Forum home Weddings abroad

Wedding Abroad Invitation Poem

Hi,

I'm getting married in Cuba, but I know a lot of people won't be able to make it. Therefore I'd like to invite them to the reception, but also to the actual day. Can anyone think of a poem I could put as an insert into my invitations?

So far I've got:

We invite you to our Wedding day,

Which is so very far away

(which isn't really much lol)

Please help!!!

Shell xXx

• This isn't a poem but this is the insert we put into our invites.

We really hope you will be able to join us in New York on the xxx September 2011 to help us celebrate our marriage, however we do appreciate this is a huge ask and may not be possible for some.

The ceremony will be held in xxxx at xxx and this will be followed by an evening reception in a Top Secret location.

We depart London Heathrow on xxxx on flight xxx and will be staying in xxxxx on Times Square for x nights we will then depart JFK as Mr & Mrs on xxxx on flight xxxx.

As many of you know there are hundreds of hotels and flights so please don't feel you are restricted to these dates. We have booked through xxx but have also found Virgin and Bon Voyage to be very competitive.

As we will be booking a reception in New York we would be very grateful if you could let us know by June 2011 if you are booked or plan to book.

For those of you that are unable to join us in New York we have booked an evening reception at The xxx, xxx on xxx September 2011, so we hope to celebrate with you there.

We really hope you can join us and make our day as memorable as possible.
  • This is what i am thinking of sending to my guests in a bottle so like a message in a bottle, and then invitations afterwards when we decide where we are going... might be no good but you might be able to adapt it. Let me know what you think?

a message in a bottle…..

We send to you this letter, explaining our wedding plan

We’d love you to be there, and we’re hoping that you can.

We will be getting married abroad somewhere nice and hot

We wish we could pay for you but it would cost us quite a lot!

For this reason we are asking you to bear our date in mind

So if you wished to join us, we’d think it awfully kind

We realise it may not be possible for everyone to come

And understand if you cannot attend as it may be a hefty sum…

We cannot give an exact date as it’s so far in advance

But giving you this notice means you might just have a chance

We plan to marry in July 15 and we hope you can be there

But if you can’t please don’t worry as we’ll be celebrating here.

We need to finalise the details the destination and such

We will keep you updated on the info and we will definitely be in touch.

So for now we hope you will consider the pending wedding day

Give us a call to discuss anything you might just want to say….

Hoping you can be there xxx

Shane & Naomi

• tezzie1987tezzie1987 Posts: 70

Glittery Sparkle , Where in cuba are you getting married ? Im a cuba bride wedding is october 19th : - )

We did pocket fold invites to send for people to invite abroad  were really good cost us £1.50 each completly bespoke and normal invites for party back  home will see if i can attach some pics welcome to message me if you wanna see how we worded ours

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

We put something similar to New York Butterfly on our save the date postcards - being honest I'm not a fan of poems on wedding invites

Then I made passport wedding invites image

• Hi tezzie1987

can you please send me the contact of who made your wedding invited please?

Thanks Katie xx

• DrunnerDrunner Posts: 23

Tezzie1987 - I love your invites. Can you tell me where you got them from? If you dont mind image

• Hi i make invitations very simular to this please visit my website www.bloomingartstationery.com 

•  Naomi, I love that poem, hope you don't mind if I pinch it?!image xx

• Hey Heliganenden where did you get your invties from? i love them

I made them myself, I have a template I can send you if you want to send me your email address?

• Mrs 2BMrs 2B Posts: 75

Hi Heliganeden, i absolutley love your invitations, i see you made them yourself and have a template. I am a while off the invite stage but would love if you could send me some info over on how you made them??

I had a template someone from here intially sent me, which I amended with my own info and then printed out, it was time consuming making it all match up right and getting the info together but making them was simple, just trimming the pages and sewing them in image

If you want the template let me know your email address and I can forward it over

• Mrs 2BMrs 2B Posts: 75

Well it deffo looks like it was worth the time...they do look brilliant.

Yeah that would be great if you could its [email protected]

Thanks image

• x

• Hello, Im wondering if I could also ask for the template! They are beautiful looking!

/forum/smilies/[email protected]][email protected]

Hope you dont mind, thanks xx

• No idea what happened there,

[email protected]

• Jo35Jo35 Posts: 305

Hi Heliganeden

Dont mean to jump on the bandwagon but just wondered if you could also send me the template for the passport invites as we are marrying in Zante , I have started to jot a few things down ,I just think yours look fab 

[email protected]

Thanks Jo

X

• maggi68maggi68 Posts: 166

could you send them to me please too [email protected]

Thanks

• Seems everyone is goings abroad nowadays! I've just seen some passport invites on a website and thought they were such a good idea but your ones are absolutely fab! Could you please send me the link too hope you don't mind image thanks! Email is /forum/smilies/[email protected]][email protected] and were getting married in st lucia in feb 2015 

• Email is /forum/smilies/[email protected]][email protected] not sure what happened there lol thanks! X

• Could i please also have a passport invitation template? It looks amazing! We are getting married in Malta in 9 months and really should sort the invites out image thank you in advance. My email address is [email protected] xx
  • Hi, I love love love these invites, would it be possible for someone to send me the template please?

Thanks in advance x

• my email address may be helpful lol, [email protected] xx

• Hi, I really like these invites too, would it be possible for someone to send me the template please? It would be much appreciated. Im getting married in cuba and think this is a great idea. my email address is [email protected]

• Amazing invites! Could i get a copy of that template please- [email protected]

Thanks you xx

• Hi, they invitations are so nice I really like them. I was wondering if someone could send me the template, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!! My email is [email protected] xxx 

• Hi, they invites are really nice I really like them! I was wondering if someone could send me a template please, I would really appreciate it! Thanks! My email is [email protected] xx

• Hi, the invites look lovely. Is there any chance someone could send me a template please. Thanks xx

My email is /forum/smilies/[email protected]][email protected]

• hi, not sure if anyone has received the template but if anyone has would they be so kind to send it over to me [email protected]

Thanks so much image

• Hi,

As MRS 2B, not sure if anyone has received the template of the passport desing, but if anyone has please could you send it to me, would be very much appreciated [email protected]

Many thanks in advance