Wedding Bands Italy - frustrating!!! Help!!!

For the millionth time i have scoured Google trying to find a band that seems right for our Italian wedding...and still i can't find anything. Neither can H2b.

Actually, i lie, we quite like one band called the Mr.Pitiful Soul Band (Tuscany) but as they are a large band (and they were on the Italain X Factor), we suspect they will cost a fortune and look slightly odd at our wedding of 40 or so people!

We want a live band, perhaps 4 - 6 musicians in the group ideally, playing soul, funk, and some well known motown classic to get people up and dancing...blues brothers covers would be an added bonus.

ANYONE AT ALL HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS????? EVEN IF THEY AREN'T BASED IN TUSCANY???? PRETTY PLEASE.....

xx

• mrscgmrscg Posts: 20
    Have you tried posting on trip advisor?

I'm also looking into some sort of live music but

undecided as to what would be best for our wedding in

Rome, were only a small party of people.
  • LozrodLozrod Posts: 26
    I know this isn't quite what you are looking for but I have booked our classical music with a fab company called the Tuscan Music Team. They are lovely, I've been speaking with a girl called Lara. http://www.tuscanmusicteam.com/New_Site/Home_2.html Maybe, as they are musicians, they could suggest a live band that would suit your requirements?

Lauren x
  • MissTuscanyMissTuscany Posts: 352
    Thanks - i had a look at the website you suggested and i will definitely get in touch with them.

mrscg - what kind of music are you looking for re: style?

To be honest i have been amazed at how expensive bands are, but it is really important to us to have live music....guess we just have to keep searching.

Anyone else out there able to recommend any bands??? Or has anyone been to a Tuscan wedding with a good soul/blues band playing?

xx
  • elisaishereelisaishere Posts: 137
    Hi Miss Tuscany

maybe not really the style you are looking for and I have no idea about prices but

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001105157172#!/profile.php?id=100001105157172&v=app_2405167945

looks kind of cool to me (but I am really into swing and rock&roll..that's it image)

hope it helps

elisa

PS. maybe on myspace/facebook you have more chance to find what you are looking for..
  • Hi everyone, I can completely relate. We are looking for a pretty similar band for our Tuscan wedding this October and have had little luck so far. Anyone have any updates? We're even thinking of flying out a small band but it'pp cost a fortune. We knew rugs would be tricky I Italy but keeping out fingers crossed!

• R2R2 Posts: 18

Same boat for me too! Let's keep each other updated on progress...

• JulyBugJulyBug Posts: 420

I'm getting married in Tuscany and we've booked Guty e Simone who we've heard great things about. You could also try contacting the Alma Project http://almaproject.it/

• DianaDiana Posts: 102

Hi

Getting a band was our biggest concern... we finally managed to secure one in Italy (we also considered and priced up flying a band out from the UK).  IM me if you want details

thanks

• Hi Miss Tuscany! I have a very good band to propose for your wedding. I have called them for many of my weddings (I'm a wedding planner and celebrant in Italy). If you need to have some quotes or links of their music please just write to [email protected]

Feel free to contact meimage

Ciao

Micaela

This is part of their repertoire:

IN ENGLISH
    Everybody Needs Somebody (Blues Brothers)
    Sweet home Chicago (Blues Brothers)
    That's Amore (Dean Martin)
    Buonasera Signorina (Dean Martin)
    Mambo Italiano (Dean Martin)
    On an evening in Roma (Dean Martin)
    Mack the Knife (Frank Sinatra)
    New York, New York (Frank Sinatra)
    The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra) 
    Fly me to the Moon (Frank Sinatra)
    Night and Day (Frank Sinatra)
    It's Now or Never (Elvis Presley)
    I can't help falling in love with you (Elvis Presley)
    L.O.V.E. (Nat King Cole)
    Blue Moon (Nat King Cole)
    Dirty Old Town (The Pogues)
    La Bamba (Richie Valens)
    Just a Gigolo (Louis Prima)
    Zooma Zooma (Louis Prima)
    Angelina (Louis Prima)
    Oi Marie (Louis Prima)
    Jump, Jive and Wail (Louis Prima)
    Sing Sing Sing (Louis Prima)
    Tequila (classic twist)
    One Step Beyond (Madness)
    Johnny be Goode (Chuck Berry)
    When the Saints go Marching in (Louis Armstrong) 
    Night Train (James Brown)
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
    Save the last dance for me (Michael Buble)
    I've got the world on a string (Michael Buble)
    Can't take my eyes off you (Frankie Valli)
    Happy together (The Turtles)
    See you later alligator (Bill Haley)
    Chattanooga Choo Choo (Glenn Miller)
    Wonderwall (swing version) 
    Hit the road Jack (Ray Charles)
    It ain't what you do (is the way that you do it) IN ITALIAN

