romantic meal for me and groom after wedding in Paphos

Hi

getting married next september at paphos town hall. we're staying at the holiday village aliathon (not quite 5 star romantic luxury- but our 4 year old is with us so need something family orientated lol) Its just the 3 of us out there for the wedding (no family or friends coming out there with us and am wondering what to do reception wise after our wedding. The ceremony is at paphos town hall at 4.30 in the afternoon and we're having a photographer so after all that is done and dusted our idea was to have a nice romantic (ish) meal somewhere. Obviously we don;t need a whole restaurant or venue for loads of people which seems to rule most places out but (call me silly) but whereever we eat I want to be able to wear my dress and stay as a bride for the rest of the day with our son in his page boy outfit etc. also i don't like the idea of us just having a table in the restauarnt with loads of other people dining around us (would feel totally stupid) also when we're eating i want to take a few cd's of out fabourite songs which can be pkayed during the meal.

my ideal scenario would be a section of the terrace or outdoor area just for us to have a nice table set up with some candles etc and a nice meal with waiters etc. is this even possible??? you know when you see the brochures for the carribean etc and theres litearrly a nice table under a gazebo on the beach and a couple having their meal there... wel thats what i would like???

really stuck about what to do. can't do the charter boat as they only do a buffet on it and they only do it as a party of so many people, not a party of 3!!!!!!!!!

organising myself, not using wedding planner or tour operator so can't ask them for info etc.

someone must have been in a similar situation to me. i can't be the obly person having a wedding in cyprus without hoardes of people going too????????

many thanks

• Hiya,

U can have this at the Kefalos Beach. www.kefalos.com.cy

If you contact them, get in touch with Elena - say Camilla on YAYW sent you her way - and explain what you want.

She is extremely helpful and answers all your q's.

I am having my reception there and having it outside near the beachfront.

I am sure they will do this for you and they are also very flexible with their menu options.

Their service is second to none too and they have the best sunsets their!

xxx
  • do you know what their prices are like?? are they quite expensive??
  • Hiya, no it isnt expensive hun.

They do cocktails and canapes if you require for when you get there or if you would rather just delve straight into the food there are a few options:

Four set menus starting @ 28euros 32 38 and 45

then traditional cypriot buffet @ 38 euros, bbq buffet 42, around the world buffet 42, gourmet buffet 48

xxx
  • has anyone been to the restaurant il classico?? or another one in the old town of paphos called Politeia?? looks really nice in there?
  • just found at the elysium hotel they can do a romantic meal on the pier at the hotel for 2-10 people under a little gazebo. thats exactly what i'm looking for. Not sure whether they'll do it for me though as i'm arranging the ceremony myself and i've already booked my accomodation elsewhere so won't be a resident at the hotel image
  • I think the Elysium is quite strict with who it allows there as in you may have to have ure ceremony there in order to have the meal etc.

How about Atlantica or Artios?
  • will have a google at atlantica and artios. also on the website for Politeia it mentions something about a central park or central gardens being just around the corner. are these nice gardens for photo's do you know
  • have no idea, not heaerd about them
  • There were brides coming in from other places having reception food and drinks when we got married at the Elysium so this shouldn't be a problem. It really is a magical place with wonderful service and amazing food so if you can arrange it there I would highly recommend it