Where are all the Florida Brides?

I am getting married at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation on the 29th November 2010 and would love to hear from any other Florida Brides so we can share stories, idea's, planning etc.

• I am getting married at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation on the 29th November 2010 and would love to hear from any other Florida Brides so we can share stories, idea's, planning etc.
  • missiekmissiek Posts: 106
    Hello Keelz78! you took the words right out of my mouth! I just thought 'i'll go to the weddings abroad forum & see is there any florida brides chat'

i'm getting married over there in april- not long to go now. we are staying in the clearwater area but getting married in tampa. just thee 2 of us going so i've not done mauch planning really!

are all your family going? have u sorted everythin yet?

• Hi Missiek

It is really good to hear from you. I was beginning to think I was the only one on here. Ha ha!

You must be soooo excited now. April will soon come round especially now Christmas is over. I think it will be lovely just having the two of you there. In some ways I think that is how I would of prefered it but the family are insisting on coming along which is fine. I dont have a big family so there will probably only be about 10 of us unless any friends decide to come. Where in Tampa are you getting married?

Me and hubby to be are having 7 nights in Clearwater after our wedding. We are staying at The Sandpearl Resort booked through Virgin Holidays. Have you been to Clearwater before? Where will you be staying?

To be honest I haven't done too much planning myself, I'm quite chilled out about things at the moment but I'm sure that will change when the date gets closer. So far I have ordered my dress and right now I am in the process of sorting out the invites.

What are you doing after the wedding? Are you going for a nice meal somewhere? Do you still have things to do or are you pretty much sorted?

hello again!

we are having a garden ceremony. as for clearwater, ive never been there before but friends have told me that it's amazing. they say the sand is like powder. i cant wait, no doubt i'll give you all the info when i get back!

also, i like the fact that there is .nice beaches, shops, bars, restaurants... so you can chill out or have things to do!

we plan to go to a restaurant for a meal or something aftetrwards- not too sure... any ideas? got my dress, it's all fitted so just got to collect it!

got shoes & ordered bag today!

whats your dress like? i have a maggie sottero dress. think i'll box it and take it on as hand luggage

talk soon :\)

• HI Ladies, I am getting married at the Tradewinds Island Grand hotel in St Petes beach next aug, glad there are others getting married in florida as well
  • Clearwater is lovely. I have been twice before but only for the day, I haven't actually stayed there. It is a very chilled out place and yes the sand is like baby powder, ha ha! Clearwater has quite a stylish feel to it. I have never been to Miami but I always imagine Clearwater to be a little similar. You will absolutely love it.

I think we are all going to have a meal somewhere after the wedding ceremony. I cant think of anything else that we could do really. Unfortunately I cannot recommend anywhere nice to eat in Clearwater but I'm sure if you have a search on Google it should hopefully bring up some ideas for you.

I had no idea what type of wedding dress I wanted. I just went into the bridal shop and tried on about 15. I ended up with an Amanda Wyatt one and I absolutely love it, I cannot wait to wear it. I bet you feel exactly the same. I have decided to take my dress onto the aircraft as hand luggage. I found an excellent shop on Ebay called Box Of Memories. They are a company who specifically deal with boxes for wedding dresses which meet the airline baggage dimensions, here is the link

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Box-of-Memories__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I hope that works.

Anyway stay in touch and you must let me know how it all goes if I dont speak to you again before.

• Hi Susieq123

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, it is great to hear from another Florida bride. I have been to St Petes Beach but only for the day. It is gorgeous, you will love it. I have seen the Tradewinds from the outside and it looks so lovely, you will have a fantastic wedding.

So how many of you are going? And how far along are you with your planning?
  • Hi Ladies, there are about 20 people in total at the wedding, we are going to orlando for 2 weeks first, doing all the parks etc then going to St Pete's for a week and getting married on the 20th aug.Our son wo is 15 will give me away and there will be 5 other teenagers in our party. I cant decide def on favours- thinking of having fans for the ladies and baseball caps for the men and giving them out at the ceremony. gpoing for a meal afterwards but dont know where yet, its v diff as we have not been there before. I have my dress an shoes, H2B and other male guests will be in linen trousers and shirts as he wants a very casual wedding.I will be 46 when I get married and he will be 47. we will have been together 28yrs when we get married. How far along are you all with your planning, what favours etc are you aving. we also hope to have a party back home as all our friends cant believe we are actually getting married lol
  • Hello again Susieq123

OMG you are going to have an absolute blast, especially at the theme parks, they are so much fun. I can guarantee that this wont be your last visit to Florida. I have been 6 times now, you just get hooked. I never tire of the place. I knew as soon as my boyfriend proposed that I would get married there, I had no doubt in my mind.

