Villa antiche mura - Sorrento, fantastic wedding venue!!!

Hi Ladies

I had a lot of help from other brides when planning my wedding in Italy so just wanted to write a review of our wedding from August this year, and hopefully return the favour for the other brides to be, this is my review of Villa Antiche Mura in Sorrento

We initially searched all over Tuscany and couldnt find a suitable venue, and then decided to look at Sorrento, and stumbled upon Villa Antiche mura on one of many internet searches, I emailed the owner to express an interest and he replied straight away providing with lots of options for our wedding day. We then flew out to Sorrento a few months later to look at venues, the first was Relais Blu, we were stunned by the amazing view but something didnt feel quite right for us and we didnt like the restrictions with the music etc, next we looked at Bellevue Syrene which was stunning but one of our guests was in a wheelchair so it wouldnt have been suitable, finally we went to see Villa Antiche Mura, and everything was perfect, the venue is beautiful and the views are breath-taking we knew straight away it was perfect for us. Over the next few months I organised my wedding over email and must have sent hundreds of emails back and forth each one was replied to quickly and efficiently.

Michele the owner is fantastic and professional, we didnt need to use a wedding planner and he helped with everything, he provided quotes on his suppliers for us, but if we wanted to shop around and get a better price he was happy for us to do this also - nothing was a problem or an issue, I put my complete trust in him and he definitely did not let us down.

We had 48 guests at the wedding and they were all completely wowed by the venue, it had been dressed beautifully for the day, exactly as I had requested as well, with ivory roses everywhere, for the food we offered a choice between 2 starters and 2 mains, the sea bass and lasagne were the clear winners, the cake was beautiful and looked great.

The DJ was very good and we were glad we chose to have one in the end as initially we were thinking of using an IPOD dock, we gave him a play list and he pretty much stuck to it exactly, and he even let me know at the end of the night when there were only 3 songs left to play and asked me which ones I would like.

For favours we had bottles of Limoncello for our guests and wooden soldier toys for the children (all boys) which went down well, and we also gave out cigars to the men later on, all of which were bought in the shops in Sorrento town.

I used the hairdresser recommended by Michele she was lovely and very professional, she said she normally does around 150 weddings a year so she is very experienced, although I would recommend taking pictures of the style you want to help her. My mum had her hair done in a salon in Sorrento and they did a brilliant job and charged her around 20 euros

We didnt use the florist recommended by Michele in the end we went to Peppe at Fiori Sorrento [email protected] on Via S Cesareo, he did a brilliant job and delivered the flowers to our hotel on the day of the weddding, he charged us around 170-180 euros for 1 brides bouquet, 3 bridesmaids and 4 buttonholes.

The day completely flew by and we loved every minute, Michele and his staff were brilliant and our guests were completely wowed by the day, if you are thinking of using this venue please do not hesitate you will not regret it, it was outstanding!!!

• Ladies it also worth mentioning that even michele charges to hire the villa - he includes a lot more within this price e.g. chair covers, all the flowers to dress the villa and the wedding cake