Cyprus wedding 2011

hello ladies

I've been waiting to book the holiday part for us getting married at nissi beach next june and have just found thomas cook now have them on there website.

Their quote is £714 each for 10 days but before booking it i wanted to compare prices with a few more companies but no-one else is showing them available!

We're going out there 25th May

So i just wondered if anyone else on here had already booked their flights and hotel for their 2011 wedding and if so who have you booked through??

Sorry for being nosey its just someone told me on here last year that its loads cheaper to book the flights and hotel independantly so im not really sure what to do image

• LoraineukLoraineuk Posts: 50
    I'm getting married at The Golden Coast Hotel, Protaras, on 1st June 2011, I'm also waiting to be able to book the holiday, I checked at First Choice and they are now taking bookings for next year at some places, I'm going to compare prices though as there are a few of us going, so I'm hoping to get a party rate image
  • cherloublackcherloublack Posts: 269
    I think i'll leave it for a while until everyone has them available.

Do you think its any more aggro to book the flights and hotel seperately or is it best to have the security of getting the package deal Hmmm....so much to think about image
  • andrehe1andrehe1 Posts: 7
    Hi Ladies,

I've booked with first choice for my wedding next year. I'm getting married and staying at the Hotel Aliathon Holiday Village.

First Choice were the cheapest but I booked on the day the availability came out. The only problem I have is that the wedding department haven't sent me any forms out yet so I don't have a date or time for my wedding and believe me it's a nightmare trying to get through to them.

• HI there,

Im getting married in Cyprus in May 2011 and its been the past week or so that rates are slowly coming out. Id suggest going via TravelSupermarket - they may not have all rates and companies on there yet but good to see comparison. Easy Jet flights for that time hopefully will be out in the next few months - it seems only First Choice/Thomson are out at the mo. Good luck image x
  • seastargirlseastargirl Posts: 20
    We're waiting till the cheaper airline release their prices as this will drive the prices of the major tour operators down a little! (Well we hope)!

• LoraineukLoraineuk Posts: 50
    First Choice seem cheaper than Thomas Cook and also First Choice you're allowed 20 kg luggage whereas Thomas Cook is only 15 kg unless you pay extra. I need all the luggage space I can get as there are so many extras to take, even though I will be taking my wedding dress as hand luggage, I can't risk losing that. So much to think about.
  • Hey Ladies

Im getting married in June next year at the Athena Beach hotel. We booked our holiday last week... Thompsons, Thomas cook and First choice all seem to have there holidays on sale. We booked half through First choice cause we were getting free child places and then the other half with The Athena beach hotel travel agent. The family's paid £990 per adult and got a free kid's place.. thats for two weeks half board at the athena beach. Everyone else paid £963 for two weeks half board at the Athena. Me and my H2B paid extra cause its our wedding of course so we wanted a sear view with a king bed, our's was £1049each.

Hope this helps.

xxx
  • MrsSearl2BMrsSearl2B Posts: 29
    Hi Helenvaughan,

When you next yeah are you getting married at the Aliation hotel?

We are getting married Oct 2011 and will be staying there.Looks good for the kids

xx
  • pinkypie74pinkypie74 Posts: 43
    Im getting married at the Grecian Sands, mid-May next year.

I went into First Choice on the release date (5th may) to be told grecian sands wasnt released till 5th july...luckily my aunty works at another branch and advised me last week they was already out, and only had one family room left for our wedding dates, which she managed to reserve and we luckily booked up quick.

Unfortunatley quite a few other ppl in our wedding party have kids and also needed family rooms, so are now unable to stay with us, which is both sad and really annoying.

Its been a close shave even us managing to stay there!!!

So speaking from experience, if you are quite limited to room types (ie need family room etc) or have a large wedding party wanting to stay together...id get booked as soon as possible so yr not disapointed! x

• Elope2011Elope2011 Posts: 385
    I've actually had my April 2011 holiday and wedding booked since 24th February!!!

To the lady who's booked First Choice wedding, mine is through them and it took them about 7 weeks before they sent us the forms, and even after that we had to badger them to give us confirmation of the date and time. They're a nightmare! The only reason they eventually sorted us out was because we refused to pay the installment they wanted until we were given our date. They should realise that some of us have guests coming so they need to know the wedding date. Please don't get fobbed off like we were for 2 months.
  • lcoyle1uklcoyle1uk Posts: 27
    Chuckie_egg,

I suggest try direct holidays. That is who wee booked with.....our wedding is in Nissi Beach this Sept.

Direct Holiday beat the quote from First Choice and they are part of Thomas Cook. They also gave us the 20kg at no extra charge!!! I would wait a while though......we booked straight away and a few months after booking the holiday was cheaper, but it's the chance you take. We really wantes a suite soo thought we should book it as they don't have many!

L x
  • jujoukjujouk Posts: 147
    we had a really bad flight experience with Thomas Cook and would never go with them again, unless you book extra leg room seats you will be ok, but if you don't get prepared to be squashed in the seats,there was only one toilet working on the way out to Cyprus and it was a nightmare.

They charge for everything except using the toilet, there is no on board entertainment, they don't play films on short haul flights anymore and there are no blankets or pillows everything is extra, you have to pay.

the next time we go to Cyprus we will fly with Cyprus Airways, everything is included in the price of the flight and the seats are not as close together making it a far more enjoyable flight.
  • Be careful ladies when booking your hotel separately, we found Capo Bay hotel prices for April 2011 but were advised by a friend who is a travel agent not to book direct with the company advertised because they were not ABTA or ATOL registered.image