Where to have make up trial at home?

I am having my make up professionally done for our wedding in Florida but I want to have a trial at home first so I can take photos and show them to my make up lady out there. I don't really want to pay for a bridal make up trial as these seem really expensive.

I was thinking maybe a make up counter in Debenhams or similar? Does anyone have any suggestions for where to go? I don't wear much make up usually and I'm fair skinned so I would like quite natural looking make up, none of that bright orange stuff with black eyes lol

• Hi

I am the same, i am getting married in Florida too in Septemeber. I am trying to find out what make ip the people will use in Florida so i can hopfully get a trail over here from the same make up company. Where about are you getting married and when?

Lis x x
  • HezxxxHezxxx Posts: 292
    I went to Bobby Brown in Debenhams. I am doing my own make up - well my sister is - so they showed us how to apply it. The session cost £30 - but that comes off the price of any products you buy. So if you aren't planning on buying any make up you could take someone with you who is. I am also quite fair skinned and I don't wear much make up. I was really pleased with the results
  • I had a free "Make Under" at Bare Escentuals in Debenhams (look at their website for other stockists) as I'm going to be doing my own makeup too to save some money. Like you, I didn't want heavy makeup as usually I don't wear any, and I have quite fair skin. The good thing about the bare minerals is that they have an SPF of 15 in the foundations, which helps a bit with the sun too. I was very pleased with my results.

Forgot to say, that they were invented in San Fransico, so they should have them available in Florida too. They aren't cheap, but they do last a long time.