Reception music in Cyprus!

I was wondering how I go about having music at our wedding reception...we are getting married in Cyprus and are probably having part of the restaurant just for us, but other guests will be in close range...I dont know how it all works, or do I just contact the hotel direct? sorry to sound clueless image

Also, does anyone have any idea what music was playing for Tanya's wedding reception in Eastenders last fri??!! Wasnt much of it as they didnt have the reception lol but I really like it... image

• dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    Hi there

If your reception is in the resteraunt, they should be able to provide a system for yoy to play your own music on. If it is in the hotel, they too will have a system that you can use, or of course you could hire a DJ, but to be honest i remember this was an expensive option as there are laws within hotels with regard to how late they can play music for if it is outside.
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    Hi Helen,

We are having Danny Mountain. He is a DJ and singer. We saw him sing in a bar in Paphos when we were over there and he is very good. Lots of English couples have him. You would need to check with your reception venue that its ok, but he knows most of them xx
  • mum2011mum2011 Posts: 212
    Thanks for your replies. I will have to speak with the hotel but at the mo, an ipod is prob going to be our choice.

We have such a small party that it wouldnt be worth hiring out a DJ or band unfortunately image

do most hotels have a docking station do you think? x
  • Elope2011Elope2011 Posts: 385
    Our hotel were already playing music into the restaurant. I wasn't bothered about what music was playing, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't even notice what was playing, I was too busy chatting lol!
  • NurseYatesNurseYates Posts: 472
    Hi all,

Not sure if we are going to play our own music or look into a band/singer. Will have a look at Danny Mountain on youtube i,ve heard a few great reviews on him.

P.S the music on eastenders was a version of unchained melody, i think !!!!!
  • marthapanmarthapan Posts: 18
    you can hire a dj. there are many sites that you can find someone to play music. if you were in greece my husband can do it to you for free
  • Amanda2BAmanda2B Posts: 9
    This is what I'm trying to do to sort some amazing music out...

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1502321
  • catj0catj0 Posts: 71
    I to am trying to find out about music for my ceremony and reception. I have been told we can take our own CD's but I would prefer to use Ipods, again I do not know if our hotel have a docking station for this, we are getting married at the Atlantica sun garden hotel and hired a gazebo for the reception.
  • lovekittlovekitt Posts: 29
    Hi guys - I already replie dto something similar but check that the hotel a) has a docking station or b) has speakers etc. A lot of people turn up onteh day with CDs and the hotel has nowhere to play them as lots of function rooms are "splittable" rooms (ie they can move the walls to make more rooms) and also if the room is big you may not hear the music. plus you may get an odd mix if you "shuffle". DJs arent expensive - the maximum you will pay is 600 euros. I used Lee at All generation discos and he was lovely. his website is http://www.allgenerationdiscos.co.uk/
  • I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU THE VIOLIN DUET FROM RONDOALLACYPRIA.COM

THEIR REPERTOIRE IS VAST FROM LOCAL TO CLASSICAL,NEAPOLITAN TO BROADWAY e.t.c.

IN THE SAME SITE YOU CAN FIND STRING QUARTET OR FLUTE WITH hARPIST AND MORE..

I GOT MARRIED TWO WEEKS AGO AND AFTER A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I RECOMMEND THEM STRONGLY image
  • We're having a DJ and it's costing us 350 Euros for 5-6 hours, but if you aren't having many guests I'm sure a ipod or cds would be fine, just check with your venue
  • Janet48Janet48 Posts: 59 New bride

I can recommend a site called FixTheMusic – they have a lot of local musicians on Cyprus. You just need to fill in the details of your event and musicians then provide quotes to you directly by email.

Hope this helps :)