Americano (Io no speak americano)
    Volare 
    O sole Mio
    Tarantella napoletana
    Aumm Aumm (Catarì)
    Marina
    Il tuo bacio é come un rock
    Tintarella di Luna
    Azzurro
    L’italiano
    Ciliegi Rosa
    Romagna Mia
    Il motivetto
    conosci mia cugina
    4 ciucci (Darktown struttter ball)
    Carina
    I sing ammore
    Marilú 
    via con me 
    una e 35
    bimba se sapessi 
  • Silvia2Silvia2 Posts: 7

Hallo!

I'm a singer based in Rome this is my website in english: www.weddingmusicrome.com and also www.musicplanning.it

I can work in centre italy!

Feel free to contact me!

Ciao!

• Hi, my name is Francesca i have a function/wedding band, i'm a singer.

We are available for weddings, corporate events, parties and private functions, we are based in florence and available anywhere and everywhere in Italy.

We deliver energetic live performances of funk, soul, rock and pop classics.

This is my website: www.thebodenband.com

• Emma508Emma508 Posts: 6

Hi, They might be a bit on the big side for you but we are getting married outside Rome and having The Gloves based on numerous recommendations from previous brides at our venue. They're an eight piece band and are apparently very good!

http://www.thegloves.it/newsen

Have also heard very good reviews about Gutsy e Simone!

• Hi, we're an international band (with musicians from Ireland and Germany), based in Rome, Italy called The Waistcoats (https://www.thewaistcoats.com).

Feel free to check out our website and contact us if you need more information. 

• Hi MissTuscany,

Congratulations on your engagement!

We have just launched our Italian wedding directory website, which includes a section for musicians, DJ's etc.: www.stylemyweddingitaly.com

We are still adding suppliers, and have another exciting entertainment company to add which will be live later today.

Many Thanks,
    Alice

• Hi MissTuscany,

I thought this might be of interest to you, their profile went live today.

https://stylemyweddingitaly.com/supplier/wedding-music-lights/

Many Thanks,
    SMWI

• Dodi2Dodi2 Posts: 1

Hi Folks,

We are Italy's Irish Wedding Band, bride'n'groove, a 5 piece live band based near Lake Garda & Lake Como and the only wedding band in Italy with a native Irish frontman. We cater to all foreign couples, English, Welsh, Scottish, American etc. getting married anywhere in Italy.

After a wedding, Italians remember the food... Irish and English people remember the entertainment and more precisely, who was dancing who wouldn't normally be seen dancing... it's a big stamp of approval of how good your night went if Uncle Paddy ditches the foot tapping and tears himself away from the pints of Guinness because he can't resist the pull of the dancefloor... meals come and go but if you can create a memory like that for you and your guests, that's a memory worth remembering....

So our goal is to get all those Uncle Paddys out there to the point where the dancefloor looks like a tempting pint of Guinness they just have to dive into!

That's the spirit of our band. We aim to be the band for all foreign couples considering an  Italian Wedding anywhere in this stunning country.

For an upcoming wedding with a couple from London we've ditched the Irish bands and we're playing tunes from bands like The Clash, The Jam and Queen... we cover everything from Dean Martin to Bruno Mars... Funk, Rock, Pop, Irish, all live with no pre-recorded tracks...