Regarding plans, I haven't really got that far yet. So far I have got my dress, that was the first thing I did and the next thing for me to do is send out the invites. I haven't even thought about favours or what we are going to do for a reception, it all kind of happened so quickly.

So what is your dress like?

Me and my H2B will have been together nearly 7 years when we get married. I am 31 and he is 25 (toyboy ha ha!). I cannot believe that you have been together 28 years, that is absolutely fantastic. So what made you finally decide to bite the bullet and tie the knot? We are definately having a party when we get back which my parents have very kindly agreed to pay for as we are on quite a tight budget. We are going to book the venue for that in the next few weeks. It will have to be at a hotel as my H2B's family are based in Wales & Ireland so they will need somewhere to stay. I am going to wear my dress again at the party, any old excuse ha ha!

Speak to you soon.
  • Hiya, can i ask who you have booked your weddings with? i.e. have you used travel agents, or wedding planners, thanks and congratulations xx
  • Hi Butercup_Bride

I have booked everything through Virgin Holidays. It was so easy and they have been great. I just called them up, told them what I wanted and they put it all together for me.

I hope this helps.
  • Hi Butercup_Bride

I also booked everything through virgin hol/weddings and have the deluxe wedding package, they have been great

• Hi Keelz78, my sister got married at Cypress Grove Lakeside Pavillion a couple of years back, booked through Virgin Holidays. It's absolutely gorgeous, beautiful setting and the food was amazing. She was a very relaxed bride, didn't do favours and we did the BM bouquets when we got out there from flowers from wallmart. Virgin provided her bouquet, dress etc. If you've got any questions email me, would be happy to help if I can x
  • Hi girls!

I'm getting married at the Cypress Grove Lakeside Pavillion too! We're flying to Florida on the 31st October and getting married on the 2nd November. We only booked our flights yesterday and the wedding and villa today!

I've booked the wedding through Elegant Weddings of Orlando and I would highly recommended them. Helen has been so lovely and helpful and hasn't got sick of the hundreds of questions I've asked her and alterations to the wedding package I've asked for!

Does anyone have any really good pictures of Cypress Grove? I used to have a website with loads on but it has shut down image

I'm so excited! Have you all got dresses yet? I started the Cambridge Diet last week as I want to lose at least 5 stone, hopefully 7, by the wedding. I'm therefore putting off dress shopping until May/June time. Do you think that's ok?

Laura x
  • 1302kld1302kld Posts: 73
    Hi Tinkerbell86

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. I get married at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation on the 29th November so a few weeks after you. You must keep in touch and let me know how it all goes.

I had originally booked to get married at Disney's Wedding Pavillion however after looking into things a bit further I realised that there were quite a lot of restrictions and the costs for the extras were just ridiculous. I started to feel like I was getting ripped off which is why I ended up going for Cypress Grove. I had read so many wonderful things about it through the chat forums and the pictures on the website looked so beautiful. I am so happy that I changed my venue.

I too have been searching the internet for some pictures but have only managed to find the odd few. I might post a new topic asking anyone if they have any and if so would they mind me having a look. If I get any joy I will let you know.

So how far are you with your planning? So far I have only got my dress. I am hoping to get the invites out this coming week but apart from that I dont really know what else I should be doing.

Best of luck with the diet, I want to try and lose a stone myself if I can. I find it difficult as I have quite thin legs and arms but my belly is my real problem area, I look out of proportion plus a have absolutely no will power at all.

Regarding your dress. The only thing I would say is depending on what dress you end up going for it may need to be ordered and sometimes this can take a while. I paid the deposit for mine back on the 5th December but it wont actually be ready to pick up until April so I would bear this in mind. It may be worth phoning a few local bridal shops and explaining that you are planning on losing some weight and seeing what they suggest. I'm sure it wont be too much of an issue to take a dress in and you would have a final fitting anyway.

Speak to you soon.

• Hi everyone

I'm getting married on 13th October at Disney World then a reception at teh Celebration Golf Club. I can't believe that I'm getting married this year!!!
    Hi Emmajane10

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Like you I cannot believe I'm getting married this year either. It feels so strange, everytime I talk about it it's like I am talking about someone else. Ha ha!

