Any Kos or Greece brides?

I was wondering if there were any fellow Kos brides out there or any getting married in Greece or another one of the greek islands?

We're getting married in Kos in June 2011.

• I am getting married on Kefalonia in 7 weeks - argh! Its getting so close now and Im really excited
  • jorosiepjorosiep Posts: 334
    Hi,

I am getting married on Santorini Aug 2011.

Jo.
  • Mea79Mea79 Posts: 99
    Another Santorini B2B here - June 23rd 2011!

Hey Jo! How's things? You been doing lots of planning? I haven't!!! Hee, hee!!

Marie x
    Hi Marie,

I can't do much at the moment, Michael is doing the majority of it and I don't need to do anything until the end of this year, like start the paperwork etc. Oh, I have to start losing weight and going to the gym, I will do that when my dissertation is done!

How are you anyway?

Jo.

I'm good thanks although I haven't heard a thing from Elena. Last I heard she said 'will contact you soon'. That was about 3 months ago!! Yikes!

I'm with ya on the losing weight thing! I joined Slimming World in Feb and so far have lost 2 stone 9lb. It's getting sooooo tough now.

I go back to work in September, (currently on maternity leave) so hoping once i'm back in work mode the diet will be easier.

What's your dissertation on? I remember doing mine about 9 years ago. I definately couldn't do one now though! Have you got much more to do?
  • MimmyPandaMimmyPanda Posts: 219
    Oh 7 weeks vintage_princess - bet you're well excited!
    Marie,

Its' due in a month, it's not going too bad but I really hate it now!!!

That's strange to hear that Elena hasn't got back to you, they have with us and very quickly too.

I am thinking of joining Slimming World in September. I used to go to Weight Watchers but I have gotten too used to it and I think I need a challenge, do you recommend Sliming World? Well done on the 2 stone 9lbs!

Jo.

• hey we are getting married in santorini in 5 WEEKS!! cant wait! dont worry i didnt hear from elena for a while they dont need to sort that much out untill just before really x
  • We fly to Rhodes a week tomorrow and get married 2 weeks today!!! I can really not believe how quickly it has come around. Our ceremony is in the Kalithea Spa and we have booked a wedding banquet in a resturant in Old Rhodes Town. Can't wat!! My mum and dad had a 'Greek night' in their house last week for the 72(!)friends and family that are flying out with us. Greek food, drink, music and dancing to get us all in the mood!!It was brilliant! Have fun with all of your planning and the build up girls...it will be here before you know it!! x
    Maybe Elena is the slow one and Michael is quicker....?!!!

Jo, would definately recommend SW. Once you get your head around it it's pretty easy to follow. The bonus is you don't have to weigh foods and have different days where certain foods are free to eat as much as you like!!

Not long to go before you finish your dissertation.....then PARTY TIME!!

Kellbells, I love Rhodes. We've been twice and visited the Old town. It's amazing there. Have you been before? If you get time take a trip to Lindos, it's stunning.

Not long for you either, rosebud. Where is your ceremony/reception? Ours is at Santo Winery then on to the Santorini Princess.

Good to know Elena didn't contact you much either. If I email her she does get back to me quickly but she hasn't asked me anything other than about the date and venues. I just thought she was busy with all the brides out there now.....??

• we are having it all at the santorini princess! yeh I was the same i think she sorts your package out around 3 months before, dont worry i was a bit worried but she is great at sorting everything in the end we are all done im sooooooo excited image
    How exciting. I will want all the details and pic's on your return!!! What dress are you wearing?

Can I ask you a few things? Are you having Elena to co-ordinate the reception or will she leave you after the ceremony? What food are you having? At the moment we have just decided to go for the buffet and are trying to narrow the lists down! It's hard as everything sounds so good!

Thanks!

Marie image
  • I'm wearing victoria jane - sabrina! its a fishtail i love it! yeh they are there for the whole thing.

