Anyone getting married in Thailand?

Hi girls,

I am recently engaged and we're thinking about one of the islands, probably Koh Samui, to get married. Has anyone or is anyone getting married there as I haven't a clue where to start with looking into it?!

Thanks x

• puffafishpuffafish Posts: 16
    I am! Before today I was considering Hua Hin but am now looking at Koh Samui. I'm the same as you though, I don't really know where to start. When are you getting married?
  • Me me me!!

I am getting married in Phuket in November this year. Yay!

I did a lot of research online before I went to Phuket to look at the venues late last year. Look at the type of hotels you want, and compare it to the other hotels within that range.

A lot of them have a wedding package. I used this to compared prices and bargained them off against one another mumuwhhhaaa. You should also check out Tripadvisor website for reviews. I found a girl who had her wedding at the same resort last year, and I PM her for more info.

Also, I went to the wedding expo in London, and there were heaps of Thailand wedding stuff there.

You could always get a wedding planner.
  • Hey, i'm getting married in Phuket at the Laguna Chapel and then the Banyan Tree in July 11. Went there this year and it is stunning, we def have made the right choice. I just searched for venues on the net then contacted them myself. They are very very good! Also met with them in London last year at the National Wedding Ex.

Koh Samui would be a fantastic location if you want a beach wedding its stunning!

Good luck image