Do you have many people going with you?

hi Keelz78

thanks for the link for the dress travel boxes. i must order one in the next few weeks. they seem really reasonably priced to some others ive seen. collected my dress the other day. feeling a bit bloated after christmas tho- back to gym methinks!

glad to see there are some other florida brides who have joined the thread!

chat soon image

p.s gotta sort out our visas- have u looked into doing yours yet?

• jb24ukjb24uk Posts: 11
    Hi

I got married at Cypress Grove in Florida in November - if you would like to see the photos I have just send me a message- hope it can help some of you. I booked it all through Helen at Elegant Weddings - she was great as was the planner I had on the day whose name escapes me!
  • Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am getting married in Florida at the Disney Swan and Dolphin hotel on 5th Nov 2010. I can't believe its going to be this year! Its exciting!

Where are you all having your receptions after the ceremony and approx how many guests will be attending? We will have about 25.

Hi jb24

Firstly congratulations on your wedding. I'm so jealous, ha ha! So how did it all go? Was it everything you dreamed of?

I would so love to see your photos. My e-mail address is [email protected] if you prefer to keep them private. I have really struggled to find any decent pictures although the ones I have found on the internet have looked beautiful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi floridab2b

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. The Swan & Dolphin is a beautiful hotel, you wont be disappointed.

I will have between 15 and 20 guests, the exact number is still to be confirmed and at the moment I have no idea where we will have our reception.

Have you decided where you are having yours? I probably wont start looking into it until I have my exact number of guests.
  • VITFAVITFA Posts: 316
    Hey ladies im very much confused where i want to get married, i love florida and would love to get married there however my parents could not afford it so would be paying for them to come over - i have literally just booked my venue at home - can i be cheeky and ask what everyone budget is to get married out there in parricular flight and accmodation
  • Quoted:
    Hi

I got married at Cypress Grove in Florida in November - if you would like to see the photos I have just send me a message- hope it can help some of you. I booked it all through Helen at Elegant Weddings - she was great as was the planner I had on the day whose name escapes me!

Hi i was just wondering if you could send me your pics, if you dont mind.. its [email protected]

Many thanks
  • Hi everyone,,. yous all seem to be getting married this year.. im so jealous.. We are getting married on the 31st of march 2011.. wont be long in coming round and i have hardly done anythin.. We have had a look at some wedding venues and i think have decided on cypress grove.. it is gorgeous we visited it last sept and yous who have booked will not be disappointed.

We have chosen to go with a wedding planner and she has some fantastic ideas. Only problem is becuase there is so few of us going im at a loss as to entertainment.. I only want to get married and cypress grove and then maybe on somewhere else for the reception?? anyone any suggestions?

• Quoted:
    Hey ladies im very much confused where i want to get married, i love florida and would love to get married there however my parents could not afford it so would be paying for them to come over - i have literally just booked my venue at home - can i be cheeky and ask what everyone budget is to get married out there in parricular flight and accmodation

Hey, we are looking into flights and accomodation at the min for this may just for a holiday and to meet up with our wedding planner again.. for the flights at the min its £500 which is reali quite dear considering the last two times we have went the flights have been under 370.. However for accomodation - a hotel starts about 35per room per night or a villa for two weeks is about 800 which obviously the more people it will cost less..
  • Hi guys, another florida bride here!

Thank god I found you all, like may of you have said I thought I was the only one!

I'm getting married on 26th Oct on Anna Marie Island just near sarasota and I cannot wait!

my dad has arranged all the flights and accomodation and I have to say British airways have been great.

We are staying on anna marie for th first week with our guests then me and hubby are going up to orlando for the following week,then key west for the 3rd week.

We are then haing a party when we get home on the 27th November to celebrate with family bk home.

Just a quick note,about flights, we hae managed to get our flights through a group booking, with various return dates and locations (as some guest and myself and hubby are having extra time out there) flying from gatwick for approx 380 each.

xxx
  • Hi ladies,

Im a florida bride2b too!! my wedidng date is 30th july this yr!! im actually going for the full on disney experience - i get married in the disney wedding pavillion and then have the reception in the grand floridian hotel!

i have around 20guests flying over to see us get married which is not as many as we originally thought but many are dropping out now - which is really annoyin!

i booked mine direct with disney - i got a fab wedding planner who is literally sorting everythin for us - they send us music cds for the walk down the aisle and menu options! She even asked for a sample of my bridemaids dresses and is going to match the colour for our napkins! i couldnt ask for better!

congratulations on the forthcoming weddings ladies

• Hi i'm another florida bride

We are getting married on 7th June at the Reach Resort Key West. Only 151 days to go and counting x
  • lol Hodgson! im on countdown too!!