Forum home Weddings abroad

I got married last month at the Riu Cypria Bay in Paphos

Hi, if anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to try and help. I was not aware of a lot of the extras before I went and I wish I could have been advised before I went. We had an amazing day! I will try and put some photos on. We got the sunset photos and they are well worth the extra money!

• Hello,

Hope you had a lovely time.

I am getting married at paphos town hall next april but staying at the riu cypria bay. do you know how much hair dressers/make up costs at the hotel? Also who did you photos and flowers.

thanks

kerri x
  • Our photos were in with the package with Thomas Cook and I took my own artificial flowers.

The hairdressers is really expensive, 96EUROS for the brides hair and 68EUROS for make up. It did last, which I was really surprised at as I felt like I had been really sweating! Think this is a sort of norma price. I got a discount as I was with Thomas Cook, they get a different price apparently so it was 68EUROS for hair and 51EUROS for make up.
  • I can't get the photos on individually so i've added some to an album on photobox so I hope this link will work.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/469049560
  • Love the pictures.

Where did you get your artificial flowers, have looked on a few websites (sarahs flowers) but cant decide whether to get artificial or to sort out when get to cyprus. Thought it would be easier if i sort this before we go.

Also which package did you use through thomas cook for your photos, there are so many to chooose from??

68 euros is not too bad is it, was this for your hair?

Sorry for all the questions.

kerri x

• Yip, with Thomas Cook its 68EUROS but if you are with anyone else its 96EUROS, which I think is rather expensive.

I just took the standard 24 photo package and then when we got there we added the sunset photos which was about 200EUROS and we bought the cd with all of the photos which was 415EUROS, this had just under 300 photos on it.

I bought my flowers from ebay, they looked real, everyone thought they were real, for my bouquet, the 2 bridesmaids and the 2 flowergirl wands, it was £100.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!
  • jemrajemra Posts: 355
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

I got married at the Riu Cypria Bay on the 29th July. it was amaaaazing. I'm a bit slack in getting my wedding pics / report up though x

Going to have a peek at your pics now image
  • jemrajemra Posts: 355
    Gorgeous! I love the blue you chose.

I got goose bumps seeing the ones of you walking over the pool bridge image

Loved that hotel!
  • new-mrsbnew-mrsb Posts: 2,015 New bride
    Awwww me too with the goose bumps, congrats Mrs Porter, i shall think of you girls when i'm back there in 19 days