I'm a veteran of the Irish music scene. While there are some good wedding bands in Italy catering to foreigners, there is not much choice for foreign couples. In Ireland and the UK there is a choice in both countries of hundreds of semi-profesional Wedding Bands, most playing an eclectic mix of music live with no backing tracks, we wanted to bring that style of band together with a very customer orientated approach here to UK, Irish and American couples getting married in Italy.

We take pride in using the best instruments,  sound and light gear to give you the best sound and show and we love what we do!

For any questions or availability enquire through our website italysirishweddingband.com

View our our listing on weddingsonline.ie

And please check our video out on Facebook and Youtube

• Janet48Janet48 Posts: 59 New bride

We hired a band called The Prodigal Duo for our wedding in Tuscany earlier in 2017 - they were incredible :) Another band who we looked at were Route 66, who are based in Tuscany. There is also a good local DJ called DJ Lozzy.

Hope this helps :)

• katy91katy91 Posts: 6
    HI We were thinking of booking this band the only thing we were worrying about is there are only two of them and when I have looked a a video of them on yourtube they don't seem to interact with the audience but I wondered if this is the case ??? as they are really good singer probably the best I have heard while searching for a band thanks for your help
    Janet48 wrote (see post):

We hired a band called The Prodigal Duo for our wedding in Tuscany earlier in 2017 - they were incredible :) Another band who we looked at were Route 66, who are based in Tuscany. There is also a good local DJ called DJ Lozzy.

• Hi everyone,

We hired a band called bluesaliciuos.

We were nervous about hiring a band we had never seen, but they were brilliant. They exceeded our expectations. They are very talented musicians. Many guests complimented us in our choice of band. They really enjoyed them, both at the apertifs and in the ballroom. They were great fun and energised the crowd. I would have no problem in recommending them to any couple. [email protected]

• We are getting married close to Siena next May and I just hired a band from Florence, Italy that are incredible.  Last year we went to a wedding in Tuscany and they played at it.  Amazing to say the least!  The singer's name is Mary (I think she is American...or maybe Canadian???) and they are called The Bitband. www.bitband.it   They also have a Facebook page where there are a lot of great reviews and some live video footage.  They do everything...jazz-motown- funk-Top 20's. (she even sings classical music!!)  Such a talented group...they literally blew the socks off of everyone that was at that wedding.  I talked with her yesterday on Skype to go over everything and she is so accommodating. I know that we are in good hands and after seeing her perform last year, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever! Here is their email [email protected]

We're Italy's Irish Wedding Band and we play a high octance show that's guaranteed to fill the Dancefloor

Check out our Youtube Playlist

http://bit.ly/2zXet7g

contact us at [email protected]

• Janet48Janet48 Posts: 59 New bride
    Hi Katy91, The Prodigal Duo interacted very well with our guests and the dance floor was packed all night!
    x

katy91 wrote (see post):
    HI We were thinking of booking this band the only thing we were worrying about is there are only two of them and when I have looked a a video of them on yourtube they don't seem to interact with the audience but I wondered if this is the case ??? as they are really good singer probably the best I have heard while searching for a band thanks for your help
    Janet48 wrote (see post):

• www.livesingers.it

they're great, accostumed to performing for foreign clients.

professionals, very great musicians, many solutions, very kind people.

regards

Manu

• Hi Guys,

Check out this band: www.fourkicksband.com, they travel all over Italy for weddings.

Hope this helps for the other brides still looking for bands out there!

Mel x

• For all your needs in terms of music for your wedding please contact us, we have 12 years experience and over 400 weddings all over Italy.

www.theitalianweddingband.com

• SwingerstuneSwingerstune Posts: 4 New bride
    edited 2 February
    Hi,

Check out this band( LULA SOUL & THE SWINGER'S TUNE) incredibly esperienced( Any genre of music:jazz, swing, rock 'n roll, soul/motown classics, modern r&b/funk, disco/dance)

https://www.swingerstune.com   

We have performed across Italy( Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Como Lake, Venice, Taormina...) at over 30 weddings per year in the last 10 years. We played at English, Irish, Australian, U.S., New Zealand, Russian and Indian weddings.

You won't be disappointed!!!