Wedding Insurance

Hi,

I'm getting married in Cyprus and want to get some wedding insurance just in case!

Who have people decided to go with? I've looked at weddingplan but am unsure what level to go with? The gold covers up to £10,000 and although my wedding will cost more than this I'm hoping that I won't need it! Should I buy the more expensive package in case I need it or risk the lower level? We're trying to save money so I don't want to spend more if it's unnecessay!!

• sunshinecmdsunshinecmd Posts: 1,388
    Hi we have gone with confetti the gold cover which is £49 is more than enough for us.

http://www.confetti.co.uk/article/view/6825-8198-0-Wedding_Insurance_Insurance.do

x

[Modified by: MrsHigginstobe on December 20, 2009 02:25 PM]

• Hi...we got weddingplan silver cover. It was £19.99 and gave us enough cover.

I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago and should have got married yesterday but thanks to the wedding insurance we are covered for everthing we paid out for. Just waiting for them to pay up now!

Sit down and work out how much major things like photographer and venue cost and don't skimp. My H2B had had said to get the next one down but I ignored him thankfully...he said don't get any originally!

My new date is 22nd May 2010...and I'm really glad I did have my accident cos it's terrible on the roads and half our guests wouldn't have turned up!Not to mention freezing. At least it will be lovely and warm in May...never really wanted a winter wedding anyway just really wanted to do it this year!

Every cloud has a silver lining eh?Do it today tho!x
  • We went with Greenbee. John Lewis's company. It was between them and wedding plan but chose them as I though John Lewis is a well known company and possibly easier to get money from if needed??? xxx
  • I need to get this sorted as well
  • mrs.fireman 2 be thanks for the big comment u left bin trying to sort out insurance and didnt wanna pay a bomb so gone with your company!! that was a great help image
  • Hi,

I got mine through alongside my Travel Insurance - so the both are tied in together.

If anything happens with the Travel Operator, then the travel insurance covers the "holiday" side of it and wedding insurance the "wedding package".

My dress / Suits / Flowers / Rings / Documentation / Passports / health etc are all covered too...

When you get your travel insurance ask about wedding insurance too - they may well give you a deal. Ours did!
  • Its a minefield! E and L are supposed to be quite good...
  • noooo do not go thru e and l
  • Hop11Hop11 Posts: 1,404
    I have heard bad things bout e and l...we are looking at debenhams at the moment, but havent decided yet.

might take a peek at the weddingplan one....those who have claimed with them how helpful etc have they been?

• good q HoppyD, i have heard from many on here about e and l and i know someone who went through them and they wouldnt pay out for a claim on camera

• What a nightmare! Anyone else any reputable companies who have paid out?!
  • rinacukrinacuk Posts: 157
    Quoted:
    Hi,

I got mine through alongside my Travel Insurance - so the both are tied in together.

If anything happens with the Travel Operator, then the travel insurance covers the "holiday" side of it and wedding insurance the "wedding package".

My dress / Suits / Flowers / Rings / Documentation / Passports / health etc are all covered too...

When you get your travel insurance ask about wedding insurance too - they may well give you a deal. Ours did!

Hi there,

I need to sort out travel insurance, who did you go with or anyone you would recommend?

Thanks image
  • We went with Debenhams!