Forum home Weddings abroad

decorating st elias garden venue, Protaras, Cyprus

Hi all

Im getting married on 27th May next year at st elias garden venue in protaras. Ive seen some pics on medweds website of the venue decorated by a supplier they use and also some pics of venue with no decorations and it looks pretty naf without...

Contacted Olympic holidays whom i have arranged my wedding with to ask how i go about decorating it and hey said i would have to wait until i got into resort and ask my wedding planner if i am able to arrange it. What if i am unable to when i am there? Wondered if anyone else has been or is getting married there, what you did or have done about decorating the venue? I contacted the supplier that medweds use and they charge £200 to decorate it but said they will need notice as wedding season is very busy.... What to do??? xxx image

• pompeyukpompeyuk Posts: 176
    Hi Louibeth

I can probably get it done cheaper for you but the cost really depends what decaration you are having Medweds are very good at what they do. If I can be of any help to you please get back to me.

Denise xx
  • Hi,

Im also getting married at st elias gardens next year on 3rd june. I hadn't really thought about the decoration of the venue but have encountered a few probs with thomas cook who we booked our wedding with. I have also been told i cannot book a reception venue until we arrive in resort.

I have been emailing the wedding co-ordinators in cyprus who have been very helpful and eased my worries.

• I got married at St. Elias Gardens on 20th May this year and had the venue decorated which was organised by Kerry from the aisle of love. I think it cost about 170 euros. You could always contact paralimini town hall who should be able to help you.

If you want to see any pics let me know.

[email protected]

Best of Luck image
  • Hi, I'm getting married at the St Elias gardens on 6th June '11.I've booked with medweds. I havent decided if i'm having it decorated yet but i think i need to have and paid for it by 20 weeks before. It cost 195 euros. I probably will as it does look a bit plain without.
  • cyprusncyprusn Posts: 355
    Have a look at Aphrodite Wedding Decor, the ladies do a fabulous job and make the venues look beautiful

hth

cyprusn
  • I know! I was looking at your photos when i was thinking of booking this venue and noticed you had yours decorated... your pics were gorgeous! Have contacted the lady who emailed me a quote for decorating to book her services but she hasnt got back to me - how rude!
  • hi beckie

i booked with olympic who said i could book reception when i arrived in resort which i wasnt happy with so ive just gone and booked it myself! Im having my reception at Nissiotis beach restaurant which overlooks the beach and is not too far from st elias gardens. Its 30euros per head for meze and you get your own area of the restaurant which is decorated already, and then they provide you with a free DJ til late. My mum visited Protaras in June and checked out some venues for me that id seen on internet and some once youve had your meal etc - thats it you have to move on. She said she saw quite a few brides doing bar crawls!!
  • Hi Louibeth

Yes we have been told to just book and not wait until we get there so thomas cook's can do it for us, it's stressful enough without booking your venue days before you get married! We are going to have a good look around then decide, yeah we went to protaras, cyprus in june this year and saw loads of brides in bars later at night!

Good luck with the plans x
  • Hey!

Im getting married at elias gardens 13th may 2011, any chance i could have a look at your pictures please?

Thanks

Steph
  • cazmack1cazmack1 Posts: 253
    Hi,i am getting married june 2012 at st elias gardens, if anyone could share some photos of venue or comments with me would be very grateful. We have booked through medweds and have to say they have been excellent so far, also we plan to have a meal afterwards in clarabels in ayia napa so again any photos or comments are gratefully received.image
  • lelou1lelou1 Posts: 17
    Hi im getting married at st Elias gardens on the 2 june'11 then have booked Nissiotis for our reception. i was going to arrange decorating st Elias with my wedding rep when we arrive. I hope they can arrange it! xx
  • Hi

I'm getting married next May and would love to see pictures of the wedding venue as booked with Medweds but would love to see how it will look all decorated. I have been having doubts about the venue so any feedback would be great.

Kind Regards,

Nicola