Any French Brides out there!!????

Me and my fiance are off to France 1st week in August to look at venues Bergerac/Dordogne region.

Anyone used `Get Married in France`???

We have 5 venues in total sorted to view, with the hope of booking our wedding for August 2011.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

xx

• Hi Tortellini2,

I'm newly engaged and haven't found many other French brides on here so thought I'd say hi!

Me and my fiance are off to the Dordogne tomorrow to look at a Chateau and meet with Beth from Get Married in France (although it's not one of their chateaux). We are hoping to get married next June.

I will let you know how it goes and what Beth is like if you want image

xx
  • lalilouuklalilouuk Posts: 52
    Hi ! I got married in France last year and I used a French wedding planner.

• We plan to get married in france, we are going to the Dordogne on hols in July and have booked to look at a place we like the look of in Charente (bit of a trek from where we are staying but we have booked overnight accom to break up the trip) I'm v excited, I think we are so few as people are put off by the fact you have to 'get married' in uk and have a blessing in France. I'm well up for this.....2 wedding days image bring it on image x
  • Hi everyone!

Had our meeting with Beth and her colleague (I think Kate?) at Get Married in France. They showed us pictures from a couple of Chateaux which would meet our requirements (they look lovely!) We have the option to go and view them soon but we now have to decide if we want to go this far south in France, as we both have elderly relatives etc who might find it difficult. However I would certainly recommend them for planning a wedding, they were both lovely and seemed to really know their stuff!

• lalilou, which wedding planner did you use and in what area?
  • katduffinkatduffin Posts: 57
    Hi I am getting married in September at chateau de la bourlie email me if you have any questions [email protected]
  • ElsaFianceeElsaFiancee Posts: 759
    hey girls - I'm getting married in Dordogne too, with the slight advantage that I'm from the area!

let me know if you have questions - and maybe we can exchange tips? I'm looking for good caterers/photographers at the moment!
    not sure what happened to my post... so here it is again!

hey girls - I'm getting married in Dordogne too, with the slight advantage that I'm from the area!

let me know if you have questions - and maybe we can exchange tips? I'm looking for good caterers/photographers at the moment!
    barber2be it was Magali from Events By Lili http://www.eventsbylili.fr/

She's near Bordeaux in the south-west of France
    ElsaFiancee for you photographer you can email mine!

She's brillant! She's a wedding photojournalist (wpja and agwpja) and her photos are amazing! The best French photographer I've seen! Beatrice de Guigne http://www.beatrice-dg.com
    thanks!

by the way girls - I've seen a lot of castles / properties when looking for our venue, all in Drodogne, some around Bordeaux, so let me know if you want some advice!
  • wow been lurking on here for nearly a year and have seen very few France threads...then we get two in one day!
    Hi there I could really use your help . We have everything booked but we are struggling to find a tasty yet affordable sparkling wine or champagen?? Can you suggest anything? We already tried clarette di di cremant but didn t like it . Here is my personal email [email protected] if you have any questions on any suppliers
    sorry message was for elsa or any one else who can help!xx
  • Hi,

Getting married near Bergerac in September and Beth from Get Married in France is our planner. Think I saw her mentioned on here last year and having met her twice so far have been very impressed.
    hiya, where about are you getting married exactly? Bergerac is such a pretty town!
    hiya! it's a lovely castle! however, it seems to me that it's not next to Bergerac, but rather closer to Beynac - lots of amazing castles and sites from the 100-yr war there! your guests will have plenty to do!
  • hello! how is everyone doing?

I found a great caterer I'm really happy with, and lovely chairs and tables (I didn't like the ones the venue has). It's nice to see things coming together!
  • I've got a question for those getting married in the South west - have you booked a photographer yet? anyone you can recommend?

thanks a lot!!
  • We've booked Yves Samuel, here's the website:

http://www.photosbordeaux.com/contact/contact.html

After September I'll be able to give some feedback - paid a little bit more than some of the other photographers in the area are charging.

Otherwise the below was reccommended to me but I didn't look into it:

http://www.nickwhiteimages.com

Hope that is useful image
  • thank you! I have 2 photographers I like the work of, but one is beinga bit difficult...
  • by the way- what are you getting in your package with him? does he do preparation to first dance??? tends to be hard to find in France
  • Hi Elsa,

did you email mine ?

She does package from preparation to the 1st dance.
  • I didn't dare... she looks pricey image can you tell me how much she was ? Ta
  • It depends on what you call pricey. From preparation to first dance I think it's 1500, with a disk and a flush mount book.

It costs nothing to ask, perhaps for what you want it's less.
  • hiya, not bad indeed. I think we're going to go for one we met in July though, so we're finalising "details" like overall price image I'll keep yours in mind in case things fall through!!

how are you girls otherwise? any updates?
  • Wish you girls had been around when I was planning my French wedding - seemed there was no-one on here, I had to use the french wedding sites! Your venues look fabulous, you'll have ana amzing time!
  • thank you! any tips you want to share with us? image
  • Well, don't know about tips, you guys seem so sorted! On the day, take time out to enjoy it. The day goes sooo quickly - I wish I could do it all over again!