Desperate for recommendations for wedding venue in Italy or Spain for 150 guests -please help

I've been searching the internet for the last 6 months desperate to find a wedding venue for 150 guests in or near the locations below:

-San Gimignano, Tuscany Italy

-Amalfi Coast, Italy (Postiano is a favourite)

-Andalucia, Spain

The size of my wedding is proving really difficult to find a good venue that is reasonable in price and allows dancing until late at night.

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

• Hi there,

I got married in San Gimignano last June. We had our ceremony at the town hall and our reception at this villa:

http://www.villadiulignano.it

You have to book the villa for a whole week, but once you have, it is all yours to do whatever you like! We were dancing by the pool until 5am the night of our wedding! The only problem I can think of is if you have 150 guests then a lot of them would have to stay elsewhere (the villa sleeps 40 max) and there isn't really anywhere within walking distance, so you'd need taxis etc late at night. Our wedding planner was Ben of ItalyWeddings, http://www.italyweddings.com who I thoroughly recommend and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about your plans.

Good luck - San Gimignano is beautiful if that's where you choose!
  • el_mawerel_mawer Posts: 2
    Thanks so much -that's great
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    Are you inviting 150 people or have that many definitely confirmed they are coming. From my experience with a wedding abroad, many people are excited about the idea but when it comes to actually booking a lot will drop out. So for instance we have invited about 60, about 50 have said they are definitely coming, so my expectations are around 35 will actually come. xx
  • sarahs1982sarahs1982 Posts: 441
    Although I'm not sure if they can cater for 150, we're having our wedding at Hacienda de San Rafael in Seville. Their website is www.haciendadesanrafael.com. I'm sure they cater for 100 but not too sure if they would stretch to 150. Its always worth enquiring though!

We completely fell in love with the Hacienda as soon as we arrived its so beautiful and you get exclusive use of the hotel for the whole weekend x.
  • Hi,

My parents have a holiday home in Sotogrande in Andalucia, and the Almenara hotel in Sotogrande is just gorgeous (www.hotelalmenara.com). Would be amazing for a wedding! We visit the hotel regularly for meals and spa treatments, and I can't fault it. Definately worth a look I would say image

xx
  • Hi there,

there are many venues which can easily cater for your group and allow music until late at night.

Our company is a small company that covers all Italy, we've got 8 offices int he most beautiful parts of Italy.

If you want to drop us an email we would be happy to help.

[email protected]

If you would like to have a look at some of the venues check out our facebook page called WEDDINGS BY SPOSIAMOVI or our website www.sposiamovi.it

We will be at La Dolce Vita Show next week which is taking place in London.

If you would like to meet the team we'll be happy to send you tickets.

Best regards,

SposiamoVi Team
  • olisueolisue Posts: 15
    Hi ya,

We are getting married in a church in Benahavis (near Marbella) and having our reception at the Gran Hotel just down the road. We are planning on having 130 guests and that wasnt a problem for them. We did see a few venues on our first trip over and there was a place called the Cortijo de Cortes (think this comes under Benahavis) which was stunning too and catered for big weddings. Very Spanish-y!

Good luck and hope you find something you love image
  • eva2011eva2011 Posts: 5
    Hi have you tried Romantic Italain weddings - i went to see all large venues that i coudl see in Italy as there is 80 coming to our venue but i decided on Villa Baroncino in the end the villa sleeps 50 and is pricer but i am keeping family there and there are loads much cheaper villas nearby for teh other guests - H2b family are staying in a villa 5 mins walk away it sleeps 14 with 8 bathrooms and is 3k for the week
  • LucyskyeLucyskye Posts: 2
    Have you considered the Algarve Portugal?
  • leanne600leanne600 Posts: 16
    Hi, Have you looked at Lake Como? Im getting married there in June 2012, ive been in touch with Italian Lakes Weddings and they have been very helpful! A venue im looking at is Casta Diva Resort, we are having the ceremony over looking the lake and reception open air all at the same venue. We are intending to invite 100 as we know not all will be able to come.

Leanne
  • Ciao,

Not sure if you got the right place yet. However in the evnet you're still thinking of a wedding in Italy, get the chance of getting in touch with us through our blog at http://www.weddingplanneradvisor.blogspot.com/.

Rossana Sapori

www.weddingsinitaly.it
  • Hi there,

I saw your post and felt I had to reply. We are not in your main search area as we are on Lake Garda but it's a beautiful spot and I do have a castle venue where you can have both the ceremony and the reception and it could easily fit your numbers. It really is quite something special if you'd like more info please get in touch www.weddingsatlakegarda.com