Santorini Photographer

Hi,

I'm getting married in Santorini next summer and have booked my wedding with weddings-in-santorini. As part of the package I have a photographer, but only for the ceremony. I'm interested in having a photographer for before the ceremony, to take some pictures of us getting ready and for the reception, so am considering booking my own.

Has anyone else booked a photographer in Santorini? If so, who have you used and what kind of prices are they charging? Any information will be a massive help!

• SuomibrideSuomibride Posts: 216
    Hi,

I met a brilliant photographer who works on Santorini in the summer. They are originally from New Zealand so the language barrier isn't a problem.

His name is Olaf and his website is www.CreativeShotz.com

Have a look and see what you think - I was really impressed with his work. He was considering working on Crete for 2011 but decided to stay on Santorini.

Hope this helps,
  • CazLou24CazLou24 Posts: 43
    That's great. I'll take a peak now! Thanks for your help! image
  • alinajohnalinajohn Posts: 36
    hi!

my planner sent me links from all photographers who are in Santorini and for some others that are from Athens

She also sent me the photographer Creative Shotz who is very good as I saw in his website.

see also the names below:

Nathan Wyatt

Vangelis photography

Kosta Savva

and the one from Athens who is very good too is the company Phosart.

what you can ask is to skip the photographer from your package and and choose the one you like more. Photos are a very important part of your wedding in Santorini.

Everyone of them has different charges.

Wish you the best for your wedding!

xxx

AlinaJohn
  • Dan0109Dan0109 Posts: 114
    Hi cazlou24, I'm using the same wedding planner as you, was just wondering if you new what photographer they actually use??
    Hi polly, I did have the link, but I can't find it at the moment. I'll keep looking. Are you having a photographer as part of your package? We've only got him for the ceremony time at the moment, but are considering having him for the getting ready part of the day and the speeches, it's an extra 100 euro per hour. What date are you getting married, have you picked your venue yet?
    Hey no I haven't picked anything yet, but yes was gonna do the package which includes the photographer but i may have a search around and see if I can get anything better, as yes would be nicer to have a photographer longer.Were all booked up for sat 1st sep 2012, santo winery, I've provisionally booked the prygros but still looking around. Whens your big day? You all booked up to?
    That's the only thing with the photographer in the package, you don't get them for long enough! Ooooh we are also having our ceremony at the santo winery! Our date is the 6th July, it's going to be boiling haha! We are having our reception at the santorini princess hotel, although we did consider pyrgos. We ate in pyrgos in June, and food was really nice. Also one of the rooms was set up for a wedding that afternoon and it was stunning! The views are just perfect!
    Ah good glad to no, ive never been, so great to hear good reviews! Santorini Princess looks to die for that was my other choice too! yer im gonna start looking on forums to see who others use for cakes/photograpthy etc and see what prices it works out outside the package! good luck with your planning, keep us posted!!

Good luck.

Danielle. xx
  • Mea79Mea79 Posts: 99
    Hiya!

Just wanted to let you know that we got married in June in Santo Winery and then had our reception at the SP. We also used Michael. We had family take photos before the wedding then the photohgrapher met us at the winery for an hour - he takes you off around the winery on your own too. We then went to the SP and paid for the photographer to come back later on in the evening for an hour. He took un-posed photos, e.g people mingling, chatting, eating, etc then as the sun was setting we had some lovely posed photos - hubby and I, then lots of different ones with friends and family. It was great cos we said to everyone if they wanted a prof photo with the sun setting they could as well.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

Marie xx
    Hi Marie, thats a good idea asking him to come back as im not getting married and sunset and would love photos of it. Did you use the photographer that michael gave you and just paid extra for him to come back? or did you find your own?

Danielle.
  • Mea79Mea79 Posts: 99
    Quoted:
    Hi Marie, thats a good idea asking him to come back as im not getting married and sunset and would love photos of it. Did you use the photographer that michael gave you and just paid extra for him to come back? or did you find your own? Danielle.

Yes we did use the same photographer and he was more that happy to return later.

We had him 5-6pm at winery then he returned about 7.45-8.45pm as thats when the sun starts to set. At the time of year we were there - June 23rd, the sun disappeared at 8.40 so he left just after. We just felt that there wasn't much point in him hanging around inbetween.

HTH. xx image
    What were your pictures like? I did have his website but I can't remember the name of it. I wouldn't mind having another look at his work. We're thinking of booking extra for the reception and the pre ceremony, when we're getting ready x
    Yes we did use the same photographer and he was more that happy to return later.

We had him 5-6pm at winery then he returned about 7.45-8.45pm as thats when the sun starts to set. At the time of year we were there - June 23rd, the sun disappeared at 8.40 so he left just after. We just felt that there wasn't much point in him hanging around inbetween.

HTH. xx

Oh fantastic, were gettin married at 5, so for us that would be perfect,thanks for the info!

Danielle.
  • Hi there.

I am a destination wedding photographer in Greece.

Here is my web page

http://www.giorgosevagelou.gr

If anyone interesting you can contact me.

Thanks.