Sorrento Brides... Wedding Planner or Travel Agent???

Ok so... Now that its been decided that we are going to have our wedding in Sorrento, Just wondering whether to go for a wedding planner or go through a travel agent??

So Sorrento brides... Who are you using & would u recommend them??

Thanks Haley x

• MrsD08MrsD08 Posts: 10
    Hi,

Can you tell me what hotel you are staying at please?? I am very undecided on what one to go for.

Also are your guests staying in same hotel/ other hotels or Villas??? I only ask as my wedding party all want to stay in villas so i'm trying to find reccomended ones.

Sorry for all the quetions.....i hope you dont mind??

Thankyou.

Ps- Villa Fondi is STUNNING!!! Brilliant choice!!
  • lucelalucela Posts: 551
    I think there's good & bad things about both! I think the middle man part is using the wedding planners direct instead of using a travel company to speak to a wedding planner for you. Information is then given straight to you rather than going to a travel company to speak to a wedding planner to find out dates to come back to the travel company etc etc.

We have a wedding planner called flowers & confetti and so far so good, usually gets back to me in 24hrs or less with an answer and had my date confirmed within a few hours of sending an email.

All the final little details can then be sorted at the same time which is great. Obviously I haven't had my wedding yet so cant tell you how it went but I always do my research and make sure they have good reviews.

It was out of Flowers & Confetti or Book of Dreams both of which were highly recommended but F & C were cheaper and had packages which inc photographer, bouquet etc which also allowed me to organise the reception myself.

Our ceremony is at the cloisters followed by the reception at Don pedro restaurant and we are stopping at the Continental hotel which is a 5 mins walk to ceremony through Sorrento town.

Travel agents can have great wedding packages and you usually get some freebies. What ever you choose to do just use trip advisor for reviews as they are usually non biased.

Good Luckimage
  • HaleyJFHaleyJF Posts: 90
    Sorrento Bride The De La Ville Hotel is brilliant!! I worked as a rep in Sorrento for Thomas Cook & I LOVED this Hotel!!! The staff were fantastic!!! It was one of my favourite Hotels!! The rooftop pool is stunning!!!

Another hotel i would reccommed is the Capidimonte!! I think this is the 1 that we are going to stay at!!

Just watch for some of the hotels such as the La Solara or the Jaccarino, They are gorgeous hotels but are AWAY up in the hills & you need to get a transfer bus or taxi too & from town!! Most of the hotels organise this for you for free though but for me i think it would just be a bit of a pain being away out of the way!! Others however love this about them & you get the feeling of being totally away from the world & the views are amazing!!!

Haley X
  • Hi ladies,

I have just returned from my wedding in Italy & it was just incredible. I wanted to recommend someone to any of you who are debating about wedding planners & who to use.

Maria from Perfect Italian Weddings (http://www.perfectitalianweddings.com/aboutus.htm) was an absolute angel from start to finish. Her fees are low but her services are outstanding.

I was at times probably quite demanding as I was booking everything blind so to speak & needed lots of options & reassurance - from the moment I contacted her she was brilliant; knowledgable, kind, excellent communicator. She dealt with everything for us from venues to flowers to musicians & photographer and clearly set out everything throughout the process.

Without her I would have found it incredibly difficult & she was amazing (even meeting us in Naples a few days before when we arrived to check we knew how to get to Sorrento) and also attending the wedding on the day to ensure everything went smoothly.

As far as I know she handles Rome & the Lakes as well as the Amalfi Coast - you won't find better than her anywhere in Italy!

I simply can't praise her enough.

FYI our guests that booked with Thompsons are now taking legal action against them for false promises & appalling service so be very, very careful!

Hope you all have wonderful weddings,

Louise
  • We stayed at the Bristol by the way - I've never had such faultless classy service in my life & we had the reception there too. Our guests said it was the best wedding meal they had ever had... x