We were going to have a buffet but you have to remember that as everyone will be on holiday they will be eating out every night so we went for a sit down as we want this meal to be the most special. I think we have meat menu A!
  • janeyptjaneypt Posts: 175
    I'm Kalithea Spring too, June 2011, Kellbells - where are you having your reception? We fancied old town too, but am anxious about booking somewhere I haven't been. Am anxious about everything just now though...
  • NowMrsGNowMrsG Posts: 27
    Hi

We are getting married in Zante, Tsilvi in 33 days time, eee!

Where in Kos are you getting wed? I might be able to help with any questions you have, I worked in Kos for 5 years. I would have got married myself there but my H2B has never been so I didn't think it would have the same meaning to him, so we chose Zante XX
    Hi

I did a season in Rhodes a few years ago and lived in the Old Town, one of our favourite restaurants was Romeos in the Old Town, its got a fantastic atmosphere lovely setting and very reasonbly priced, its situated just off Socrates Street. They have their own website! There are lots of other choices in Rhodes Town if you want to be closer to the main square, and to be honest we never really had a bad meal in any of them. A few others that I can think of are Taman and Marco Polo. If you want something extra special try Wonder - a Scandanavian run Restaurant serving amazing food, quite pricey and nearer to the new town but beautiful, this was always a special occassion restaurant for me and the team! Hope this helps X
  • janeyptjaneypt Posts: 175
    thanks very much MrsGTwoB that's really helpful. I had looked at Romeos, think they have dancing there which appealed to me!!
  • sarahh1974sarahh1974 Posts: 75
    Hi Mrs GTwoB

We get married in Zante in 33 days too, 28th Auguust!!!

Where are you getting married?

Who have you used.

Sarah

xx
  • MimmyPandaMimmyPanda Posts: 219
    Hi MrsGTwoB

We are staying in Kardamena but getting married in Kos town hall as the town hall near to Kardamena may not be available for weddings next yr due to elections this Oct!

Hi Pink angel

Eeee, how exciting! We are getting married at The Balcony Hotel in Tsilvi at 7.15pm, originally we were getting married on the 27th and it changed about a month ago. We are having our reception at The Balcony also, and are booked through Olympic Holidays.

Where are you getting married, and have you made all your arrangements or doing most when you arrive?

Hi MrsJ2b

Have you been to Kardamena before? Where are you staying? Thats where I was based, I absolutley love, love, love it, I can give you a few suggestions for restaurants etc if you wish? Who have you booked through? Kos Town is lovely, you will get some great photos if you get married there, although just as nice in Kardemena.

The time will fly so quickly, its been a year since we booked ours and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown! X
  • sarahh1974sarahh1974 Posts: 75
    Hi MrsGTwoB

Date Twin!!!!!!!

We get married at 6pm at Bouka Beach / Alexandra Palace hotel.

Have booked our holiday and wedding seperate and used Ionian weddings based in the UK for the wedding. We then deal with Zante weddings when we get there. Have our pre weding meeting booked for Saturday 21st, day after we arrive and will just need to sort out flowers. Only have a really tiny wedding....8 of us in total, so will just find a nice restaurant for a meal afterwards.

How's all your plans going?

Sarah

xx

Hi Sarah

Sounds fab, have read some really positive reviews about Alexandra Palace/Bouka Beach weddings, it's going to be lovely and a nice intimate wedding with the 8 of you. We are having 18 guests, close family and my best friend and her children. I have been quite laid back about the whole thing, don't know if that's good or bad, ha ha! We pre-booked our photographs and video, organised the reception, seen the menus and everything else we will do when we arrive, we meet our wedding co-ordinator the day after we arrive, I have been e-mailing her but think I have now exhausted all my questions. I just really need to sort my flowers, have seen some gorgeous ones on photographs, and the cakes having been getting good reviews, although I'm not sure if we are having a cake.

I wonder if we will have the same registrar doing the service, make sure your not late, ha ha, only joking?

Have you been on Just Zante? They have some really good information on restaurants including reviews etc and you can even take a virtual tour around the streets!

Won't be long now, I'm starting to get very excited, meeting my best friend today for lunch and her daughter who is my bridesmaid, they are visiting from the south, so I don't see them often and I know this will get me even more excited.

Bye for now

Vicki XX

Double post
    Drat those double posts!!!!!