Cyprus Brides 2010 how are you doing?

Hello!

Been a while since I posted a topic on here so thought I would see how other Cyprus Brides to be.

Only a few more days to go and we can all finally say 'I'M GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR!!!'

Abit scary when you think about it, not so long ago it was over a year away and now it will be here before we know where we are, if next year goes as quick as this year has.

I havent really done any wedding stuff for a while as everything is done, we are just saving, I've been getting the odd bits here and there, printer so I can finally do the invites, paper for the invites, lottery ticket holders for the favours, poppers for the tables (although they werent the big ones I thought they were!). I thought I had found my bridesmaids dress, its an Alfred Angelo one and on the website it looked like the exact colours I was wanting, so I ordered it and when it came this morning it was too dark, it was victorian lilac not just lilac. Tried to save myself some money and I was soooo gutted when it was the complete wrong colour. I cant send it back either as they dont accept returns :\(

W x

• Hi Trixie01, I'm the same, I haven't been on here for a while as I have been preparing for Christmas. I think I am pretty much organised for my wedding (31/05/10) but saying that I haven't looked at my to do list in a while. I think I am just going to wait until the new year then get started again.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

2010.........here come the brides!!!!!!! image
  • Hi Trixie01, hope your having a good xmas! Im wanting for the wedding to get nearer (27.10.10) so I can start doing stuff again as everything is organised for now, Im off to order my dress on the 30th so quite excited about that! What about selling the bridesmaid dress on ebay and at least that way you will get something back for it xxx
  • Quoted:
    Hi Trixie01, I'm the same, I haven't been on here for a while as I have been preparing for Christmas. I think I am pretty much organised for my wedding (31/05/10) but saying that I haven't looked at my to do list in a while. I think I am just going to wait until the new year then get started again.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

2010.........here come the brides!!!!!!! image

Hi LisaGs2bE,

I get married on 31/05/2010 in Cyprus too!! Where abouts are you getting married? What time? I'm getting married in the Nissi Beach Hotel at 4pm and can't wait!

I can't believe it's only 5 months away now!
  • Shortcake01 - I've listed on the best buys section to see if anyone is interested if no joy then I'm going to put it on ebay.

LisaGs2bE - I get married at Atlantida Beach just outside Paphos, we have decided to get married at 4pm too as we thought it will be a little bit cooler then.
  • swl83swl83 Posts: 1,076
    HI

We are getting married in Ayia Napa 21/05/10, we wanted 4pm too but couldnt get it so got 1pm instead!

Ive done nothing yet!! Ive picked most things, flowers etc but just not bought anything yet...its freaking me out having to make actual decisions so ive been putting it off!

We went and looked at rings about a week ago, and the ones we really likd turned out to be real naff!

Ive picked my flowers (from sarahs flowers) just havent actually ordered them yet!!

Venue is paid tho, hotel paid for and reception dinner is all booked up.

145 days to go for me!!! AARRGGHH

• Hi KeepSmiling, We are getting married at Ayia Kyriaki at 5pm and then having our reception at Kefalos Beach. 5 months....... I'm soooooooo excited!!! image
  • Hi All. I am getting married on 15/04/10 so not long. Our ceremony is at 2pm and we are getting married in Ayia Napa, just wondered what everyone is doing in between the ceremony and meal. We like the idea of a boat ride for us and guests, but can't find any sites on-line, anyone got any ideas? Good luck with the rest of your planning? x
  • Hi Lisawedding,

If you find any info on boat rides it would be great if you could let me know. I get married 6 May at Nissi Beach and am also looking for something else for everyone to do after the wedding.
  • swl83swl83 Posts: 1,076
    Hi lisawedding and 1amypro,

Not sure this is the kind of thing you are after, but i like the look of this as a day out, might not be ideal for a wedding day tho, but have a look, might give you an idea of whats about.

http://www.dolphinboatsafari.com/

x x

[Modified by: SWL on December 28, 2009 10:59 AM]

• Hi everyone,

I get married June 2010 at Sunrise Beach Hotel. I've got my dress and my bridesmaids dress and ordered my flowers. I'm now thinking about the reception as was orginally going to leave it till I got there as we were looking at booking a local restaurant but now I'm thinking that I might like to have it all booked now so it's less to stress about. What is everyone else doing for their receptions?? x
  • Hi chicks,

I'm June 7th at Ayia Kyriaki church, 5pm then reception at the Kefalos down nr the beach xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, whose done what so far?

I've got my dress - Maggie called stella

all bm dresses - alfred angelo style 6455 and a debenahams one for the little bm

flowers ordered as taking real touch ones

reception and church booked

suits for men hiring out there

mmmmm . . . x

• hi getting married 14/09/10 grecian park. have done sweet FA!! need to start dress hunting again xx
  • Hi

I ordered my dress yesterday, 2nd wedding so nothing fancy, have already booked Paralimni Town Hall for 12 noon on Friday 22nd October and booked to take all paper work in to them at the town hall at 11am the day before.

Still wondering what the 4 boys can wear, we want something informal for them all (Aged 8, 10, 11 and 12) so was thinking of some smart casual trousers and lightweight shirts.

Other than that we haven't done much, ours is a very informal casual thing x
  • Hiya, there are suit hie shops out there x
  • Hi

Or have a look on ebay. I have bought some lovely waistcoats and shirts with matching cravats from a shop on there, they were an absolutely bargain x

• Hi! I'm new on here. We're getting married on 3rd June 2010 at Paphos town hall. Not got a reception venue booked yet as we were going to just choose sum where when we got there but now i feel the need to be organised! so any suggestions would be great! we are staying in paphos but it is near the coral beach area.
  • Hello mrshoben2b, welcome and conratulations hun.

I am getting married on the 7th june so will be there same time as u! EEEEk!

If u need a reception venue try the Kefalos Beach, they have a private outdoor area next to the beachfront which is where mine is. www.kefalos.com.cy

If u need any other advice or info email me xxx
  • Hey ButterflyRobin, thanks for getting back 2 me! Had a look at the kefalos beach, looks lovely! Gonna send em an email an see what they can offer us! R u getting married there or sum where else? We need sum where quite child friendly as there will be 5 kids comin wiv us. 3 are mine, 5 year old twins an a 2 year old, an then my friends an my brothers little ones! x x