Thomson weddings

Hi All,

I have booked our wedding through Thomson in Turkey for september 2011. Has anyone used Thomson before or using them at all? I am just wondering as to how involved they are with organising everything for the big day?

Any info would be great.

Lou xx

• Thats great thank you so much for this information.

We had our wedding date confirmed in about 2 weeks which was great, but the wedding planners dont start there until april- so i cant do anything til then. Although its not long.

Our travel agent has been great so far too.

Have they organised your flowers, cake, reception and decorations etc?

• Elope2011Elope2011 Posts: 385
    Hiya,

Our booking is through Thomson. Initially, they were useless. Couldn't give us a date, then they 'lost' our paperwork saying they needed it filled in again, but a month later miraculously found it. Anyway, once all that got sorted, and it was eventually handed over to the planners based in Cyprus, they've been great.

They can organise as much or as little as you want them to. We've actually organised our own reception as we want it at the hotel we're staying at. We've also organised our own photographer too. Once at resort, Thomson will be meeting with us to arrange our cake, flowers, appointment at the town hall etc.

If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm in the final stages now, less than 2 weeks til I fly!
    Aww, thanks Sorrentobride. I am stupidly excited now image Only 12 days til we get there image I can't believe we've had everything booked for 14 months and now we're in the final stretch!

I will definitely come back and share pictures image

Your wedding will be here before you know it xx
  • All the info is great, i cant wait to start planning mine now. Have an amazing wedding elope2011, you will have to share photos etc when your back. image
  • Also how are you all getting your dresses there just out of interest?

• janeyptjaneypt Posts: 175
    hi

Thomson were also initially useless with me but seem to be better now I have details of the people in Greece. 9 weeks to go!! I bought a box from the empty box company which matches the size dimensions allowed on Thomson, the dress shop will pack it for me. xx
  • LilyPopLilyPop Posts: 42

I'm awaiting my box, should be here beginning of next week. It's almost exact dimensions of hand luggage and comes with acid free paper to wrap the dress in. Will be interesting to see if I can fit my dress in it lol! Might have to sit on the box to keep it shut image
    My shop said they would pack mine too, but that's probably because they sell the boxes. I've bought my box cheaper off e-bay so I'd feel a bit weird about taking the box and the dress and saying "pack it for me please" lol! I'll be getting it steamed when I'm in Cyprus so if I have to shove it in all creased, that's okay lol!
    I paid £20 for mine (well, it's apparently £12 plus £7.99 p&p lol!). The bridal shop sell them for £20 too but they're a bit smaller than the one I've bought.
  • Where abous did you get yours from?
  • Hi Everyone!

We are hoping to book our wedding in Sorrento next month for next June, through Thomson. I am buying a travel box for my dress off of e-bay they are alot cheaper than other on-line stores so have a look!

Has anybody booked a restaurant and photographer through Thomson. I am not sure whether to try to do it ourselves directly or whether to leave it down to Thomson? Any suggestions?!

Also, is anybody taking a big dress abroad alot of people I have spoken to have only taken the slim grecian styles!

Thanks image

Charl xx

P.S. I have just called the shop I am getting my dress from to ask them if they will pack my dress and they said they cannot pack my dress as it is against the law..because check in staff will ask if anybody has packed my items?
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    Thats rubbish. As long as you are there while they pack it, then you can see they are not putting anything dodgy in there. Think they are just trying to get out of it. Know loads of brides that have had their dresses packed and loads that have taken the bigger dress styles so dont worry xx
  • Thanks Jokaty,

I think i'm going to see if a different store will pack it for me because they really will not do it for me! I'm also worried that the dress will weigh more than 5kg once packed, so may have to go in the hold anyway! image xx
  • Hi I've booked through thomsons and up till now they've been fantastic I've booked my photos with them and just waiting for them to confirm booking on reception I've emailed them loads (they are probably sick of hearing from me ) but they've still got back to me pretty much straight away x it's 12 weeks till the wedding but hopefully they will keep up the good work image I've also got a box of eBay cost 24 pound but it's personalised with my name and wedding date on it the lady I'm getting my dress from said they would pack it but not to tell them at the airport or they will make you unpack it and check it x hope this helps
  • Hi I've booked through thomsons and up till now they've been fantastic I've booked my photos with

them and just waiting for them to confirm booking on reception I've emailed them loads (they are probably sick of hearing from me ) but they've still got back to me pretty much straight away x it's 12 weeks till the wedding but hopefully they will keep up the good work image I've also got a box of eBay cost 24 pound but it's personalised with my name and wedding date on it the lady I'm getting my dress from said they would pack it but not to tell them at the airport or they will make you unpack it and check it x hope this helps
  • Hi Janetlouise

Do you mind me asking how big your dress (traditional or the slim grecian style?) is i'm wondering about the weight of mine in the travel box because Thomson have told me the 5 kg hand luggage allowance is a strict limit and I must stick to it otherwise the dress will have to be checked in and go in the hold. Good luck I bet you're dead excited with only 12 weeks to go!! Glad to hear you have managed to book some things through them!!

My shop won't budge on packing it so i think i will have to enlist some help if it is within the weight limit!!

xx
  • My dress is traditional but felt alot lighter than some I tried on so hoping it will fit really don't want it to go in the hold I though about taking some suitcase scales into the dress shop to weigh it make sure it's not above I still might when I go for my final fitting x yeh I'm really excited now can't wait image and don't worry if they won't pack it the box comes with instructions how to pack it yourself x
  • Perfect! thanks for your help I am a bit more at ease now lol me and my fiance have been putting tins of beans in a bucket for me to get something close to the weight...I don't think mine is going to weigh near the 5KG after that! Are you going to get your dress steamed when you arrive?

xx

P.S good idea about the suitcase scales I will do that at my final fitting!
  • No problems glad to help image I'm hoping not to have it steamed the dress shop said to hang it in the bathroom with the shower running and the steam should sort it out my only problem is how to do this without h2b seeing ! Gonna see how it goes x that's funny about the bean tins lol x good luck and amything else I can help you with just let me know x
  • Couldn't you get one of those wedding cover bags to hang it in so he couldn't see it whilst it's in the bathroom? or i'm going to hang mine in a friends hotel room is that an option for you?

xx
  • Yeh I'm getting a bag but it will need to be uncovered so the steam gets to it and the people who are coming with us as kids and I'm scared they will dirty it ! My kids will be banned from the bathroom lol hopefully it will steam straight away them I can put it in the bag x fingers crossed x