Underwear for trying on wedding dresses. HELP!!!

Hi guys, am going to try wedding dresses on tomorrow. I have an appointment in 3 different shops.

I was really excited, but now am slightly worried at the prospect of having to be semi naked in front of sales assisstants. Have some real body issues.

Anyway, what kind of underwear do i need. Bra/strapless/normal?

Will they make me take my bra off?

HELP stressing over something that i want to be enjoyable....:\?

• hi im too going thorugh the trying on stage and freaked out as i just recently had a baby! i went with full on spanx lol! when i went in the lady said that the first 'viewing' any under wear would be fine its not until they measure you and get dresses fitted properly do you need to worry about underwear. Also many of the dresses are either pinned for you to see how you would look, so stop worrying and enjoy yourself its really fun honest!:\)
  • Stop stressing yourself out about this hun, it's not worth it!

These sales assistants have seen hundreds of women, bigger, wobblier and stranger lookig than you and they won't bat an eyelid I promise you. Try to wear a strapless bra if possible but that's about it, you can't tell what will look best underneath because of the different shapes of the dresses....

Just enjoy it and try on as many as you can.....wish I could try more on..

• Don't worry! You might have to take bra of yes (or rather you might want to so that you can see how it looks) if you are a bit conscious then wear full briefs instead of a string or something! But don't worry the girls in the dress shops have seen it 100s of time before x
  • swl83swl83 Posts: 1,076
    i wouldn't worry. I just wore my normal undies when i first went and tucked in my bra straps.(the second time i had my black bra on and completely forgot!)

The 1st shop i went to, i went into the cubicle and got into the dress, then the lady just helped do it up. The other shop i went into came in with me and told me to take my clothes off! I felt absolutely horrid as i have body issues too. But she honestly didnt bat an eyelid! They see semi naked women of all shapes and sizes about 100 times a day!
  • I'd try and take a strapless bra and also wear some sensble knickers, not a thong, lol! You might be asked to take your bra off and use one of the shops basques but I had to do this twice and visisted a fair few shops, wasnt too happy about it at the time but it was all fine image Wish I could try more dresses on image

Dont worry about how you'll look semi naked, they've seen it all before and you're not like that long befoe the dress is on. Hope you have fun xx
  • Hiya girls, used to be a manager in a bridal boutique, my one tip is wear what u like....feel free to bring/wear a strapless bra if ud feel better with one on, but the dresses do look better without a bra and with the dresses being fully lined and boned this will give u support and lift and give a nice shape! I would used to let my customers get undressed on their own in the fitting room (only one bride in the shop at one time for full privicy) and only when they are ready would i then help them into the dresses. Each shop/bridal fitter is different but the best advice i can give is....relax, enjoy ur self, try on a couple of dresses that you dont like and would never see ur self wearing (you might be supprised!) and u will know as soon as u find the one.........good luck! xxx
  • Hiya girls, used to be a manager in a bridal boutique, my one tip is wear what u like....feel free to bring/wear a strapless bra if ud feel better with one on, but the dresses do look better without a bra and with the dresses being fully lined and boned this will give u support and lift and give a nice shape! I would used to let my customers get undressed on their own in the fitting room (only one bride in the shop at one time for full privicy) and only when they are ready would i then help them into the dresses. Each shop/bridal fitter is different but the best advice i can give is....relax, enjoy ur self, try on a couple of dresses that you dont like and would never see ur self wearing (you might be supprised!) and u will know as soon as u find the one.........good luck! xxx
  • I think you can try the adjustable strap underwear, strapless dress then remove the tape, if it is a short-sleeved dress wearing, that would be more convenient