!!!!

• Quoted:
    We're getting married at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Bayahibe in May 2010 - just under 8 months to go....... SO SO EXCITED!!

I've heard of lots of people asking/talking about the particular hotel you're marrying at and it's all been good from what I've read.

Is there many of you going out - or just the 2 of you? There's 15 in total with us.

Who have you booked with? We're with First Choice. x

Hiya,

awww thats gud! Av only heard gud things too! Yea there just the 2 of us and our son, he's 11 tho so won't b any bother at all. We booked with Thomsons, and at the min am not tht happy with them! They have neglected to tell us alot of info bout things and it is annoying!

How have first choice been? altho they are the same group.

• hi all i'm getting married in dom republic march 2010 at the rui mambo - only 3 hotels on the island.

we e-mailed our wedding coordinator and she confirmed the time and date etc

i agree with everybody on this website who have dealt with the paper work - do it yourself- - we booked our weddding with thomson and they sugested RT Translators - so we enquired with rt translators and for all the paper work - translations - legalisations etc we were quoted almost a £1000 it is much cheaper to do it yourself through the Foreign office, we start all our paper work on 21st dec..

Theres only 11 of us going out - then in july were having a wedding blesssing for all the family that couldn't come out to the dom republic - so i get to wear my dress twice.
  • Yea I heard the paper work was a nightmare!! We were quoted £1300 so instead we have decided to get married in the registry office in jeans with just 2 witnesses and have a cermony in the dom rep. It has saved us £1500!! Cos the ceremony was cheaper aswell! We aren't exchanging vows or rings or anything until we get to the dom rep, the registry office is purely for legal reasons to save the expense and hassle of the paperwork!

I too get to wear my dress twice as we have a party booked for the family in May! I have just paid a deposit on a choc fountain as I have decided against a cake eventually haha My dress is due to arrive on the 7th Nov, so not long for me to wait now! cant wait to get it! still have a little bit of weight to lose as I would like to drop another dress size if I can. Anyone else dieting? Hows it going?
  • Quoted:
    Hi girls

I got married at Dreams Punta Cana on 7th Sept 09 and Leigh you won't be disappointed. The hotel was amazing and the wedding was perfect, we used the hotel photogprapher and the pictures have come out superb.

We got married in the gazebo which was just stunning, we booked with Thomas Cook who said we wouldn't know are date until we arrived, this is not true just e-mail the weddings department and they will confirm your date and change it if you want!!

One word of advice for all of you though they keep birth certificates etc so we've got to buy some more now we are home!!

Carrie

xx

Hi Carrie,

You fancy sharing some pics with us? I would love to see? xxx
  • Hi Long legs,

Is the Riu mambo with Riu Bachata and Riu Merengue? We went to the Riu Bachata in Sep 2007 for a holiday and it was fantastic. As its a private area of Bahia Maimon you don't get hassled on the beaches (my parents went somewhere else in the North of the dominican republic and got hassled to buy things on the beach). I'm so envious of you as I wanted to get married at the gazibo at the Riu Bachata as that was our first proper holiday away together. Keep an eye for the michael jackson tribute as the bloke is fantastic who performs there. He doesn't sing but his dance moves are out of this world.

Mrs Hewitt 2be x x
  • Hi all!

Leigh, we are planning to get married in Dom Rep in 2011, and I had never heard about doing the legal bit here and the ceremony over there - would you mind if I was a bit nosey about that? You said the ceremony over there is cheaper, is it still the same ceremony but without the legality and documentation complications?

• Quoted:
    Hi all!

Leigh, we are planning to get married in Dom Rep in 2011, and I had never heard about doing the legal bit here and the ceremony over there - would you mind if I was a bit nosey about that? You said the ceremony over there is cheaper, is it still the same ceremony but without the legality and documentation complications?

x

Hiya,

Yea no probs, al will just use my prices etc cos it will be easier. The wedding ceremony was £925 and a renewal of vows is £725. We have paid the £725 for the renewal but that it basically a symbolic ceremony. We are writing our own vows to each other and exchangin rings etc as the wedding co-ordinator has assured us that we can do, say have anything that we want!

We have the registry office booked for the sum of £103.50 in total and will therefore have our marriage certifcate in english. We fly the 7th April and are booked for registry office on the 3rd. we need to take the certifcate with us but it doesn't need translating! we were quoted £1300 for the translation of all the documents so we now don't have to pay this.

So technically we are gettin married in the registry office, but we are only havin 2 witnesses with us, and I am goin in my normal day wear, probs jeans, we are not exchangin rings and are sayin the absolute minmum to each other. It is literally 2 sentences each, they said we would be in and out in 5 mins. Might not appeal to some but for me the saving of £1500 was too much to resist! Have bought a beautiful wedding dress and accessories instead haha we just looked on it as...if we have to go and sign docs with a solicotr to prove we are single then when not just sign docs in the registry office and save money! The dom rep ceremony will be no different, actually it can now be anything that we want it to be. Our wedding co-ordinator has been great so far!

I hope this makes sense? If not, or any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Leigh
  • Thanks Leigh, that's brilliant. We are definitely going to look into it, I was dreading the stress of sorting all the documents out as much as the thought of how much it would cost, and that seems to be a perfect way to avoid both!

I think you are right - to me, the commitment comes from the vows, not the signing of a piece of paper, and it sounds so nice to be able to have a bit more control over the ceremony!

Thanks for your help.

Jess
  • Hi Leigh,

Here's a link to my pics on facebook, we are really please with them!! Really want to go back and do it all again!!

Are you going to have the ceremony in the gazebo, it was absolutely stunning! (as you'll see on pics).

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php

aid=155588&id=684167221

xxx