Forum home Weddings abroad

Evening entertainment in Protaras, Cyprus

Any ideas what entertainment is available in Protaras for our evening entertainment? There will be approx 25-30 guests so disco is out!! what's everyone else doing?

• jenna52ukjenna52uk Posts: 157
    Hi

Protaras is amazing there is lots to do there, look at the Magic dancing fountains, theres plenty of danicng and magic shows! talk to your wedding planner, but i think 25 is enough for a disco!
  • tgillowtgillow Posts: 61
    I,m thinking the same! Were getting married at the Sunrise Beach hotel in October and having about the same amount of guests as you. Were looking some kind of entertainment for the evening, but not seen any recommendations on here x
  • Guys we are using Diversity - they are a live band who come highly recommended. They play things such as Bon Jovi and Snow Patrol right through to the party classics like Abba and The Beatles. They can do a mixture of sets and also the lead singer is a pro DJ on the radio so will also offer that for 90 mins at the end of the night! Of course this was optional! Drop them a line at [email protected] - they have been really helpful - hope this helps, let me know!!!

We are just trying to think of some requests now! They also offer ceremony music with piano or guitars x

lizzy
  • Guys we are using Diversity - they are a live band who come highly recommended. They play things such as Bon Jovi and Snow Patrol right through to the party classics like Abba and The Beatles. They can do a mixture of sets and also the lead singer is a pro DJ on the radio so will also offer that for 90 mins at the end of the night! Of course this was optional! Drop them a line at [email protected] - they have been really helpful - hope this helps, let me know!!!

We are just trying to think of some requests now! They also offer ceremony music with piano or guitars x

lizzy
  • catj0catj0 Posts: 71
    I am also getting married in Protaras at Capo Bay Hotel in June 2012 (although have not booked yet as First Choice wont have 2012 prices till April)

I have a wedding party of 14 so I dont want to pay out for a venue and DJ for a small group, any ideas what we can do/go in the evening?

Has anyone taken their own Ipods? Ive heard a few saying that they did this and played it throught the day

• We have been able to book Capo Bay weddings for 2012 since September 2010! Book it sooner rather than later to ensure you get your chosen date! The company I work for are weddings abroad experts based in the UK. We can book your holiday as well as your wedding but we use a number of tour operators etc for the holiday so that you can get the best possible price.
  • lovekittlovekitt Posts: 29
    We got married in Cyprus (we live here) and still having our blessing soon in the UK for those who couldnt come. A big thing I found with music when I looked at places (and at other weddings) is you really do need a DJ. It changes the whole atmosphere - and a lot of hotels dont have the speakers etc or anything to plug your ipod into. Its good for background eating music but not really for a party. Most DJS can be expensive (600 euros or so) but if its just for a smaller number of people some of them will give you a reduced rate/party rate... My DJ wasnt top price and I had lots of people at mine! just he gave me a special deal (i was lucky) but he was a nice guy, so I promised I would recommend him so Im doing what I can to help promote him too! His name is Lee and his website is http://www.allgenerationdiscos.co.uk/ hes quite new to the Cyprus scene, as he was originally a wedding DJ in Lancs. I suggest giving him a call!