Forum home Weddings abroad

Anyone getting married in Kalithea, Rhodes???

Hi everyone,

I have just recently got engaged and we are planning on getting married aug 2012. We really fancy Kalithea Spa in rhodes, can anyone tell me what its like? Also wanted ideas on where we could have a reception? I have been looking on some websites but not really sure what to go for and there doesn't seem to be much information on the prices of receptions. Can anyone help? image

• gfotellisgfotellis Posts: 4
    Hi i am getting married next week in rhodes at this location its out of this world i recommend this place its cool inside aswel, i also recomend to go with the wedding planner beverly from falaraki she is great, i went and booked mine with thomas cook and had a nightmare with them, there not bothered about you, had so much more help from beverly, i also recommend athalon photography, there lovely and help with any questions there on face book and also if you google them there website will come up.

for my reception am going to marios in falaraki again if you google this it will come up, its around 33 euros for four people for a meze, its really nice food is mouth watering also on a harbour, am actually getting a boat cruise from kalithea springs to the reception. hairdresser i recommed sami any details you would like to know just let me know.

you can email them all and they will get back to you, tell them i have recommended them to you!

good luck with the wedding and all the planning!

its all exciting and will soon be here!

gemmaimage
  • Emma632Emma632 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Congratulations on your wedding, hope it was everything you dreamed of! I am too getting married at Kalithea Spa but next year (2012) it looks gorgeous and I'm so excited. I'm in the process of stressing myself out with regards to accommodation and where to stay. Have you got any ideas?? Also what do you recommend for hair and make-up etc, oooh and transport for us and guests (if we need it) do you know of any costs etc. Sorry for all questions image

Emma
  • janeyptjaneypt Posts: 175
    Hi

I have just returned from Rhodes, also married at Kalithea Springs. We were married at 7pm and it was lovely and cool. The venue really is amazing. You get the venue for one hour for photos, and the one thing we regret is that our guests were bundled straight back on to the coach after the ceremony without the chance to look around themselves whilst we had photos done. this is alink to some of my photos.

http://cid-ae99693bb9e5b4de.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/wedding 2011

Out photographer is based in Rhodes, he is Antonis Giannelis (www.giannleis.com) and was really fab. We booked through Thomson but I didn't want to use anyone they supplied. My hair was done by Carly De Silva ([email protected])who is just lovely. Thomson sorted out the bus and taxi for us which were both fab, but our reception was back at our hotel which was the Atlantica Imperial in Kolymbia, we had a beach bbq which was amazing, and organised by the hotel itself, although thomson did say I could have had a taverna in Lindos for a third of the price, it's up to you but I was thrilled with our reception. I did my own make up and was happy with it but Carly also does make up if you need.

I think the bus was 290 euro, the wedding car 150 euro and hair for my mum and I was 110 euro.

Any specific questions feel free to ask or pm. xx
  • Hello

I am looking at Kalithea for 2012 also. were looking at booking it through Planet weddings. Does anyone know of any nice tavernas near preferably not falaraki somewhere a little more quiet. Does anyone know how much a boats costs to go to your reception?

Thank you
  • mrsu2be1mrsu2be1 Posts: 2
    Quoted:
    Hi

I have just returned from Rhodes, also married at Kalithea Springs. We were married at 7pm and it was lovely and cool. The venue really is amazing. You get the venue for one hour for photos, and the one thing we regret is that our guests were bundled straight back on to the coach after the ceremony without the chance to look around themselves whilst we had photos done. this is alink to some of my photos.

http://cid-

ae99693bb9e5b4de.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/wedding%202011

Out photographer is based in Rhodes, he is Antonis Giannelis (www.giannleis.com) and was really fab. We booked through Thomson but I didn't want to use anyone they supplied. My hair was done by Carly De Silva ([email protected])who is just lovely. Thomson sorted out the bus and taxi for us which were both fab, but our reception was back at our hotel which was the Atlantica Imperial in Kolymbia, we had a beach bbq which was amazing, and organised by the hotel itself, although thomson did say I could have had a taverna in Lindos for a third of the price, it's up to you but I was thrilled with our reception. I did my own make up and was happy with it but Carly also does make up if you need.

I think the bus was 290 euro, the wedding car 150 euro and hair for my mum and I was 110 euro.

Any specific questions feel free to ask or pm. xx

hi could u email me with some info about your reception as thats exactly what i am looking for a bbq on the beach my email address is [email protected] thanks
  • adelecamadelecam Posts: 2
    Hi was wondering if anyone can get some advice my cousin has just booked Kalithea spa....but is staying in Kolymbia and she's since read a thing staying she needs to stay in Kalithea to get married there also does Kalithea allow receptions if not can anyone give anywhere that does thank you so much the best maid lolz xxx